GameStop Weekly AD 9/28-10/04

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/weeklyad

It's that time of the week again. This week's deals aren't the worst but are far from good.

Noteables:

360 and PS3:

Mortal Kombat- $39.99
Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $39.99

DS:

Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $19.99

HNot much to say. Maybe the ds version of transformers can be a good flip to BB?
^Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Updated OP to reflect Deus Ex sale. Used copies are $40 also if you can find one.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Considering new copies are $35 next week... I guess they at least tried.

whomever edited thanks I guess, but please don't shop there. if you really want Deus Ex that bad and can't wait for a bigger price drop then go to K-Mart or even better yet TRU.

[quote name='CheapestGamerAlive']trust me dont get blood stone[/QUOTE]

Blood stone wasn't horrible. For $10 I considered it a pretty decent buy. Specially since last week I traded it in to GS for $2 more than I bought it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars- $19.99
It's the same as every where else.
.[/QUOTE]

Not everywhere!

C'mon BestBuy: Get your *#$% together!!

Complain all you want, but Gamestop's primary sellers are not new games. Everyone complains that everything new is MSRP, but it's that price at most other retailers too. Go figure.

Gamestop makes money off used sales and game trade-ins, and that's what people should shop there for. And frankly, you guys can talk about Kmart or Toys R Us all you want for better deals on new games, but I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks in credit at Gamestop than spend cash at other retailers.

What does best buy do with all these games traded in? Do they have a market where they resell them or do they pawn them off on another used game source?

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']What does best buy do with all these games traded in? Do they have a market where they resell them or do they pawn them off on another used game source?[/QUOTE]

They resell them in store

[quote name='SaveFarris']Not everywhere!

C'mon BestBuy: Get your *#$% together!![/QUOTE]

I hope Best Buy doesn't. Right now it 17 base trade for the xbox 360 or ps3 versions and 18 for the wii.

So preowned gamestop copy 18.99-10% pur = 17.09*tax 9.5% in TN=
18.71 * 3 copies = $56.13

best buy trade in 18(wii version) *.4 preorder a game = 25.20 * 3 copies=

75.60-56.13= $19.47 Profit

you could do it 6 more time with the xbox and ps3 version they have a trade in of 17.00 which would give you another 30ish in profit

not bad for those of us that have both within a couple miles of our house

And for those of you who shun flipping. Its lego star wars , not some high demand title you are all dying for.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I've had enough. I am flagging this thread for not containing any deals.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm let me check again. Nope I still don't own GameStop so I guess that means I don't control what goes on sale. I just inform everyone what the "deals" of the week are according to GS. i don't think I or the thread deserve bad rep.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hmmm let me check again. Nope I still don't own GameStop so I guess that means I don't control what goes on sale. I just inform everyone what the "deals" of the week are according to GS. i don't think I or the thread deserve bad rep.[/QUOTE]

Haha I was just kidding man. :D I worked for Gamestop for a while and I know how few and far between good deals are in these ads. I appreciate that you post these as I do forget to check the Gamestop web site on Wednesdays.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Gamestop doesn't even try. Some game retailer huh ....[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty clear that they are NOT a game retailer, and hadn't been for years. Theyre simply a very crappy used game reseller

Glad they fixed the ad. When I was looking at it Monday, they had 20% instead of 30% in the tier trade in. However nothing good because they started the Move sale on Monday. Grab a physical copy for easy price matching at BB or any where else if your GS is out of stock.

Has anyone tried out that Cabella's Dangerous Hunts 2011 with the gun? I've been eyeing it for my kids. $30 is right around affordable. Is it any good tho? Does the gun work well? Any thoughts are appreciated.

[quote name='shadowkast']That damn Spiderman game has been on clearance at best buy for $35 for what seems like ages now!?!?[/QUOTE]

They call that price clearance ? Lol. This 19.99 deal is the cheapist Ive seen for a new copy of this game.

I paid 30 for Spiderman and I dont regret it. Its a fun game from what I've played so far. Don't expect alot of hours into the gaame, maybe 5-7. Hell it got a sequel so that there shows the game was good in a way. For $20 you can't go wrong and like Straight Edge said if you can buy it used for even more of a savings.

I thought Spider-man was terrible. The controls were just awful, I gave up during the tutorial levels when I kept pressing what the game told me to do and nothing would happen.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I'm not sure if it's an old deal or a mistake or a deal at all, but Driver: San Francisco shows up for $40 on the site.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that earlier also, the used copy is $34.99 as well

FYI: came back from gamestop and they told me that the gears of war deal + 12 (+2) live card deal is still $59.99 each but because they're giving you 2 extra months its like saving $20. They don't actually take off $20 from the gears and live card.

The ad made it look like they would.

[quote name='lml417']FYI: came back from gamestop and they told me that the gears of war deal + 12 (+2) live card deal is still $59.99 each but because they're giving you 2 extra months its like saving $20. They don't actually take off $20 from the gears and live card.

The ad made it look like they would.[/QUOTE]

Lol 2 months for $20??? Not bad!!

[quote name='lml417']FYI: came back from gamestop and they told me that the gears of war deal + 12 (+2) live card deal is still $59.99 each but because they're giving you 2 extra months its like saving $20. They don't actually take off $20 from the gears and live card.

Wow. That is more than just a little misleading.

2 months is not worth $20... I'm guessing the employee was misinformed.

Or hell, crappy GS logic could assume that we all buy one month at a time for $9.99...

But how am I saving by buying both when I can buy either for the same fukin price? Retards work there.

I went ahead and grabbed me a copy of Cabelas. I never ever had any interest in anything Cabelas until I realized that A) There is a new(ish) light gun game for the 360 and B) The animals are coming after you and not just grazing. Ah screw it, I am a sucker for light gun games so I will try it. $30 is a good price point for me. Thanks OP!

[quote name='DJP519']2 months is not worth $20... I'm guessing the employee was misinformed.

Or hell, crappy GS logic could assume that we all buy one month at a time for $9.99...[/QUOTE]

actually, if you re-up your live on xbox live without there being a deal, it costs $9.99 a month.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']actually, if you re-up your live on xbox live without there being a deal, it costs $9.99 a month.[/QUOTE]

Still, that isn't a sale. God GS are a bunch of dumbasses. Hell Im taking advantage of that 50% trade in value though. i'll update the OP.

Here's a "deal" that's not in the GS weekly ad and is super highly YMMV.

Gamestop just pennied all of the PC/PS3 versions of DC Universe Online. That includes the vanilla and the Collectors Edition(with the Batman statue;)).

The penny price is simply a marker in their system that they're supposed to pull/destroy these items. However you may get a cashier who doesn't know any better and sells/gives you one of these.

Of course, the game is rumored to go free to play in October sometime, which will make these game discs coasters most likely. But each new copy comes with a free trial month, which may allow you to get into the 'premium' level of the F2P model of the game.;)

As of right now the listings for all four versions are still up on the GS website, so you can look to see if they're available in store by you before going there. But DO NOT 'reserve' a copy online for in store pickup, as they may see the price when they pull it and destroy it or keep it for themselves.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dc+universe+online

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Here's a "deal" that's not in the GS weekly ad and is super highly YMMV.

Gamestop just pennied all of the PC/PS3 versions of DC Universe Online. That includes the vanilla and the Collectors Edition(with the Batman statue;)).

The penny price is simply a marker in their system that they're supposed to pull/destroy these items. However you may get a cashier who doesn't know any better and sells/gives you one of these.

Of course, the game is rumored to go free to play in October sometime, which will make these game discs coasters most likely. But each new copy comes with a free trial month, which may allow you to get into the 'premium' level of the F2P model of the game.;)

As of right now the listings for all four versions are still up on the GS website, so you can look to see if they're available in store by you before going there. But DO NOT 'reserve' a copy online for in store pickup, as they may see the price when they pull it and destroy it or keep it for themselves.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dc+universe+online[/QUOTE]

I would be the happiest kid in thw world if I got the collector's edition for a penny. As for the link it's broken. Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow then.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Actually I looked up the game on the website and their full price? How did you hear of this penny deal?[/QUOTE]
People posted it in the reduced price guide thread that I maintain.

You have to go into the stock locator page for the games and check for stores that have it in stock, then on the last page before setting up a reserve for it it'll show the website price and the 'in store' price. The in-store price will be listed as $.01.;)

Like I said though, DO NOT set up an in-store pickup of these. Just go in store to try and grab one or more. If you see them on the shelf, just take them up like you're going to buy them normally and keep an eye on the credit/debit card signature pad thing as the price WILL usually come up on there.

Just say you 'heard they were on clearance because the game is going free to play' and go with that line of bs n hope it works.;):booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People posted it in the reduced price guide thread that I maintain.

You have to go into the stock locator page for the games and check for stores that have it in stock, then on the last page before setting up a reserve for it it'll show the website price and the 'in store' price. The in-store price will be listed as $.01.;)

Like I said though, DO NOT set up an in-store pickup of these. Just go in store to try and grab one or more. If you see them on the shelf, just take them up like you're going to buy them normally and keep an eye on the credit/debit card signature pad thing as the price WILL usually come up on there.

Just say you 'heard they were on clearance because the game is going free to play' and go with that line of bs n hope it works.;):booty:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. it sucks that the collector's edition is 6-7 miles away from me when I have 2 gamestops less than 7 minutes away. Here's hoping I can get that penny price. Thanks again.

If anyone can manage to snag a collector's edition with the batman statue for me, please PM me, I'd gladly pay for the shipping and your time.

You're quite welcome.

If the employees tell you they may 'get in trouble if they sell them to you', then that's when you pull out the logic and say 'well you guys are gonna just destroy these anyway so just give it to me and there won't be a record of a sale'.;)

You may also want to toss down a $5 pre-order on a game to try and entice them to let you have one, since GS clerks kinda get graded on the # of pre-orders they get and keep. Note I said keep. If you cancel a pre-order you hurt their pre-order numbers and it counts as a -1 for them. But even better is that it counts as a -1 for whoever cancels it for you and NOT the original person you did it with.:evil:

So if there's a know-it-all jerkwad at one of your closest GS stores who ya don't like you could always give him the negative.:lol:

bread's done
Back