gamestop weekly ad june 29 - july 5 alice 39.99 rest of ad = lmao

[quote name='KRATOS']i'd rather get alice at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but lots of shoppers go to gamestop so this will come in handy for them. It sucks that people who live in ny have to pay tax on amazon though and it isn't fair. None else does but us why is that ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Really ? Where do you live at ? I guess more states are going after amazon now for taxes[/QUOTE]
Kansas. I've always paid taxes on Amazon purchases. Same thing when I lived in Tennessee a couple of years ago, too.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Agreed, but lots of shoppers go to gamestop so this will come in handy for them. It sucks that people who live in ny have to pay tax on amazon though and it isn't fair. None else does but us why is that ?[/QUOTE]

My suggestion would be to move out of New York and back to America.

[quote name='token2k6']LMAO new album is great..errrr wait!

GS needs to start stepping it up..BB has been pwning it lately..[/QUOTE]

Lately ? It's been pwning it for ages. Even bestbuys average deals are better then gamestops 95.9 percent of the time ( trade in deals aside )

[quote name='strait edge follower']Agreed, but lots of shoppers go to gamestop so this will come in handy for them. It sucks that people who live in ny have to pay tax on amazon though and it isn't fair. None else does but us why is that ?[/QUOTE]

There's two things happening as far as being taxed for online purchases. 1. The company has a physical location in your state and thus must charge you tax. This can be b&m or warehouse or corporate offices. 2. Some states see the money they lose on online purchases as unfair and passed state laws to charge tax on purchases made online based on the customers location not the company. In Texas I never get charged tax on Amazon but I do on places that others don't.

I know gamestop has so-so prices for used games but they are the slowest retailer of any major electronic store to put game sales that specialize on games itself.

Shrug I'm sure you know you are suppose to pay taxes even if Amazon doesn't charge you for it. It just that most people don't.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I know gamestop has so-so prices for used games but they are the slowest retailer of any major electronic store to put game sales that specialize on games itself.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the last time a good deal for a new release came out that made me say " wow I got to go to gamestop to get that game over everyone else ". Not to mention everyone else offers promo credit for game purchases but gamestop.

[quote name='Denbo32']Shrug I'm sure you know you are suppose to pay taxes even if Amazon doesn't charge you for it. It just that most people don't.[/QUOTE]

Yea no doubt about that. All I'm saying is that everyone should pay taxes or none at all

[quote name='Slappybob']Remember the days when you used to look forward to the Gamestop ad?
Used deal of the week, coupons![/QUOTE]
I do miss the used deal of the week. Towards the end of them having those deals I literally bought every one.

[quote name='Slappybob']Remember the days when you used to look forward to the Gamestop ad?
Used deal of the week, coupons![/QUOTE]

Ah memories lol. Oh and I see you are playing my favorite game of all time final fantasy x ! I play it every summer and I've beaten it at least 8 times. What part are you up to so far ?

[quote name='thegreek']One of my wishes in life is to see Gamestop go bankrupt.[/QUOTE]

Why ? Eventhough they aren't the best option they do offer good trade in promos sometimes and some of their used prices are acually good. Plus less competition is only bad for the industry

[quote name='thegreek']One of my wishes in life is to see Gamestop go bankrupt.[/QUOTE]

Where would I buy and sell my games then? good lord all the games I've flipped.

As much as I hate them, they are one of the few places I can find some of the niche Japanese rpg's that go out of print, used of course. Plus sometimes you can get really decent used game deals there after awhile.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yea no doubt about that. All I'm saying is that everyone should pay taxes or none at all[/QUOTE]

Basically the way online taxes work is if the company has a physical location (like a distribution warehouse) in the state they are delivering to they have to charge taxes. If they do not have a physical location in that state no taxes are due. I dont have to pay taxes for amazon but I do have to pay for Hastings, Best Buy because they have stores in the state of Colorado.

[quote name='Denbo32']Where would I buy and sell my games then? good lord all the games I've flipped.[/QUOTE]

I feel like if this is your primary buy and sell, you have much to learn in order to be a true cheap ass.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I feel like if this is your primary buy and sell, you have much to learn in order to be a true cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

I think your very wrong. I've bought many bundles from craigslist, flea markets, and of course BBV B1G1 where I'm flipping at gamestop for more then double what I pay.

There are tons of games you can't really pawn off anywhere else. How many places will take 10 copies of Wii Shrek games or toy story and other crappy wii games for 10 bucks a pop?

If you know the system well enough you can easily make good money flipping to game stop.

Also B2G1 from gamestop makes that credit worth something.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I don't remember the last time a good deal for a new release came out that made me say " wow I got to go to gamestop to get that game over everyone else ". Not to mention everyone else offers promo credit for game purchases but gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Whenever they ask if I want to Pre order a game I always tell them I already have it reserved through gamestop or amazon for the promo credit, wether I do or not. Maybe eventually they will.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I don't remember the last time a good deal for a new release came out that made me say " wow I got to go to gamestop to get that game over everyone else ". Not to mention everyone else offers promo credit for game purchases but gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I think Portal 2 $35 was the last deal on a game near release. The power saver had some good stuff but most of the games were out for a while. GS to me is about used games, b2g1, trade 2 get ___ game for $20 & the $20-$30 new game price drop. I don't see it changing unless other retailers really improve on used game deals/selection or one of these companies actually get a system that make 2nd hand games "unusable" or "undesirable" with online passes or "1 game saves".

[quote name='Enuf']I think Portal 2 $35 was the last deal on a game near release. The power saver had some good stuff but most of the games were out for a while. GS to me is about used games, b2g1, trade 2 get ___ game for $20 & the $20-$30 new game price drop. I don't see it changing unless other retailers really improve on used game deals/selection or one of these companies actually get a system that make 2nd hand games "unusable" or "undesirable" with online passes or "1 game saves".[/QUOTE]
Kmart had portal 2 for $35, Gamestop had it for $40 not $35 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Kmart had it for $35, Gamestop had portal 2 for $40 if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

That's when I picked up my copy, and sold the online code for $20.

Used Alice with Edge and my 20% off birfday coupon comes to $25. Not sure if that's worth missing out on the original game token... But I am not going to use this coupon before it expires on anything else.

Any suggestion on a sub $20 game to buy that has a decent price on GS ? Need to burn my $10 off coupon before the end of the day tomorrow.

Been waiting for something decent since the b2g1 sale which I missed.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I got like $35 in gamestop credit. I would be able to pick up alice for like $8 after the credit. I might finally end up getting it. :)[/QUOTE]

I think you should go for it. A new release for 8 ? Can't go wrong with that. Also check for a used copy and see if the used copys are discounted ( gamestop doesn't always discount used copys for games that are on sale ) if they are then that will be even better. Especially after you apply the power up rewards card

I checked and used copys of Alice are discounted so whoever is getting it from gamestop can get it for 34.99 before the card is applied And after you use the card, it should be around 32 that's good

[quote name='strait edge follower']I checked and used copys of Alice are discounted so whoever is getting it from gamestop can get it for 34.99 before the card is applied And after you use the card, it should be around 32 that's good[/QUOTE]

Yeah you probably don't get the voucher for the first alice game though, so if you're interested in that, probably a better deal to pay the extra money instead of $10 on PSN/XBL for the code.

gamestop blows, i dont even shop there anymore. even the 50% trade in is all bullship b/c they lower the trade in prices right before the sale starts, then top that off with everygame always is retail price you never get 20$ gift cards like amazon and sometimes bestbuy/ toysrus sometimes does.

Could I price-match Alice at Best Buy? I have credit to burn...however, I don't know if they'll price match without a physical ad.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']gamestop blows, i dont even shop there anymore. even the 50% trade in is all bullship b/c they lower the trade in prices right before the sale starts, then top that off with everygame always is retail price you never get 20$ gift cards like amazon and sometimes bestbuy/ toysrus sometimes does.[/QUOTE]

There's always some idiot that has to post this. Plus I've been anti gamestop for the past 4 years but lately the TIVs with these promos have been great.

bread's done
Back