Gamestop Weekly As 2-15 to 2-21 Rayman Origins $19.99 PS3, 360, Wii

Rayman Origins for $19.99 is a steal. I've been waiting for it to hit that price point since launch and now my patience has been rewarded. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Interesting. I may have to go to BB and grab Rayman Origins via PM with some of the credit I have left. I originally was supposed to make a trade with a local CAG but that fell through.:cry:

The Gamestop across the street from where I work keeps pissing me off. They have a terribile selection of games (no covers/manuals) because its in a bad area, and they keep saying the LE's of games I want to preorder aren't available.

So I just put in a request for them to hold Rayman for me even though I'm accross the street and will go there in an hour.

And I half expect them to tell me it still $30.

La Noire for 20 bucks what a bargain I briefly played this game at my friends house and loved it, will be picking this up asap.
smiley.jpg

[quote name='schulerbob']If I didn't already have a fight stick, I'd be all over that mortal kombat deal.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over it if it wasn't for the fact they are trying to get rid of the regular Mortal Kombat's to make room for the Komplete one.

You'll get the fight stick and MK and then the new one will come out and MK will be $15-20.

[quote name='Dinoshot']La Noire for 20 bucks what a bargain I briefly played this game at my friends house and loved it, will be picking this up asap.
smiley.jpg
[/QUOTE]
L.A. Noire Complete is out now and has I believe most of the DLC content on disc. But it is also $40 versus the original edition. If you still have a Blockbuster Video by you, I believe L.A. Noire vanilla edition is $15-16 right now as well used.

Site trade-in deals says the +$40 for ps3/xbox360 ends 2/20 and this ad says 2/21. Prob won't have my new xbox until tuesday so let's hope the deal sticks til then.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']How good is Rayman? Like one of the best platformers in the past 5 years good?[/QUOTE]
If you only own a 360, then yes.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']How good is Rayman? Like one of the best platformers in the past 5 years good?[/QUOTE]

It is one of the best platformers that I have played in years. It is a shame that the game did not sell that well.

[quote name='Dinoshot']La Noire for 20 bucks what a bargain I briefly played this game at my friends house and loved it, will be picking this up asap.
smiley.jpg
[/QUOTE]

la noire complete ed. is 32.41 on amazon. the added dlc is well worth the extra 12 bucks. hell, the reefer madness case alone is worth that much.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Waiting for the 3DS version of Rayman to be $20.[/QUOTE]
Just going by the facts that this is a Ubisoft title and that $29.99 seems like the current MSRP for many versions of it already I would say that your wait won't take too much longer.

I'm definitely in the very small minority here, but I hated the Rayman demo to the point that I didn't even want to finish it. I'd play the demo and see if you like it. I almost bought the game on hype alone, then tried the demo and was very glad I didn't.

deff wouldn't get to it, but $20 was my price point... if Amazon PM it, then I'll deff buy it now because who knows if it hits $20 for a little while

[quote name='jr233270']Rayman Origins for $19.99 is a steal. I've been waiting for it to hit that price point since launch and now my patience has been rewarded. Thanks for the heads up, OP![/QUOTE]

toy r us had it for the same price with free shipping like a month or so ago!

Started playing this last night on the PS3 based on the multiplayer fun of the demo. I originally played it solo and thought it sucked but somehow it became a must have playing cooperatively, too much Mario in my life I guess. Oh, and I bought it online at TRU for the Wii with my $20 for $10 Google offer, then returned it in store for the PS3 version, so it only cost me $10.
The game has more depth than it explains - I'm so used to playing 2D platformers with mostly just the jump button but you can vary your attack moves and hold up your hands to have someone else jump on them (morecomplicated than need be, I think it should have been automatic) but they did make the effort to make this a "real" game and not just a quick cheap downladable game that at first glance it looks like.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']L.A. Noire Complete is out now and has I believe most of the DLC content on disc. But it is also $40 versus the original edition. If you still have a Blockbuster Video by you, I believe L.A. Noire vanilla edition is $15-16 right now as well used.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for 5 during the sale and even bought the DLC season pass when it was on sale. still haven't played it though haha.

[quote name='rjejr']Started playing this last night on the PS3 based on the multiplayer fun of the demo. I originally played it solo and thought it sucked but somehow it became a must have playing cooperatively, too much Mario in my life I guess. Oh, and I bought it online at TRU for the Wii with my $20 for $10 Google offer, then returned it in store for the PS3 version, so it only cost me $10.
The game has more depth than it explains - I'm so used to playing 2D platformers with mostly just the jump button but you can vary your attack moves and hold up your hands to have someone else jump on them (morecomplicated than need be, I think it should have been automatic) but they did make the effort to make this a "real" game and not just a quick cheap downladable game that at first glance it looks like.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, maybe that's the appeal that I never got. I only played it single player, then got so bored by it that I didn't want to drag anyone else in to suffer too.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Doesn't look like Amazon even has any in stock (For 360 at least) sooo guess they prob won't PM.[/QUOTE]
Yes they do. They have a third party seller for the main page because it's cheapest price, but clicking on new and they have it for $29.99.

Rayman is definitely worth it at $20. I rented via Gamefly and loved every bit of it that I played. Having played half of it already though, I think I'm going to hold off for it to be a little bit cheaper.

[quote name='technicalstylez']la noire complete ed. is 32.41 on amazon. the added dlc is well worth the extra 12 bucks. hell, the reefer madness case alone is worth that much.[/QUOTE]

this may be true, but $20 for the standard edition is probably the better way to go, when the season dlc pass has gone on sale on xbl like 3 or so times already, I'm sure it'll go on sale again.

[quote name='jr233270']Rayman Origins for $19.99 is a steal. I've been waiting for it to hit that price point since launch and now my patience has been rewarded. Thanks for the heads up, OP![/QUOTE]

It's been that price at a couple of retailers. Guess you missed it. Here's your chance. I got it from BB at this price via TRU price match.

All three of these deals seem rather good to great, especially for Gamestop. With that said:

[quote name='rjejr']they did make the effort to make this a "real" game and not just a quick cheap downladable game that at first glance it looks like.[/QUOTE]

I rented and beat (not the "true" ending) Rayman, playing 2,3,or 4 player co-op the entire time, and I still think it should have either been a high-end (1200) XBLA release or a $30 MSRP game.

[quote name='pwnthee']It's been that price at a couple of retailers. Guess you missed it. Here's your chance. I got it from BB at this price via TRU price match.[/QUOTE]

I kept missing the other sales in the past, I think I finally might bite. Although at this rate, how long before it's on sale for $10?

You know, I remember back when we used to actually look forward to this thread every week. This was back when JP did it and it actually had coupons....

Shit, I am old.........

[quote name='stavros45']I kept missing the other sales in the past, I think I finally might bite. Although at this rate, how long before it's on sale for $10?[/QUOTE]
Stop asking and start spending! This game needs more sales.

[quote name='stavros45']I kept missing the other sales in the past, I think I finally might bite. Although at this rate, how long before it's on sale for $10?[/QUOTE]
That's what I wonder, as it'll be a while before I can get to it.

Thanks, OP!

I kept saying guys. Let it drop. It's an Ubisoft game and it hasn't sold well. It won't be rare. You will likely see it at $10. Just have patience and buy at the price you're comfortable at. There's no hurry to get it.

'There's no hurry to get it' describes my feelings about the game too. It's nice enough but I have yet to be really taken in by it.

bread's done
Back