gamestops closing

steve nash

CAGiversary!
hey i was making the rounds this weekend and noticed 2 gamestop stores taht had closed down. there was zero liquidation sales bc they were in very close proximity to other gamestop stores ie

I'd guess oversaturation. I mean, by my house alone, there are 5 of them within 15 miles of my house, with one possibly going in by the new walmart they just started.

Hell, one of the malls over here (can't recall which one) has two Gamestops IN it. One upper level, one lower, on opposite ends of the mall. Alot of this is due to the buy-out/merger of EB, Software Etc, and so on.

Yep, I have three stores to choose from within 1mi. of each other after Funcoland and EB Games were bought out; two of which are in the same mall lol. Its been like that for years now, so I guess they each do enough business to warrant sticking around.

Almost every Gamestop that I've been into that involves a mall has been tiny and a pain in the butt to get through. They are always crowded and in a small area. Glad they are closing the mall stores.

within 15 minutes driving time, i have 2 malls, each with 2, 2 right down the street from said mall, within a mile, 2 in other non mall buildings and another 2 5 minutes further.

bread's done
Back