Gamestops Return Policy

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I just bought Condemned 2 for 360 and the damn disk keeps giving me a Disk Read Error, the thing is the gamestop I bought it at is all the way across town and I dont really have the gas money to make another trip out there.

Can I make returns at a closer store?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']yes, just have the receipt.[/QUOTE]Ok cool, I got the receipt in the game case.

Anyone ever have any problems with this?

Did you buy the game used or new? Have you checked the disc for the 'ring of doom' that some 360's leave when you move them while the disc is spinning? If you bought the game new and it doesn't work, they should allow you to exchange it for another copy within 7 days with the receipt. If you bought it used, again, same thing. But check to see if it has that ring - some stores won't let you return the game if the disc has that circular scratch.

You shouldn't have any problems. Gamestop is a chain. As long as you are within the Return Dates, you should be ok. DRE are really on the xbox. I know my Gears was doing it and it ended up being the DVD drive.

Well, the disk is brand new and it has some weird wavy filmy stuff on the data layer of the disk. It boots up fine but after a few minutes it DRE's.

I tried it on my neighbors 360 and it did the same thing. Gonna return it tomorrow for another copy.

figured I'll thread hi jack since its along the same lines, does anyone know Gamestops policy on exchanging systems ? I have a 360 thats 2 weeks old thats starting to act up, and I wanna exchange it for a new one.

[quote name='goukill1120']figured I'll thread hi jack since its along the same lines, does anyone know Gamestops policy on exchanging systems ? I have a 360 thats 2 weeks old thats starting to act up, and I wanna exchange it for a new one.[/quote]

If it's a RRoD, they'll tell you to call Microsoft.

But if it's giving DRE's or something else, you might be able to exchange it depending on if you bought it new or used. If it's bought used, you have 30 days to exchange it. If it was bought new, they'll do like if it was a RRoD and tell you to call MS since it is covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Phew, I got an exchange without the employees giving me any shit. The gamestop I went too has completely new management and employees, I might make a return trip here in the future because the new manager is nice.

[quote name='Persona7']Well, the disk is brand new and it has some weird wavy filmy stuff on the data layer of the disk. It boots up fine but after a few minutes it DRE's.

I tried it on my neighbors 360 and it did the same thing. Gonna return it tomorrow for another copy.[/quote]

Was it like a whitish haze? If it is and it has a certain pattern on the bottom of the disc, it could've been resurfaced and/or Disc Doctored.

Most people don't know that even the "professional resurfacing" is really just grinding off the layers of disc where the scratches are and then buffing what's left with a polish of sorts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Was it like a whitish haze? If it is and it has a certain pattern on the bottom of the disc, it could've been resurfaced and/or Disc Doctored.

Most people don't know that even the "professional resurfacing" is really just grinding off the layers of disc where the scratches are and then buffing what's left with a polish of sorts.[/QUOTE]It was like a oily film and the bottom of the disk had odd blotches on it.

That's another type of resurfacing gunk they use then. I've had numerous games like that in the past. But the worst ones are the Disc Doctored ones, since they leave a telltale swirling scratch pattern on the disc that's VERY noticable.

bread's done
Back