Gamestop's way of handling preorders...

A

Apossum

--Midnight launch

--People who pay in full before 11/22 get put on the "V.I.P." list and get their own line (not very VIP if there's more people who paid it off first.)

--I think paying off in full bumps you up the list, but the guy didn't make himself clear, he was to busy trying to upsell me everything under the sun.

pretty sure they are going by first come, first serve, instead of the order that they received the preorders in, but I'm not 100% on that.

YMMV.

I've also heard from eb and gs employees that both companies (well, guess they're just 1 comp.) are trying to upsell as much extras before launch as possible, so if you get harassed for a half hour about extra controllers, that's why.

I wonder how EB is doing theirs. I paid mine off yesterday and I'm waiting for a launch list until I preorder games. As soon as I get a launch list, I'll go up there and preorder a game and ask em about it.

Well, as of Friday, October 14th, my 360 Standard Edition, with 4 games, are all paid off. So when I come go into GameStop on Tuesday morning the 22nd, my stuff better be there, because as someone without real life friends, I don't really feel like standing in line outside in the cold here in Minnesota, especially since that Monday night is also the Vikings MNF game against the Packers, and I wouldn't miss that for the world.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Well, as of Friday, October 14th, my 360 Standard Edition, with 4 games, are all paid off. So when I come go into GameStop on Tuesday morning the 22nd, my stuff better be there, because as someone without real life friends, I don't really feel like standing in line outside in the cold here in Minnesota, especially since that Monday night is also the Vikings MNF game against the Packers, and I wouldn't miss that for the world.[/QUOTE]

So True. I wouldn't miss it either. I just wish the Vikings would start playing better and lose all the off field problems.

I just payed off my Xbox 360 today. Im on second shipment, but the manager said that I would be bumped up the list now.

That's pretty shitty that they are taking people who have them paid-in-full first. I'd be pissed if I was first on the list, but they didn't have one for me. PRetty shaddy practices.

I have mine at GAMERUSH....I was first on the list, and there still may be spots left, as mine does not have many people there.

[quote name='doubledown']That's pretty shitty that they are taking people who have them paid-in-full first. I'd be pissed if I was first on the list, but they didn't have one for me. PRetty shaddy practices.

I have mine at GAMERUSH....I was first on the list, and there still may be spots left, as mine does not have many people there.[/QUOTE]

well, if the commies won, then this wouldn't be happening. But they didn't and I'm about to pay mine off in full, so I'm happy. ;-)

I'm going to try to pay it off on my December credit card statement. So that would mean I have to pay it in full like a week before launch. Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

the VIP line at gamestop is a freaking joke, i worked at gamestop when halo 2 came out, i was there til 2 am. there were more people in the VIP line then in the regular line. 3 VIP members got to go in the store and 1 normal line person and the normal line still went faster

News:

Went to my gamestop today. They have 80 preorders, and will only have 15 at midnight for the first 15 reserves they got. They will get 10 per day after that until reserves are filled.

Over on RT.com, other people have confirmed their gamestops have said the same thing.

Lots of people may be SOL for the midnight launch.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Who wants to setup a plan to rob a semi of Xbox 360's? We can share among all the cags like Robin hood.[/QUOTE]

That happened in Michigan to a truck carrying Super Mario 3 for a Meijer Wharehouse back in the 90's

[quote name='dark54555']News:

Went to my gamestop today. They have 80 preorders, and will only have 15 at midnight for the first 15 reserves they got. They will get 10 per day after that until reserves are filled.

Over on RT.com, other people have confirmed their gamestops have said the same thing.

Lots of people may be SOL for the midnight launch.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting....

I'd have to wait about a week to get mine, I think. Oh well, looks like I'm hitting up best buy. Gotta have that system for thanksgiving break :)

Wow, a lot of bad info here...or some bad managers.

I'll clarify quite a few.

It is GameStop's practice to honor the reservations in the order they are made, no matter the amount paid on them. If you have felt this does not apply to you or you have been unfairly moved out of your spot, ask for the number of the District Manager. It is also GameStop's practice to respond to EVERY customer complaint. Systems will be held for 48 hours and then default to the next person on the list.

GameStop does not have an allocation amount yet. Any manager who says they know how many their store is getting is full of shit.

And yes, GS manager's push the pre-orders for the extra stuff because they are pushing future sales. But, I do recommend finding which items you even *think* you may want since with new system launches, there are so many extras that are available, GS only has floor space for so much at once.

And for the former worker that said the VIP line sucked? Actually, it worked well. Imagine how long it would have taken to get those people in and out if NO ONE had paid it off. You were there for 2 hours and probably had 500 people? From experience, before this nice little program, 500 people would have taken 6 to 8 hours without pushing for pay-offs.

i know this is dealing with the 360, but the whole concept of VIP is bullshit for GS. When Halo 2 came out they indeed had a VIP line at midnight. the problem was they also had a line for people who just wanted to buy it.

Since i showed up are 10:45, i was way back in the "VIP" line, and when 12 hit the non VIP line had people going in before me. I thought that was really messed up, and i began to question the efficacy of pre-ordering when i could have just bought it that night and got home sooner.

I paid mine off ages ago, My only gripe is that they keep bullshitting me on what # I am on the list, my stacks of receipts don't specify anything and they keep saying they don't number the order's. Now after reading the last few post's I'm a bit concerned if I will be getting played on a NY launch day hustle(same happened with PS2), I preordered in may when they started taking them, paid off the unit in July and boosted it up to $720 in Sept, I'm seriously going flip out if they tell me they're sold out or make me come in several times...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I paid mine off ages ago, My only gripe is that they keep bullshitting me on what # I am on the list, my stacks of receipts don't specify anything and they keep saying they don't number the order's. Now after reading the last few post's I'm a bit concerned if I will be getting played on a NY launch day hustle(same happened with PS2), I preordered in may when they started taking them, paid off the unit in July and boosted it up to $720 in Sept, I'm seriously going flip out if they tell me they're sold out or make me come in several times...[/QUOTE]

I you pre-ordered before May 25th, you are considered a guaranteed reservation. Those don't get numbered. Then, when an allocation amount is finalized, the excess beyond those first customers will get ordered by reservation date.

[quote name='Villy']I you pre-ordered before May 25th, you are considered a guaranteed reservation. Those don't get numbered. Then, when an allocation amount is finalized, the excess beyond those first customers will get ordered by reservation date.[/QUOTE]

May 21st to be exact , Guess I'm covered :) thanks for the info :applause:

[quote name='munch']i know this is dealing with the 360, but the whole concept of VIP is bullshit for GS. When Halo 2 came out they indeed had a VIP line at midnight. the problem was they also had a line for people who just wanted to buy it.

Since i showed up are 10:45, i was way back in the "VIP" line, and when 12 hit the non VIP line had people going in before me. I thought that was really messed up, and i began to question the efficacy of pre-ordering when i could have just bought it that night and got home sooner.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it looks kind of odd but here are some numbers for you. It takes less than 10 seconds to give a VIP person their copy of the game. It takes 2 minutes to ring someone out if they have credits, trades, etc.

Where this looks odd is because of the success of pushing this program, almost everyone did it, so you have this long line and then tiny one.

Compare this to the last huge launch before GS started doing this. GTA: VC for PS2. It arrived at 5pm and the last customer had theirs at 11pm. This was also half as many copies as Halo 2.

[quote name='Villy']Yes, it looks kind of odd but here are some numbers for you. It takes less than 10 seconds to give a VIP person their copy of the game. It takes 2 minutes to ring someone out if they have credits, trades, etc.

Where this looks odd is because of the success of pushing this program, almost everyone did it, so you have this long line and then tiny one.

Compare this to the last huge launch before GS started doing this. GTA: VC for PS2. It arrived at 5pm and the last customer had theirs at 11pm. This was also half as many copies as Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

That's fine and i realize this, but my thing is let us who took pre-orders get ours, then hook up those who came that night. People who didn't pre-order were on their way with Halo 2 before those who did.

Villy is right. the guy who told me that info in the OP is a complete douche....long story short.

bread's done
Back