gametail.com - new online seller, is it trustworthy?

babaz75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
just like the thread title, i just discovered this new online seller
gametail.com

appears to be based in UK
it's going full fledged open on semptember 17th
they're offering quite aggressive "deals of the day" for each day upto september 17th launch

the most notable quid, apart from the interesting deals going on right now, is the FREE shipping policy to UK *AND* EU customers (just like mymemory...)

so, anyone has tested it already? any clues, any thoughts?
i know, it's maybe a bit too early to judge...

I've been talking to one of the guys from there for about a week, they're going to provide us with data as soon as they launch properly. Seems to be a decent operation.

[quote name='John']I've been talking to one of the guys from there for about a week, they're going to provide us with data as soon as they launch properly. Seems to be a decent operation.[/QUOTE]

awesome John,
that's what i needed to know

now bring on the good deals

I got 10 pre-orders with them but i would still not trust them 100%... they do have a live chat, but that doesn't mean they are 100% trustworthy... although they seem so hehe.

Got my Halo Reach copy on the 13th, sent by TNT to Portugal and have a pre-order on Dead Rising 2.
There seems to be some trouble with communication with others (if you check their twitter account), but people have to remember that they are experiencing the usual glitches that happen with every new retailer...
Only thing I don't like is that they have Paypal and take the money immediatly, which might make refunds more troublesome, but they did say that they will also accept other payment methods, including the major credit cards. If they will still continue to take the money right away or not, that I don't know, I'll wait and see.
But as long as the good prices continue, its not too troublesome.

@finalsight

No, but then again I also didn't get confirmation when I pre-ordered Halo Reach. I think the Paypal invoices you get work as confirmation. I did get a "Thank you for your order" when they sent me Halo Reach (ordered on the 6th, sent on the 10th).

[quote name='BloodOmenPT']@finalsight

No, but then again I also didn't get confirmation when I pre-ordered Halo Reach. I think the Paypal invoices you get work as confirmation. I did get a "Thank you for your order" when they sent me Halo Reach (ordered on the 6th, sent on the 10th).[/QUOTE]

you got Halo Reach via ebay right? coz i cannot find it anywhere on the site ...
btw, having it delivered on "day minus 1" to continental eu via TNT was pretty impressive... how much did you pay for that?

...and having paypal is not that bad, you have some sort of protection added ain't it?

@babaz75

No, I got it directly from their website (can't post links, check their site and click on the Halo symbol, it's one of the sold outs). The deal with these guys seems to be they get a certain ammount of stock, it gets sold out and them the deal is over, so pretty much a one time deal.

I paid 34.95£ with free shipping (to UK and all EU). Could have got it for 31.95£ but that deal only lasted like 5 or 6 hours. Fortunatly they got a second stock, altough a bit more expensive.

And yes, since Paypal protects you up to 500£, no problems there. So far all seems to indicate that they are 100% legit. Let's see how long they last with these prices...

so they missed their september 17th laucnh-line
homepage has a sorry plead and promise to be fully online asap

legit or not?

Open letter to all customers

On 23rd September 2010, following extensive discussions with PayPal over the last 14 days, we were informed of the suspension of our PayPal account pending a 6 month audit. To this effect we have been forced to cancel the following orders which were due to ship today:

• Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
  • Dead Rising 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock Full Band Bundle (PS3)
  • Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock Full Band Bundle (Xbox 360)
  • Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock Full Band Bundle (Wii)
and the following orders due to ship no later than 28th October 2010:

• WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 (PS2)
  • WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 (PS3)
  • WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 (PSP)
  • WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 (Xbox 360)
  • WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 (Wii)
All other orders placed on all other products to date have been fulfilled and shipped.
We have begun the process of refunding customers, and these will be completed within the next 72 hours. We have also provided PayPal will a full list of customers effected and we hope they will be able to action these refunds in a shorter space of time.
Our customer services staff will continue to handle tickets, telephone calls and live chats via the existing methods of contact found on this page. We appreciate your patience whilst we handle your queries.
To this effect, and in the interest and respect of our customers, we have now postponed the launch of gametail.com until the new year and look forward to welcoming our valued customers back soon!
Yours faithfully,

Adam Harris
Director
gametail.com Limited

I think that answers the question.

Yeah... they shouldnt use paypal anyway. Its just so unpro and im sure they were getting' charged a ton for receiving the cash.
Shame about those Dead Rising pre-orders.

bread's done
Back