Gametap(PC digitial distribution) offering 5 dollar voucher to do a survey

pandiosity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gametap-shop.com/

Gametap is offering a 5 dollar voucher to do a survey
It may require that you create a gampetap account.

I finished the survey it says its going to send me a voucher in 72 hours.

Look for the banner that says "featured" above it.
It has Uncle Sam on it and says "Give us your opinion and get a 5 dollar voucher"

I'm probably going to spend it on Skyrim Hearthfire.
But you do what you want to do.

In case the banner is missing use this link provided by ArrenDusk
http://survey.ideamap.net/EY69TQ/EY69TQ9615Front.asp?country=US&partner=MB&userID=666

Last edited by a moderator:
From the gist of the survey it looks their checking the popularity of different types of game services and pricing structures. what caught my eye was the one about streaming game services similar to onlve.

I say free is good. If they want my opinion and will to give 5 dollars for it. I say why not.

Very nice, thanks OP. I'll probably do the same as you since I've checked the list of steam-only products under 5$ and I own all of those already except for Hearthfire.

Thanks OP. Looks like it is 214 questions (lots of repeats), taking it now. Will edit when finished. I'm attempting it without an account and I'll see if I have to register afterwards

EDIT: The last question asks to enter your email for them to send the $5 to. Not 214 questions, but there are over 100

[quote name='iRandom']Is this PC only?
sorry don't know what gametap is[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have mentioned that.
I will fix that.
Yes its PC only as far as I know.

It looks like they sell all of the Steamplay games, where Steam is required to play. That's awesome! Definitely doing one or two surveys for some free games...

[quote name='Blade']It looks like they sell all of the Steamplay games, where Steam is required to play. That's awesome! Definitely doing one or two surveys for some free games...[/QUOTE]

Next time keep that suggestion to yourself. Not saying its not smart, because I was tempted too. Your hurting yourself in the long run. There is a 72 hour window before they send out the voucher. Right now there does not appear to be a restriction on how you use the voucher. But that could change. Especially if they notice 20 or 30 email surveys from same ip address or some other nonsense.

It appears the banner is missing... I wonder why?

It would not hurt to try ArrenDusk suggestion and use his link.

[quote name='ArrenDusk']It appears that apart from the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim, other under 5$ Steam-only products are available. Magicka: Vietnam and a couple of civ packs for Civ V to be exact. Are these vouchers stackable?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post about Hearthfire. Well, I definitely know what I'm using my voucher for, provided it isn't for their Unlimited Play service.

^ I've been in court, I'm in debt, there's a warrant for my arrest, my car got stolen, my fiancee cheated on me, and my grandfather had a heart attack already this year. There's not much karma can do to me anymore. ;)

[quote name='ArrenDusk']It appears that apart from the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim, other under 5$ Steam-only products are available. Magicka: Vietnam and a couple of civ packs for Civ V to be exact. Doubt they stack though.

@MagicMurder, here, I grabbed the direct survey link from my history. http://survey.ideamap.net/EY69TQ/EY69TQ9615Front.asp?country=US&partner=MB&userID=666 In case the ad truly is gone, it may still work if you go there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, took forever to finish survey but I got it done!

[quote name='Blade']I was just about to post about Hearthfire. Well, I definitely know what I'm using my voucher for, provided it isn't for their Unlimited Play service.

^ I've been in court, I'm in debt, there's a warrant for my arrest, my car got stolen, my fiancee cheated on me, and my grandfather had a heart attack already this year. There's not much karma can do to me anymore. ;)[/QUOTE]
Got to get away. There's a warrant on my head. Got to get away. They want me alive or dead.

Damn that is a long survey but thanks. That is a horrible survey. I forsee a lot of people getting fed up with the first 50 questions and just randomly picking stuff after having stuff repeated different ways 20 times.

[quote name='ArrenDusk']Did anyone ever did get their voucher? Definitely been 72 hours since I've done mine.[/QUOTE]

We--being myself and the others in the Steam thread--haven't gotten our vouchers yet, either. I'm wondering if this was still going on when the link was posted, since the banner went down quickly and they seem to already have a subscription service. :cry:

They have always had that subscription service.
Myself I have an account with them. So I'm planning on generating a ticket and seeing where that takes me.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Damn that is a long survey but thanks. That is a horrible survey. I forsee a lot of people getting fed up with the first 50 questions and just randomly picking stuff after having stuff repeated different ways 20 times.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the survey was terrible. I gave legit answers the first few times, but then started BSing myself through after I realized they were repeating the same crap. Horrible way to do a survey.

I haven't received my credit, but now I don't expect to.

nope have not received a response. but one things for sure. If I don't get my voucher gametap has lost a customer. even though i did not use there services much anyways.

Just got my code
Does gametap have any $5 games that require steam?
Decided to just get hearthfire like everyone else, I don't have Skyrim but gf does and she wanted it.
Something she wants > a random $5 game that I would probably play once and then never again.

just got my code. so happy.
Gonna buy hearthfire :)

It works. I just bought Hearthfire. It activated on steam.
If anybody doesnt want their code. I could alway's use CIV V DLC ;)

[quote name='pandiosity']did you do the survey before or after the banner vanished.[/QUOTE]

I used mine after the banner vanished via someone's link

So basically. anybody who uses that link, can get 5.00
Id also like to mention, that I tried to go to the survey again.
I know, greedy. so no it detects that Ive done the survey probably by IP
Ive tried clearing cache and it still says Ive already done the survey.
Since the link is still running I'm assuming you can still do the survey.

[quote name='LoLRoflCopter']I just got mine! Thanks OP! :D[/QUOTE]
has anybody recently tried to enter this survey today?(somebody who hasn't already done the survey.)

[quote name='iRandom']Got my code.
So what's the best way to spend this voucher on? any game within the $5 range. Any DLC?[/QUOTE]

There's not much if your trying to get just free, and even less if your gunning for steam.
If you have skyrim I'd reccomend hearthfire.
there's magicka and civ v dlc that's around 5.

first half of the questions made me not want it even more... :(

Thank you. Shoddy survey but they've got my input. No streaming games from me, and I'm sure many others (seeing as so many people have ridiculous isp caps)

[quote name='taylynne']first half of the questions made me not want it even more... :(

Thank you. Shoddy survey but they've got my input. No streaming games from me, and I'm sure many others (seeing as so many people have ridiculous isp caps)[/QUOTE]

I know the survey is crappy. But did you just do the survey?

[quote name='pandiosity']There's not much if your trying to get just free, and even less if your gunning for steam.
If you have skyrim I'd reccomend hearthfire.
there's magicka and civ v dlc that's around 5.[/QUOTE]

thanks. And I don't plan on expecting to get much from this voucher

bread's done
Back