Gaming Backpack on Buy.com

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores.aspx?scope=cashback&FORM=R5FD1
Buy.com has 4-7% bing cashback

looks pretty cool

215080063_004.jpg

215080063_003.jpg

215080063_005.jpg

I have this one. It's pretty good but the padding is a little on the light side so don't expect you can just drop your xbox in it. Otherwise it's actually very convenient and very durable.

they were selling this at Wal-Mart for like $20, I passed on it, but I always wanted it..damn nice price and free shipping

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']I have this one. It's pretty good but the padding is a little on the light side so don't expect you can just drop your xbox in it. Otherwise it's actually very convenient and very durable.[/QUOTE]

How long have you had it Xero? I'm thinking of buying.

The backpack looks like a cool product for just $10, but I don't move my PS3 often, so I'm not the consumer they're looking for.

[quote name='rpnguyen']The backpack looks like a cool product for just $10, but I don't move my PS3 often, so I'm not the consumer they're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I try not to even look at my 360 funny, and PS3 same thing, but it might be fun to bring Rock Band to parties with this.

It's kind of amusing that they designed it so you can connect and run your 360 without taking it out of the case. Lazy gamers, lol. I won't be doing that: the 360 doesn't get turned on unless it's got a foot of air circulation around it in all directions...

Great deal. If it werent for me having a better laptop backpack that can hold a lot more than that then I would jump on it.. Yay college.

[quote name='gantt']
It's kind of amusing that they designed it so you can connect and run your 360 without taking it out of the case. Lazy gamers, lol. [/QUOTE]

Not so much "amusing" as "genius" and "useful". ;)

I cart my PS3 around from time to time, so I've wanted something like this. The G-Pak cases are top of the line, but they haven't made a PS3 one for a while (and not for the slim). Unlike this one, each G-Pak is console-specific, so it has all the vents properly aligned. You can unzip it, open it up, and leave everything strapped in while you play. No chance of overheating. And less wear and tear from unpacking and repacking your console. It's not a laziness issue in the slightest. If your console is in unfamiliar territory, it makes sense to keep it as secure and padded as possible.

[quote name='Zippon']No chance of overheating.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, many people intuitively understand the importance of conduction and convection. But it's your money; good luck.

[quote name='gantt']Fortunately, many people intuitively understand the importance of conduction and convection. But it's your money; good luck.[/QUOTE]

Your console doen't do a whole lot of heat exchange through the case wall. If that was the intention, they'd be made of aluminum, not thick plastic.

A console sitting in a case like this with the vents clear, in the middle of the floor has far better circulation than one in any kind of cabinet, even with a "foot of air circulation all around".

Perhaps you should call G-Pak (and all the other makers of 360 cases where the console stays in the bag) and explain to them that you know better, eh sport? :applause:

[quote name='Zippon']Your console doen't do a whole lot of heat exchange through the case wall. If that was the intention, they'd be made of aluminum, not thick plastic.

A console sitting in a case like this with the vents clear, in the middle of the floor has far better circulation than one in any kind of cabinet, even with a "foot of air circulation all around".

Perhaps you should call G-Pak (and all the other makers of 360 cases where the console stays in the bag) and explain to them that you know better, eh sport? :applause:[/QUOTE]

I don't keep my consoles in a cabinet. And I'm not going to tell manufacturers how to evaluate features that are a tradeoff between what's convenient for the user and what's best for the product.

Well, I got one. Out of all my consoles, my 360 is the only one I don't feel comfortable moving. (Not quite Nintendo sturdy, if you know what I mean.)

I'm planning to buy this if this have an extra space for my 11.5 x 7 x 2 inches, DVD wallet after all the necessary accessories for the 360 is put inside it?
Anyone know about this?

Thanks for this find i grabbed one for when i take my 2nd 360 to parties or what not. The price and FS really makes this a hot deal in my books.

[quote name='gantt']I don't keep my consoles in a cabinet. And I'm not going to tell manufacturers how to evaluate features that are a tradeoff between what's convenient for the user and what's best for the product.[/QUOTE]

Zippon is right though.

[quote name='eastx']Zippon is right though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. FWIW, I do agree with those who are leery of moving a 360 at all. Because of the design flaws, I have less confidence in it's durability compared to a PS3 or Wii. But overheating in this bag?--assuming the vents are clear--nah, not an issue.

Great find! I was just lamenting how to transport my beloved PS3 during an international move. One grateful gamer for this info!

[quote name='htown01']How long have you had it Xero? I'm thinking of buying.[/QUOTE]

I've had the bag for a little over a year I think and it works just fine. I'm just paranoid about the xbox overheating so when I get to where I'm going I just take it out of the bag anyways. Otherwise it's very convenient, it can hold everything including two controllers and a couple of games (I think I've fit at least 4 in one of the compartments), and I don't really have to worry about it when it's in there but I don't use the backpack straps too much just because i don't have to carry it too too far when I'm lugging it around.

Let's just say this, I'm in for another one because I have a friend who lugs his system in a grocery bag and I think he needs one or I'd just grab another for just in case. I seem to have bad luck sometimes when it comes to bags but this one has lasted pretty well so far and that's after a year straight of taking it to a friends house for LAN parties every weekend.

Edit: BTW I should note that the xbox I had (traded it in for a newer one) was an 06 refurb that didn't get red ringed while I had it. The vents are clear and you could use it in the bag but I like to have it out of it just because I'm a bit paranoid like that. Here's the one to ebay that someone mentioned earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Atlantic-Ga...tZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5191a5f9d7

bread's done
Back