Gaming Fitness Arcade Opens

slimpip

CAGiversary!
Walk through the malls and high school halls in America, and you'll quickly notice that kids in the US could use a few good workouts. A new fitness center opening this Saturday hopes to lure kids in with a combination of a "fitness arcade," traditional workout equipment, free WiFi, a study center, and a cafe.

Located in Mountain View, CA, Overtime Fitness restricts its membership to teens aged 13 through 18. "It's a first-of-its-kind fitness center because it's focused solely on teens," founder and president Patrick Ferrell told Ars Technica. "Getting kids interested in fitness has some interesting challenges which we've managed to overcome by having the right combination of electronics, fitness equipment, and a place to socialize."

For a $109 initiation fee—of which $20 goes to the athletic booster club at the member's school—and $59 per month, teens get full access to the facilities of Overtime Fitness after an orientation session. The membership includes a free session with a personal trainer along with access to the full workout area, a study center with PCs and free WiFi, and a cafe serving healthy fare. Overtime Fitness' overall price is competitive with other fitness centers in the area, most of which range between $30 and $80 per month.

Article

bikes.jpg

I'd definitely visit this place and quit the equipment I have in my apartment if there was one near here.... and if I fit the age requirement! BOOO. Otherwise, seems interesting, hopefully it will make its way across the nation.

No 3DDX mentioned for the loss! X-( Idiots. Why the fuck can't anyone put the best dance game ever made in an arcade where it would be PERFECT?

That is a good idea. Mix a gym with an arcade. :) I would sooo sign up. They should open something like that so us gamers can get buff! Just picture the future... PAX '19, all the gamers are buff and sexy looking... what happen to the old school nerds? Darn! lol

bread's done
Back