Gaming laptop help

Drabelincoln

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
Hey guys...I have a few questions...Im on a budget and I've got a baby on the way but I'd like to know what everyone thought of a purchase I was thinking about making.

Processor Processor: Intel Core 3rd Generation i7-3630QM Processor (6MB cache, up to 3.4Ghz)
Operating System Windows 8
Hard Disk Drive 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Media Bay 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW Drive)
Video Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB
Laptop Screen 17.3 Inch High Definition+ (900p) WLED Display with Truelife
Laptop Battery 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Primary Battery
Network Interface Card Intel Centrino Wireless 2230, 2x2 bgn + Bluetooth
Web Camera 1.0 MP HD Camera with MIC
Keyboard English Backlit Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad
Hardware Upgrade 125V Power Cord
130W A/C Adapter, 3P
Software Upgrade Windows 64 Bit
Windows 64 Bit

price would be 591 before tax...Im looking for something for some light gaming...maybe the secret world and some other multiplayer games while Im not at home. Let me know what you think or if you think I should wait. I'm on a limited budget with this and would get 6 months no interest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks pretty good, especially for that price. You should be able to play most games on medium to high settings. Where are you getting such a machine at that price?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Looks pretty good, especially for that price. You should be able to play most games on medium to high settings. Where are you getting such a machine at that price?[/QUOTE]

Its actually a Dell, its a scratch and dent model...which from what i read are used and returned or cancelled order items. If comes back with dna or other foreign substances on it I can return it.

Its through the dell outlet, certain laptops are 25% off the outlet price....so that one, and I did buy it came to 627 after tax

While the price seem good for what you're listing, laptops can be hard to judge based on stats alone. The HP laptop I bought online last year had decent specs, but has lots of issues that I wouldn't be able to ascertain based on a website. If possible, go to a store and check out a Dell model that is as close to the one you're considering as possible. Take note of the monitor and keyboard/touch pad. Remember that you'll be stuck with the monitor and keyboard (unlike a desktop) until you buy another laptop.

It is indeed a good laptop as well as the price however it is better to go on the store and check by yourself the model that you want to buy.

bread's done
Back