Gaming Laptop Suggestions

d3rr1ck64

CAG Veteran
Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good gaming laptop for less than $1500? I have been eyeing this guy here as it seems to offer great performance for the price point.

So beyond Asus, any other rigs that I should look at? I've checked out Alienware, Sager and the Toshiba Qosmios, and the Asus laptops seem to be the best of the bunch.

try building one at cyberpowerpc.com I already have a gaming laptop but I was just messing around and that site is pretty badass.

Thanks for the suggestion, their site was quite nice. Are they reputable at all? I'd never heard of them before.

That and their sister site ibuypower.com are practically identical, but cyberpower has terrible customer service.

They're reputable, I'll give them that. Not sure about their pricing compared to other laptop configurators.

[quote name='Firvagor']That and their sister site ibuypower.com are practically identical, but cyberpower has terrible customer service.

They're reputable, I'll give them that. Not sure about their pricing compared to other laptop configurators.[/QUOTE]

ibuypower.com I can 100% vouch for. I have a $4000 desktop and a $1300 gaming laptop (3 years old and still runs all my games, including Starcraft 2, at near max performance) from them. The equivalent cost from other websites I compared to (like Alienware or even Dell) was like 20% higher at the lowest. They are a really good deal for gaming computers and I only buy my computers from them now.

Their customer service is phenomenal as well. My desktop came with a broken DVD drive. I called them up, told them it broke, and no questions asked, they sent a new one. Also, when I first built my Desktop, apparently I put too much hardware into it and the case couldn't hold it. The owner himself called me and offered a solution and apologized. I ended up getting an upgrade to my CPU (for free) since I had to sacrifice a sound card in order to do 3 way sli with some heavy duty Nvidia Cards (GTX 285's).

Seriously, if you want a great gaming computer, use Ibuypower.com. However, if you want THE best computer out there, that's literally only available at Alienware or Falcon Northwest. I advise against that though as their exclusive tech usually gets released within months.

bread's done
Back