Gaming tattoos

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
So I have been thinking for awhile what to get as my gaming tattoo. So over at another board I frequent, someone got the most badass leg sleeve ever. EVER! It is on the main page of www.nintendorks.com It is seriously awesome. I was thinking about getting something similar. Back to the drawing board. Anyone have any cool game related tattoos they want to share?

[quote name='Kendal']So I have been thinking for awhile what to get as my gaming tattoo. So over at another board I frequent, someone got the most badass leg sleeve ever. EVER! It is on the main page of www.nintendorks.com It is seriously awesome. I was thinking about getting something similar. Back to the drawing board. Anyone have any cool game related tattoos they want to share?[/QUOTE]

That guy has a wide leg!

[quote name='mike.m']Gaming tattoos and cool do not go together. :)[/quote]

Douche bag and you were separated at birth. Just kidding. The one I posted is awesome. Cool even.

my fiancee has a Prinny from Disgaea tattooed on her ankle. we lucked out and found a superb artist that did an excellent job (Carly at Soul Survivors in Winnipeg!). with her tattoo, she actually won the Disgaea "Ultimate Fan" contest when the Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness came out.

Hey, it's your skin, but it's probably permanent. I'd say get a temporary gaming tatoo for now and sport it, asking what others think about it.

BTW, who're you trying to impress with the tatoo? Just curious.

All in all, I agree with mike.

Great color and detail.

Looks like the person needs to get Donkey Kong and Samus touched up; they're a little flat compared to the rest. It's pretty evident those were done first.

I've stayed way from tattoos as I could never decide on anything I'd want on my body permanently. If I did happen to decide to get one it certainly wouldn't be gaming related.

[quote name='option.iv']BTW, who're you trying to impress with the tatoo? Just curious.

All in all, I agree with mike.[/quote]

What? Do you read? Not my tattoo. Also, the one I have, I am not impressing anyone. Not why I got it in the first place. Who are you trying to impress with your avatar? Seriously, why would I be trying to impress anyone with a tattoo? If you are getting a tattoo to impress someone, you are going to regret it.

It seems like less is more with tattos. The huge ones might look nice at first, but as you get older, they lose color, distort, etc.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea at all, but I could see getting a discreet Kirby, or 1UP mushroom, or something like that.

I've been thinking about getting a tat of Etna from the Disgaea series.

Game related tatoos are definitely cool. Better than some lame random tribal crap, or Chinese characters that 90% of people get.

I have a Sepiroth tattoo that was done by my friend right after he got his license (tattooing). Its not completely finished, but it looks lame. I am suppose to get it redone by a better artist at the end of this summer.

Gaming tattoos are only good if it's a series that you have always loved. Basically, what Daroga said. A 1up mushroom, Kirby, etc..they have been around forever.

I don't have any and probably won't get anything..but it would be something along the lines of what he said. A small little mushroom, starman or even Peach in a go kart :lol:

[quote name='steve_k']Unless you never want to have sex with a woman again, don't do it.[/quote]

OMG s3x meanz everythingz in the world!!!!1!!!!11one

That's a very colorful tat. I bet it cost a fucking arm and a leg :lol:

But for all the hate towards video game tats, or tats in general, they are something for you, not for everyone else. But I agree that you shouldn't just get something on impulse, as you will have it forever. Tattoos have to have a meaning to them, otherwise they are wasted.

[quote name='gareman']I have a Sepiroth tattoo that was done by my friend right after he got his license (tattooing). Its not completely finished, but it looks lame. I am suppose to get it redone by a better artist at the end of this summer.[/QUOTE]

I just laughed for multiple reasons.

I feel pretty horrible.

[quote name='Tecka']OMG s3x meanz everythingz in the world!!!!1!!!!11one[/QUOTE]

It helps to be sexually appealing if you want to get married someday, and most women find it a turnoff when a guy is highly enthusiastic about video games. They think it is a sign of immaturity.

Personally, I disagree. I've never accused a girl of being immature for having tons of stuffed animals. It's a girl thing, and video games are a guy thing. It has nothing to do with maturity, but a lot of women can't be convinced of this.

I could go on and on, but it is a truth that most women do not not understand video games and find it unappealing. Keep in mind I said MOST, not ALL.

I've never liked any game enough to get something from said game permanently emblazoned onto my body.

I wonder if any people in the 70's got Foosball tattoos?

[quote name='steve_k']It helps to be sexually appealing if you want to get married someday, and most women find it a turnoff when a guy is highly enthusiastic about video games. They think it is a sign of immaturity.

Personally, I disagree. I've never accused a girl of being immature for having tons of stuffed animals. It's a girl thing, and video games are a guy thing. It has nothing to do with maturity, but a lot of women can't be convinced of this.

I could go on and on, but it is a truth that most women do not not understand video games and find it unappealing. Keep in mind I said MOST, not ALL.[/QUOTE]

Jesus tapdancing Christ I hope you're not yet 15.

But, allow me to be wrong; you're probably 25 and think this way.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm just a happily married man with no stuffed animals in his home, ample ink, and a hot-ass wife who's spent part of the last week trekking through Lego Star Wars.

And the truth is that, if a woman is making a decision to date or not date you based on video games as the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back, then it's quite clear that you're severely lacking in other areas as is.

It's not like women think "oh, he's rich, tall, dark, handsome, and successful - HOLY CRAP HE HAS XBOX WHAT A LOOOOOZER!" or, on the contrary "he's a dropout, has BO, seven children by eight different mothers - but, hey, least he ain't got a Halo tattoo."

I agree with that about 95%.

It does depend on the type of tatoo and where it is. If you have some bright ass tatoo covering your arm, that's going to turn off a lot of chicks regardless of how awesome you are otherwise--doesn't have to be video games, it just looks bad.

I'm the same way with girls. I'm fine with small tattoos, but could never date a girl with huge tattoos regardless of how hot and awesome she was other wise as it's just a huge turn off for me.

That said, their are plenty of girls out there that did tattoos, so some of the comments are going over board--to an extent. As again the giant, bright colored video game, coming book, cartoon mosaic type tattoos can't go over as easily as something more "trendy" like tribal ink etc.

A 1up mushroom, Gears COG tatoo or something less conspicuous like that shouldn't turn people away. But those giant mural fuckers linked to in this thread certainly would--just like any big, bright tattoo would regardless of the type of content.

Anyway, overall point is I agree that it's not the video game part that may scare off girls (or guys) but the color, size, placement and quality of the art.

[quote name='dmaul1114']just like any big, bright tattoo would[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly disagree with that generalization. But that's just anecdotal, not data. ;)

Still, any woman who wouldn't be interested in someone because of a tattoo isn't worth dating in the first place.

Unless it's, say, a swastika/SS tattoo, or a woman's name who isn't a child or parent. There are some things in terms of qualitative content that do matter (e.g., a werewolf with a hard-on, complete with the phrase "gots ta let 'cha nuts hang out" - an actual tattoo, by the way) - but anyone turned off by the idea of any kind of tattoo based on size or color? Ain't worth the energy necessary to tell 'em to fuck off.

I've wanted one for a while and to me it would be staying in touch with my inner-child and for nostalgia and blah blah blah. It would be better to get something small but for god sakes don't get a little mario, 1up mushroom, or power star. I've seen a ton of people with the exact same tattoo. I was in cleveland last week and i saw 3 chicks with the same fucking 1up mushroom tattoo. You would think seeing girls with gaming tattoo's would be hot but not when a bunch of "indie" chicks jump on some fucking tattoo bandwagon and make a nintendo symbol the new skull or fucking 8 ball of our generation. ew.

[quote name='steve_k']It helps to be sexually appealing if you want to get married someday, and most women find it a turnoff when a guy is highly enthusiastic about video games. They think it is a sign of immaturity.

I could go on and on, but it is a truth that most women do not not understand video games and find it unappealing. Keep in mind I said MOST, not ALL.[/quote]

You should want to go out with the girls that aren't shallow enough to not date someone based on their hobby of gaming.

But hey, if you like that type of girl, go for it. I personally like my women smart, open-minded, and hot.

[quote name='mykevermin']I wholeheartedly disagree with that generalization. But that's just anecdotal, not data. ;)

Still, any woman who wouldn't be interested in someone because of a tattoo isn't worth dating in the first place.

Unless it's, say, a swastika/SS tattoo, or a woman's name who isn't a child or parent. There are some things in terms of qualitative content that do matter (e.g., a werewolf with a hard-on, complete with the phrase "gots ta let 'cha nuts hang out" - an actual tattoo, by the way) - but anyone turned off by the idea of any kind of tattoo based on size or color? Ain't worth the energy necessary to tell 'em to fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I can't knock ladies who think that way since I hate tatoos on girls generally. Can tolerate small ones, but anything large, weird, too colorful etc. is a huge turn off.

But I'll freely admit I'm very shallow when it comes to dating, so I can't knock chicks who are similarly shallow.

I don't have any gaming tattoos myself, but my good friend has the wolf/dagger symbol from FFVIII on his leg and Iori Yagami from KoF on his arm. I think the plan was for him to get a whole KoF or SNK sleeve, but it's not yet complete.
They can look great when done by a competent artist.

I've been wanting a game tattoo for years. My wife said she'd kick me in the head if i got one....any tattoo for that matter. I just gave up.

Not sure what I'd get, though. something timeless. classic. old school nintendo, probably.

[quote name='Puffa469']I've been thinking about getting a tat of Etna from the Disgaea series.

Game related tatoos are definitely cool. Better than some lame random tribal crap, or Chinese characters that 90% of people get.[/quote]

QFT.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm not in the least into tattoos. If a guy had to have one, a clever or artistic gaming tattoo would at least be more interesting and less predictable. But why is it anytime you see someone with a gaming tattoo, they're always out of shape? yucko.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you quoted me when you said that, but I figured I'd clarify just in case: those pics aren't of me. Just some pics I saw on flickr. I don't have any tattoos (not that I'm opposed to them - my sister has a bunch).

Sorry about tht. It had nothing to do with you, Backlash. I wasn't inferring you were or weren't out of shape.

It was the pics you linked to.

[quote name='mykevermin']Still, any woman who wouldn't be interested in someone because of a tattoo isn't worth dating in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think you're over simplifying things a bit. There are many women who would be turned off by a guy who had the cast of FFIV tattooed on his back. That just screams weird nerd, and I can't blame them for being turned off. It would be the same as meeting a woman who had the cast of One Tree Hill or something tattooed on her back. It's a bad sign of someone who spends a little too much time in fantasy land.

That doesn't mean every gaming tattoo is a turn off, but if you're 25 and thinking of getting all the characters from Virtua Fighter across your shoulders and women react oddly, it isn't them being too judgmental. You're just kind of a weird person--which is fine, but start looking for a weird woman to accept that.

[quote name='elwood731']if you're 25 and thinking of getting all the characters from Virtua Fighter across your shoulders and women react oddly, it isn't them being too judgmental.[/QUOTE]

That's where we're going to disagree. It is them being judgmental, irrespective of whether it's something you agree with or not.

Hell, we're being judgmental regarding everything we examine and consider in selecting a partner. Some are important (e.g., are they alive?), some socially taboo (e.g., are they the preferred race/ethnicity?), and yet still others less so (e.g., are her knees sharp?).

I'd put "do they have a tattoo" in the third category. I don't disagree that content of the tattoo matters (I've said as much in above posts), but I also think that a tattoo of any kind can be tastefully done.

Even Spyro the Dragon.

That I'd agree with. It is of course judgmental, and like you say we're all very judgmental when it ocmes to choosing who we date. Though the guy you quoted did say it wasn't them being too judgmental, not that it wasn't judgmental at all. He just thinks it's a reasonable part of selecting who to date, and I'd agree with that. It's not being unreasonably judgmental IMO.

Everyone has their own things that they find attractive and that turns them off. Personality quicks they like, or that annoy the hell out of them etc.

Tattoos certainly fall in that type of category. I wouldn't date a girl with a lot of tattoos (or one very large one) any sooner than I'd date a fat girl, a girl I found boring or stupid etc.

929077172910.jpg

[quote name='dmaul1114']Tattoos certainly fall in that type of category. I wouldn't date a girl with a lot of tattoos (or one very large one) any sooner than I'd date a fat girl, a girl I found boring or stupid etc.[/QUOTE]

That's where we differ. I think they're fantastic except when:

1) tiny

2) dolphins and shit on the ankle

3) asshats/tramp stamps

But otherwise allright, and even appreciated.

Oh I know we differ on our thoughts on tattoos.

I was talking more about whether it's overly judgmental to reject people because of them having tattoos (or certain types of tattoos..

I don't see it as any different that rejecting someone for any appearance related turn off. It's judgmental, but so is not dating someone you think is ugly, fat, too skinny, a crappy dresser, wears too much makeup etc.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's where we're going to disagree. It is them being judgmental, irrespective of whether it's something you agree with or not.

Hell, we're being judgmental regarding everything we examine and consider in selecting a partner. Some are important (e.g., are they alive?), some socially taboo (e.g., are they the preferred race/ethnicity?), and yet still others less so (e.g., are her knees sharp?).

I'd put "do they have a tattoo" in the third category. I don't disagree that content of the tattoo matters (I've said as much in above posts), but I also think that a tattoo of any kind can be tastefully done.

Even Spyro the Dragon.[/QUOTE]

Well, please do note I said "too judgmental." Of course, anytime you decide to date someone or not you are making a judgment, that's not really up to debate. You might think they are being "too" judgmental, but I think you'd be in the minority of opinions here. Look, as I said in my example, I can never imagine dating a woman who had characters from The OC, or 90210, or some other such show on her. I wouldn't care how tastefully done they were, I would simply think she was a little odd.

I think the majority of women would react the same way to a video game tattoo. Even if you and I believe video games are not childish, most people still do. Even more if the tattoo is of Link or Mario (that despite the very nice looking one above). It's going to be a turn off for most women. It's going to signal the nerd red flag. If you're willing to deal with that, then fine, get the tattoo. But I don't think a woman is being too harsh to say she doesn't want to date (and potentially marry) a man who decorates himself with video game characters. But, that's why there's all kinds of people.

[quote name='mykevermin']

It's not like women think "oh, he's rich, tall, dark, handsome, and successful - HOLY CRAP HE HAS XBOX WHAT A LOOOOOZER!" or, on the contrary "he's a dropout, has BO, seven children by eight different mothers - but, hey, least he ain't got a Halo tattoo."[/quote]I would like to know how you can have seven children by eight different women.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I would like to know how you can have seven children by eight different women.[/quote]

You never see Maury? You should. It makes Jerry Springer look normal.

[quote name='Kendal']You never see Maury? You should. It makes Jerry Springer look normal.[/quote]
My roommates girlfriend had it on the other day and I was watching it. One guy claimed the white semen stains in his underwear was powdered donut dust....

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I would like to know how you can have seven children by eight different women.[/quote]

Two of them are lesbians who are raising your child.

Damn man, use your imagination :p.

And as far as the tattoo's effect on women - I don't see why you'd want a relationship with someone who would reject you because of your tattoo. On the other hand, if you're just trying to bang as many chicks as possible then the tattoo would probably be detrimental, so in that case you'd probably want to hold off on it.

With that said, thinking about how much sex you may or may not get before getting a tattoo you like is pretty sad in itself.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']My roommates girlfriend had it on the other day and I was watching it. One guy claimed the white semen stains in his underwear was powdered donut dust....[/quote]

That is fucking classic. I will have to use that next time. ;)

[quote name='Kendal']That is fucking classic. I will have to use that next time. ;)[/quote]

I dunno what's worse: for her to think it's semen or that you might be enjoying donuts...ya know...carnally.

[quote name='SpazX']I dunno what's worse: for her to think it's semen or that you might be enjoying donuts...ya know...carnally.[/quote]

You know the scene in Dodgeball where Ben Stiller is whacking off with pizza? Donuts have holes. It was bound to happen.

bread's done
Back