Gazelle Trade-in FAQ and Discussion Thread

RedGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Gazelle.com

As the weeks have gone by, I have noticed discussion of Gazelle.com trade-in's within the Amazon Trade-in thread. I have decided to take it upon myself to create a thread solely for the purpose of discussing Gazelle.com and posting information pertaining to it.

This post will be updated to look.. spiffier with a full-fledged FAQ within a day or two, when I find the time.

For now, I'll list some basic information about Gazelle.com.

Credit Increases:

+5% Amazon Gift Card TIV: When trading in at Gazelle.com, if you choose Amazon Gift Card as your payment method, you will receive 5% more for your trade-in's.

Promotional Codes (entered during Checkout) ALL CODES ARE ONE-USE PER ACCOUNT, DO NOT STACK:
gazellebonuscode.jpg

*Credit to no_exit for above picture.

Flipping to Gazelle

Flipping refers to buying items at one place and trading in or selling them elsewhere at a profit (however, sometimes it is done to transfer credit from one place into credit at another or pure cash.)

FAQ

Q) What is Gazelle.com?

A) Gazelle.com is a site where one can trade in items ranging from Electronics to Video Games to Cell phones.

Q) Are there TIV's any good?

A) Some of their TIV's are -very- good, some are average and, like any other trade-in site or establishment, some trade-in values are poor.

However, from my experience and from the experience of other CAG members, I'd say the TIV's are above-average. Especially when one takes into account promotional codes or the +5% Amazon Gift Card TIV. To note, they seem to match Amazon.com's trade-in values on video games. However, they lag behind by around a day or two. So if a value plummets on Amazon, you can still lock it in at Gazelle.

Q) Is Gazelle.com a reliable place to trade-in games?

A) Many members of CAG have used Gazelle for trading in un-needed items and have had good experiences.

TIMING

Q) How long do I have to send in my items?
A) You have 30 days to get your item postmarked according to Gazelle. Don’t always wait because they won’t want to continue to offer 30 days if everyone takes that long & your post office may not want to send your stuff out.

Q) What happens if I send the item after 30 days?
A) You get the TIV as of that day.

Q) How long does it take to ship to Gazelle?
A) From West Coast up to 3-8+ days, usually about 6. From East Coast about the same, though frequently a day or two faster.

Q) How long does it take them to verify the item’s condition?
A) A few days, but can take longer.

Q) How long does it take to receive Paypal/AMZ credit email after item is approved?
A) Usually 1-4 days, but can take up to 10.

Q) I submitted a game but it did not show up on gazelle or email me...
A) It can take up to 24 hours for it to show up, but it's usually less than a minute.

SHIPPING

Q) Who pays to ship to Gazelle?
A) Gazelle pays.

Q) Do they give you a box?
A) If you want one but only for orders that have ~3-6 games (forget exact amount), they will mail you a priority mail box (but they give you parcel post label…). The box will arrive in ~3 days-1.5 weeks.

Q) Why did I get an email saying I’ll get a box when I did not request one?
A) When you delete games from a large order it will then default to giving you a box. Just un-request it.

Q) Can I cancel a shipment after I get a box?
A) Yes, but don’t abuse this or face possible sanction.

Q) Does Gazelle insure your shipment?
A) They claim they do, but no one has run into this problem yet.

Q) Shipping label does not fit on box, what do I do?
A) Set your printer to print 5x8 postcard and this will work fine & fit bubble mailers.

Q) Should I open my games before sending in if they’re new?
A) Does not matter.

Q) Why was it delivered to Cockeysville instead of Hunt Valley, MD?
A) They get them shipped to both of these addresses, which are streets away from each other.

WHAT TO INCLUDE/CONDITION

Q) Do I need to send the instruction manual?
A) No, but again don’t send everything without manuals if you want this policy to stay the same.

Q) Can I print out my own cover art or use generic?
A) Yes, possibly YMMV, again don’t abuse, and try to send cover art that has UPC label that matches the UPC for the game. To check this punch the UPC into Amazon searchbox.

Q) Will they take games without UPC Label on artwork and still give you full value?
A) Yes, YMMV though, as 2 people had this work but both sent in sealed games.

Q) Can I use a generic case?
A) YMMV, again don’t abuse.

Q) How picky are they over game condition?
A) Less picky than Amazon.

MISCELLANEOUS

Q) If I reject the new TIV they give me who pays to ship it back?
A) You do.

Q) How does Amazon credit get sent?
A) You will get a redeemable code much like an Xbox Live or PSN network DLC code. You just redeem that as a gift card on Amazon.

Q) Can I cancel games that I submitted on their site?
A) Yes, you can cancel games individually without the values of the others affected.
*credit to J7.

TC Notes: Please post about your experiences with Gazelle or anything else you think should be added to this post, I'm always up for more information. I apologize for not keeping it as up to date as I should.

~Thanks, RedGamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='josh62488']anyone get the email about gazelle going to start charging?
anyone know when it takes effect?[/QUOTE]

i have no clue what your talking about

[quote name='J7.']Has anyone here actually used Gazelle in the last month?[/QUOTE]

I've actually stopped even checking TIVs there. Once the pattern emerged that Gamestop provided better values, I had to call it quits. Hopefully they'll find a happy medium at some point so I can come back.

I have a situation and could use some advice. Gazelle claims they received my trade-in but one of the two games is missing. They have given me payment for the one received. I am 100% positive I packaged both games and dropped it of at UPS. I asked them to double check. Is there anything I can do about the supposedly missing game?

I don't really know what to tell you other than to contact them which it sounds like you already did.

I was just about to post that I've had my first few trades in a long time accepted there recently. I just got Amazon credit for a trade they accepted on Jan. 3rd, and they just accepted 2 more today (the 6th).

[quote name='warfox33']I have a situation and could use some advice. Gazelle claims they received my trade-in but one of the two games is missing. They have given me payment for the one received. I am 100% positive I packaged both games and dropped it of at UPS. I asked them to double check. Is there anything I can do about the supposedly missing game?[/QUOTE]

I am dealing with this same issue right now. I sent a box of 10 games to them. I sent 5 PS3 and 5 360 games. They received all the PS3 ones and already sent the money, but they told me they did not receive the 360 games. I sent them an e-mail immediately and they told me they were working on it and would have a resolution. That was last Wednesday. I e-mailed them again yesterday, seeing as it had been one week without an answer. They told me they are still working on it. I will let you know what the results are on here, but I'm a little nervous that $105 of my games "disappeared" when they were packaged with the other 5. Never really heard this problem with Gazelle before. I've traded tons of stuff with them, so it is interesting to me that you had multiple games disappear in the same fashion mine did, and in very close time periods.

[quote name='ploppsdman']What games are you trading into them?[/QUOTE]
I traded in Shaun White Skateboarding one PS3 copy, one 360 copy. They received the 360 one but said the PS3 one was missing. I contacted Gazelle and said maybe they were confused as the PS3 one said "Best Buy exclusive edition" on it and may have had a different UPC. I am not 100% sure if it did though. Both games were new/sealed (Yes I was flipping, hate if you want to) Maybe this is karma haha.

Gazelle just sent me a status update accepting the 5 missing games. Its funny that you noted that you sent SW Skateboarding and had 360 accepted but trouble with PS3 because in my order, my PS3 SWSkate were accepted but 360 were not initially received. Both were Best Buy editions as well.

[quote name='dvdactor']Gazelle just sent me a status update accepting the 5 missing games. Its funny that you noted that you sent SW Skateboarding and had 360 accepted but trouble with PS3 because in my order, my PS3 SWSkate were accepted but 360 were not initially received. Both were Best Buy editions as well.[/QUOTE]
That is interesting. When did your package arrive at Gazelle? Also, what did you say when you contacted them about the matter? Hopefully they send me an update accepting the PS3 one soon. You have given me renewed hope.

Just got 3 Amazon gift cards from Gazelle today (Sunday) for games accepted on Thursday - not bad. It had been a while since I used Gazelle but they were as easy to use as they've always been. It's just too bad their trade-in values, for the most part, aren't very good now.

Anyone else get that email with the promo code for 10% extra on cell phones and laptops?
Hopefully a sign of good things to come... but probably not.

Just wanted to bump this thread since I've seen other threads pop up asking about Gazelle and we actually do have this "official" one.

I actually just got about $100 in Amazon credit from some video game trades. They may not have great values any more but they do have an occasional hidden gem, and they are as reliable as ever, if not a bit slower than they used to be (total time from when I mailed the games was about 16 days).

Last edited by a moderator:
i liked the checks from gazelle or the +% amazon, but they just don't have competitive tivs. if you find some gems io tell us so we can exploit and kill it. lol... wait maybe not

Sorry for the bump, but I was wondering does anyone still use Gazelle? I'm going to send them a package tomorrow, and I was wondering if they still pay as fast as they used to. When I've used them in the past they always paid me via paypal within 2-3 days of approving my trade-ins.

[quote name='rainking187']Sorry for the bump, but I was wondering does anyone still use Gazelle? I'm going to send them a package tomorrow, and I was wondering if they still pay as fast as they used to. When I've used them in the past they always paid me via paypal within 2-3 days of approving my trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Yea there quick I only use them to trade electronics not games there game tiv's are really horrible if you are trading electronics the code macbreak gets you an extra 5% i believe

bread's done
Back