GB Micro question

[quote name='parKer20']Yeah, it does. But, it doesn't come with any extra faceplates.[/quote]
I just wanted to find out if it could be changed if it got scratched, like the other models. After posting this, I remembered reading that Nintendo sells extra faceplates, and it looks like they have the Famicon style. I'm going to pick up an Anniversary GBM at Sears tomorrow. Thanks!

Awesome color choice. I've got the same. :D

I ordered an extra Famicon faceplate from Nintendo online and it came with an ejector tool, which didn't come with the anniversary micro either. Just a heads up for you.

Yeah I love my red and gold GBMicro too. I had gotten really impatient and purchased a silver (black face) GBMicro from a nearby EBGames but decided that I wanted the gold one instead so I returned it and ordered the gold one online. I am glad I did- as I love the color.

I was a little put off by the fact that the GBMicro didn't come with a faceplate changer, but was pleasantly surprised when my Famicom faceplate from Nintendo came with a changer in the bag. Not that it matters a whole lot though- as you can eject the faceplate with any small pointy object. I bought the GBMicro connector cable (so I could make my own GBM>GC link cable) and decided to throw in a spare faceplate in case my current one gets scratched.

Has anyone ever seen on ebay or wherever the "II" (Controller II, as opposed to I, which the 20th GBMicro is) version faceplate that was given out by Nintendo as an award for nintendo club members or whatever? Would be kind of neat to get the II faceplate so you could change it if you wanted. Probably is extremely expensive, however.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Has anyone ever seen on ebay or wherever the "II" (Controller II, as opposed to I, which the 20th GBMicro is) version faceplate that was given out by Nintendo as an award for nintendo club members or whatever? Would be kind of neat to get the II faceplate so you could change it if you wanted. Probably is extremely expensive, however.

Ruahrc[/quote]

Are you talking about this one?
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/644/644174p1.html

I really wanted one of those too, but I think it was only available even on Club Nintendo for a very limited time. That article is dated 8/05. I had checked on the club nintendo site around October or November of last year and it was already gone by that time. They've since phased out the Mario/Luigi/Wario style Gamecube controllers too. Shame. :cry:

that's cool that they sell replacement famicom micro faceplates. Mine has a few scratches.

yayece,

Yeah that's the one. Apparently, what you did was redeem a certain number of points and you would get a 2nd red GBMicro with the "II" faceplate. It was a complete Micro casing so it looks like a whole unit but contained no electronics so was non-functioning. That way you could display the pair in a case or something. I found a picture of it somewhere online once but can't seem to track it down anymore.

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back