GBA/DS RPG recommendations

bostonfrontier

CAG Newbie
I'm looking for some RPGs (turn-based like Golden Sun, or actiony like Legend of Zelda) for the GBA/DS.......

I don't really like strategy RPG

Please give me some recommendations and where I can get them cheap (PO is ok)

I already have:

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Lost Age
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Legend of Zleda Minish Cap
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Sword of Mana
Super Mario 64 DS

Phantasy Star Collection has the first 3 games of the Sega franchise (although I've never played it). If you find it, chances are it'll be pre-owned.

Mario & Luigi Superstar saga is loosely based on the traditional RPG structure, but it also allows you to add / reduce damage in-battle with timely button presses. Fun game, albeit not the most serious story / plot.

I think that the first 3 games in the Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest series were released on GBC, if you can find them. (I didn't think that # 3 was as good as I remembered from the franchise....but they're there if you want old-school RPGs.)

Final Fantasy IV is scheduled for a December release (if you can hold out that long).

Good Luck!

Phantasy Star Collection is one of my all time favorites & is highly recommended if you don't mind 16-bit graphics and some chore-levelling.
If you're into tactical RPGs you got a whole slew of great titles on the GBA including Shining Force, FFTA, Fire Emblems, and I think Rebel Star has RPG elements. I've got a good friend who loves Sigma Star Saga, if you want a bizarre RPG shooter hybrid.
There's also the Shining Soul games if you want actiony. I had SSII and liked it somewhat. River City Ransom Advance is a fun brawler hybrid with RPG elements, and there's always the Castlevania titles (nuff said there methinks)

bread's done
Back