GBA Mario Golf at Best Buy on 6/23/04?

mick16

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is going to be the case nationally, but I went to Best Buy on my lunch break and they didn't have any copies out for sale. I flagged down a salesperson and asked her where the game was and she went into their inventory system and it indicated that the game wasn't available for sale until tomorrow. I showed her the weekly ad that said available for Wednesday but she just blamed corporate.

Anybody find this game at Best Buy today? I saw it at Target afterwards, but would rather get it at Best Buy for $20 after the GGC.

I went to mine today looking for it. They didn't have it either (this was around 11am or so). I'll check back tomorrow.

I went to Best Buy in Addison, IL and they didn't have it. I plan to go to Best Buy in Schaumburg, IL after work and hopefully I can snag Mario Golf there :)

I really wanted to stop on my way home, but if they are not going to have it, I'll skip it. Off to the phones for me....

my best buy usually gets really anticipated titles on the day of release (tuesdays)

but if not, mine gets the titles on thursday usually

For some reason, Nintendo releases their games on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. At least that seems to be the case for a lot of the recent releases.

[quote name='jer7583']I got it today in milwaukee at best buy. $21 after GGC[/quote]

Do you think they have it at the Waukesha area Best Buy? And is it worth the $20?

[quote name='slowspud']i was just wondering what GGC means, cause i want to get the game for 20 bucks also[/quote]

Hold your mouse over underlined acronyms and a box will come up telling you what it means.
GGC = gift card w/ $5 off game $19.99 and up coupon attached.

In regards to this game being fun, I haven't had an opportunity to play it yet but the GBC Mario Golf was one of the best games for the system. even if you're not a big fan of golf, Mario Golf still offers enough fun.

I prefer buying this game from CC where i got the game + an SP case for $24.99. If you are wondering what kind of case I got, I got the SP glove! :)

When I checkout at CC, this is what it shows on the receipt:
1. Mario Golf Advance Tour $17.00
2. SP case $7.99

So you can get any case at $7.99 (my SP glove is $14.99, but the guy let me have it!) :)

[quote name='btantra']I prefer buying this game from CC where i got the game + an SP case for $24.99. If you are wondering what kind of case I got, I got the SP glove! :)

When I checkout at CC, this is what it shows on the receipt:
1. Mario Golf Advance Tour $17.00
2. SP case $7.99

So you can get any case at $7.99 (my SP glove is $14.99, but the guy let me have it!) :)[/quote]
Is that YMMV? Or is it available Nationwide?

I got mine from BB on Tuesday.

Still plenty of GGCs on the shelves and the clerk didn't skip a beat when I paid for the game with the card and coupon I purchased seconds previously.

I went to the BB up in Schaumburg, IL last night after work. They didn't have any Mario Golf on display, so I asked one of the employees and he checked in the back. Sure enough, they had a ton of them waiting in the back that just never got brought out yet, so I snagged one when he brought the box of them out.

Great game so far! I really enjoy the RPG elements of it.

bread's done
Back