GBA Rally Racer Racing Wheel for $0.99 at Best Buy

Liontamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I don't know if this applies to all Best Buys, but I found the Rally Racer Racing Wheel controller for GBA for 99 cents at one near me. I'm not sure if it's any good, but for 99 cents I gave it a shot.

[quote name='Wario64']A Racing Wheel controller for GBA? Is there a pic of that somewhere?[/quote]

Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw the post, "huh?". I believe it is something like this.

Last time I checked, this didn't work with SP's. So be careful if you have an SP.

I saw it at Gamestop for $2.99. It looked a little weird but if I see it for $0.99 at Best Buy, I'll pick it up just to try it once and see how it really works.

I can't wait until they release a full-sized lightgun for the GBA SP. With a wide enough beam, you'll never miss a shot!

[quote name='hurtmypony']I can't wait until they release a full-sized lightgun for the GBA SP. With a wide enough beam, you'll never miss a shot![/quote]

Lol, nice. I'm looking forward to the Hori fighting stick, myself.

I picked this up today for $0.99. The GBA snaps into the center of the wheel. However, when you steer, it triggers these pushers to push the D-Pad left or right so you turn as you steer. Same thing with the A and B buttons.

I have Dance Dance Revolution for Gameboy Color with a snap on dance pad that fits over the Gameboy Color and basically does the same thing. When you press up on the dance pad, a trigger pushes up on the D-Pad.

The reason I am mentioning that is because after playing Dance Dance Revolution a lot on my Gameboy Color, it really wore down both the D-Pad and A and B buttons because of the stress the triggers from the dance pad put on the D-Pad and buttons.

I suspect the same thing will happen with this GBA steering wheel where if you use it a lot, it will wear down both the D-Pad and A and B buttons from the triggers putting stress on the D-Pad and buttons.

I ended up using the steering wheel for 1 lap of a race and then decided I don't want to ruin my GBA so I stopped using it. It did seem to work ok but it wasn't worth it to me to use it, even if it did only cost $0.99

lol, I had no idea this even existed...for a buck, its worth trying out for sure. Thanks for the heads up man.

bread's done
Back