GBA SP Bundles at Best Buy B&M YMMV

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I saw these at the Beavercreek, OH Best Buy today.

Cobalt GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission + Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - $99.99

Platinum GBA SP + Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - $89.99

Platinum GBA SP + Pac-Man Pinball + Midnight Club: Street Racing - $99.99 (avaiable online here)

The first two look like great deals, but the last one isn't as impressive.

i was browsing the mario & luigi bundle and read that it only includes the "cart"...so it might just be the game stuck in the game slot...i'm not sure though

[quote name='swetooth9']i was browsing the mario & luigi bundle and read that it only includes the "cart"...so it might just be the game stuck in the game slot...i'm not sure though[/QUOTE]
From what I could tell, they didn't include the boxes with the games. The package was only big enough to hold the GBA SP package. I'm not sure what all it includes. There was a M&L bundle listed on Amazon that says it includes a link cable, but I didn't see any evidence of that in the store, but I didn't look over it for more than a minute, so I could have missed it.

I got the one with MZM and FFT, and it did not come with the boxes (as someone else mentioned, it is pretty hard to tell how the boxes COULD fit inside - it just comes in the normal GBASP packaging), but it did come with the manuals. And neither one was in the slot; they were both in the little plastic sleeves that they normally come in.
EDIT: It's a great deal in my opinion (partly because I couldn't find MZM at TRU), and though I like having the boxes, my drawer of boxes is starting to get a little low on space, so not having boxes actually seemed like somewhat of a good thing...

The cobalt bundle is surely worth it with 2 great games for only $20 more. I wonder if there is other bundles coming around the time the "gb micro" release.

when i got my gold SP with mario 3 it did not come with a box. it was, like someone else said, in a plastic sleeve. and it included manual and an e-reader card.

That's how they used to be packaged most of the time back in the day when a game packaged with a console was the norm instead of an oddity.

[quote name='jmon22']Woah, thats my Best Buy. Anything else deal-worthy??[/QUOTE]
Nothing that I remember except Splinter Cell: CT for $20. I know a lot of the guys who work at that store, so I try to make sure they keep me up on deals and promos there. Do you know any other good local deals? Maybe we should start a Southwestern Ohio thread in the Deals Discussion forum.

bread's done
Back