GBA SP manufacturer's defect

edwardchu_333

CAGiversary!
I just realized that the new brighter line of gameboy advance sp's seem to be poorly manufactured. If you look at the graphite sp in both images there is a little dent between the directional pad and the a/b button. After purchasing the a graphit sp I noticed the same dent on my sp. Can anyone confirm whether they have a dent or not on their sp? Also does anyone know if there is a dent on the pearl blue and/ or pearl pink version of the new brighter sp?

167503034_b091546251_b.jpg

96603129_9e01162f9f_o.jpg

(pictures belong to their respective owners on flickr)

My less-bright SP is perfect, though I did have to exchange the first one I got which had sticky buttons and dead pixels. I see the "dent" you're talking about on the SP, but I doubt it's a widespread problem.

prolly from how the plastic's molded or its a screw post. On the backside of that dent is the label with serial numbers and junk IIRC. remove that label I bet theres a screw.

I see the dent, but I don't think thats happening to all SPs, especially not the newer, brighter ones.

The quality of both SP versions seem exactly the same to me, aside from the fact that the newer one is brighter. Hehe.

bread's done
Back