GBA SP rarity limited edition question?

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I am thinking of picking up another SP. I was wondering if anyone knew which colors or editions are the most difficult to find? I've got my eye on a NES version, but I just want a unique version of the GBA SP. Anyone know which versions that would be. I don't care about future monetary value or rarity in that sense, just rarity in the quantity sense.

I don't think any of them will really be rare but if I were hard pressed to pick one that is truly a limited edition it would be the NES. You don't see it hardly at all anymore.

Edit- Wow, I'm surprised. On ebay there are some going as high as between 90 to over 100.

[quote name='argyle']The NES is definitely the coolest looking one imo, whatever its rarity is. ;)[/quote]

Oh I beg to differ. I feel like I'm starting up my old NES every time I play it. With better graphics and minus the whole blowing into the bottom of the cartridge.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='argyle']The NES is definitely the coolest looking one imo, whatever its rarity is. ;)[/quote]

Oh I beg to differ. I feel like I'm starting up my old NES every time I play it. With better graphics and minus the whole blowing into the bottom of the cartridge.[/quote]

So...how are you differing? You don't have fond NES memories?

I'd personally say that the lime green SP from Target is the rarest of the US SP's/ I even like the color to boot. Just my two cents.l

i don't know if this is your sort of thing, but Nintendo put out a couple limited pokemon editions of it, one was Torchic, i can't remember what the other one was. the only way to find them now is eBay.

Most rarest? The gold SP. Let's see if you can find that. You can win one I believe a while ago where you had to buy a Zelda? game and if you find a golden ticket, you win! Think of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I believe there are only 10 in existance.

sp-poke3.jpg

I don't know about production numbers for the other "limited" editions, but the Torchic Orange edition was supposedly limited to just 2000 peices worldwide.

(I've got a brand new/mint/unopened one. PM if interested. --Thanks to liksang for the pic)

Yeah, I know the green target ones are rare (didn't they come with DK game?), and then there's that ugly-ass green/orange one (UGLY!!).
And also the limited Onyx/silver one from about a year ago...

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='argyle']The NES is definitely the coolest looking one imo, whatever its rarity is. ;)[/quote]

Oh I beg to differ. I feel like I'm starting up my old NES every time I play it. With better graphics and minus the whole blowing into the bottom of the cartridge.[/quote]

So...how are you differing? You don't have fond NES memories?[/quote]

I misread his post. I thought he said it wasn't the coolest looking one.

I saw Boktai colored GBA on ebay, colored black and red.

I didnt bid, but it ended around $90 and came with some games.

that one look awesom.

Thanks for the input. I knew that there were many of them...which to get. It's a dilemma. I love the GBA-era of portable games. I don't know whether to start huntin, or to wait until the DS era starts moving. Anyhow, keep the input and advice rolling in.

There are actually a boatload of different rare ones. For awhile I was looking up all the different ones. There is a yellow Donkey Kong one that was given out only as a prize in Japan. The Lime Green one is hard to find now. Best Buy just had a limited edition Surf Blue one. I love the SP if I could I would have everyone single one. Well Except maybe for the tattoo one. That one is dumb looking.

There is a really rare Zelda gold one that isn't even in stores. You can import it or enter Nintendo Power's contest.

Some rare ones that have come out in the US are Gold w/ SMB3, Lime Green w/DKC, Pearl White w/Metroid ZM, Surf Blue, NES, Dual Tone Onyx/Platinum, Dual Tone Lime/Orange, Tribal, and Graffitti. I personally like Surf Blue the best.

[quote name='organicow']And also the limited Onyx/silver one from about a year ago...[/quote]

i saw one of those about three days ago at a BestBuy.

Didn't TRU sell one that was exclusive to them? I remember my brother telling me about it cause they were getting one for his daughter. It was two-toned.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Didn't TRU sell one that was exclusive to them? I remember my brother telling me about it cause they were getting one for his daughter. It was two-toned.[/quote]
The TRU one was green on top and orange on bottom or vice versa. Looked kinda weird to me...

Wasn't that released around the time Shrek 2 came out? That's what first came to mind when I saw those at TRU. It was pretty nasty/obnoxious looking in person.

Has anyone seen the wierd tattoo edition? I saw one in NC during my vacation and I was really puzzled to why they released it.

bread's done
Back