GC Owner looking for must own games.....

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Nothing hard or aggrivating, I cant stand games like that. I also have a thing against limited saves, that was part of the problem with Metroid Prime and why I stopped playing it. Some games it works others it doesnt. Below is what I own and what I want to get so that narrows it down. To help : I like RPG's and action games not much of a racing game fan. Fighting games are 50/50 with me it depends I guess.

I own : Godzilla DAMM : Melee,
StarFox,
Metroid Prime,
Mortal Kombat,
Eternal Darkness,
SSBM,

I want to get : (updated)
Prince of Persia
SoulCalibur 2
Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker
Beyond Good and Evil
Animal Crossing
Skies of Arcadia
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
SuperMonkeyBall 2
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
F-Zero GX
Time Splitters
Tales of Symphonia
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Pikmin
Gladius
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
The Hobbit
Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms 2
(mostly added some because they scored good, most are gonna be rent first but if you own it and dont like it or do tell me :wink: )

Well, since you're a fan of RPG's, you might want to consider taking a look at the new Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Splinter Cell is also a great game, and if you like Mario, there's Mario Sunshine and his racing game Toadstool Tour, I believe. Mario Tennis should be coming soon, as well as another Splinter Cell, another Metroid, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, and a lot more!

You'll want to stock up on memory cards. :)

Yea those are 2 of the ones I forgot RE and SC2 I'll add them, I rented Mario Sunshine its a maybe game if I can get it cheap, I have Splinter Cell for my PC :D .....DenisDFat.....what did I do to you? :roll: Was I crying about it? Its only that I'm playing a game, I want to have fun thats the point, challenge is ok but not hard, I dotn need to get fustrated when I'm trying to relax ok....and about animal crossing I cant seem to find it anywhere cheap, I'd rather rent it first I heard mixed reviews about it.

[quote name='DenisDFat']the crybaby would probably cry about VJ being too hard[/quote]

quit acting like you are so superior to everyone

Beyond Good and Evil - I can't emphasize enough how good this game is. You seem to enjoy adventure games, this game is everything a game like Star Fox Adventures should have been. The game is constantly changing, one minute you are fighting, the next taking pictures, then racing a hovercraft, all done very well. Great involving story that compliments the action, not hindering it with long cgi cutscenes. You can get it for 14.99 at Best Buy with the Gamers gift card, and its a steal at that price.

P.S. Ignore DennisDFat, he is a troll who hates anything non-2d.

Dude, dont sweat the PhantomDenis, he's just here to haunt the place.

At the time I was typing this I wwas the first person to suggest Beyond Good & Evil.(assuming you dont have it for another system) but now I guess this is an edit so that I can agree with the ones that posted before I hit submit!

Super monkeyball 1 or 2 is kinda fun.

RE has never been too dificult with saving, you get plenty of ink ribbons the trick is not to use many to get a high rank at the end.

VJ is mad fun, hard or not.

...oh! and I echo the Luigi's Mansion suggestion, it kina reminds me of the Genesis Ghostbusters game.

I really can't stress the fun factor of Animal Crossing. Its one of those games you play atleast an hour a day when you've got a stack of games to play.

Wind Waker is good. RE is as well. I know its sorta average, but I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion a great deal.

You may enjoy REmake and RE0. There are lots of opportunities for saves. I would hold off on FF: CC unless you are a fan of the series. You need to play with at least 1 or 2 others and everyone would also need a GBA to bring out the best this game has to offer (no offense to you FF fans, but I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one). If you are a RPG fan you may want to check out Skies of Arcadia as many believe this is the best RPG currently on the Cube.

PS: The ignore button was made to deal with people like FatDenis.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I also have a thing against limited saves, that was part of the problem with Metroid Prime and why I stopped playing it. [/quote]

huh? Metroid Prime did not have limited saves :?: :?:

Oh, get Prince of Persia - best game I've played in a long time!

[quote name='johnnyoski']
PS: The ignore button was made to deal with people like FatDenis.[/quote]

There's an ignore button? where? where?! :)

I really enjoyed animal crossing. I also recommend: Lost Kingdom 1 and 2, and Mario Kart racing. Kirby's air ride is pretty fun too.

Must own Gamecube games:

Prince of Persia
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Collection
Splinter Cell
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Resident Evil (remake)
Metroid Prime
Viewtiful Joe
Skies of Arcadia
Beyond Good and Evil

It is an incomplete list of must owns but I am short on time. Know that this list is not in any particular order. I just listed each title as I thought of it. Perhaps later today I will finish out this list but I must get off to work now.

What I meant by limited saves in MP was that you had to find a save point to save you cant just save here and there and anywhere like eternal darkness, I like to try everything and that leads to death a lot so when I cant save anywhere that limits me :? FF:CC has a few problems with me, I dont have a GBA nor 3 other ppl to play it with so....yea. MGS:TS is a get for me since I bought MGS2 for the pc when it came out and I always hear the first is better. Thanks to everyone that offered their feedback/opinions/choices etc :D

I know you said you aren't really a racing game fan, but since you like action games, you might want to try Crazy Taxi or Simpson's Road Rage. They're not masterpieces, but they're cheap and can offer a quick gaming fix.

I would recommend Burnout 2, especially at it's reduced price of $19.99. It's incredibly addictive and very accesable to play. My other personal favorites include Metroid Prime, SSX 3, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II, Tony Hawk's Underground, Viewtiful Joe, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Monkey Ball 2, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, and R: Racing Evolution (I ended up liking the game a lot more than the critics did).

But it's really hard to figure out what one person would like. I would recommend everything I just mentioned above, but just because I really liked those games doesn't mean you will. If you can, rent some games that you're cautious or thinking about buying to see if you really want it.

I am a new GC owner, but currently own most of the games mentioned as the best games. The only game that I am addicted to is Wind Waker. So I would recommend that one.

bread's done
Back