GC trade-in heads up!

xistence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Don't know if this is posted in the right place, however, since we all either own Wii's or are going to own a Wii, we most likely have no use for our GC's.

I don't know if this is a local deal (Jacksonville, FL) or if EB just screwed up, but I went to trade in my 'Cube a few days ago after hearing about that $20 bonus.

I traded it in (kept my other controllers and games obviously) and mentioned about that $20 deal. Thought I was only going to receive $45 in credit, since it's $25 for the 'Cube and $20 on top, but they gave me $65 in credit (keep in mind they only sell them for $60 used and I only paid $70 used a while back for one).

Seems like a) the $20 was either already on the trade in and they gave me the $20 again or b) there is a super high demand for GC's, which I highly doubt.

Basically, when you are trading in the 'Cube, mention the deal and see what they do. If they aren't well-versed in what's supposed to happen, they might give you $20 on top ;)

Ended up snagging Trauma Center, a controller skin, and decided to get their Game Informer/Discount card subscription (that they only charged me $10 for; worth it for a game magazine subscription alone IMO), and pre-ordered Metal Slug. Credit well spent. :applause:

So you got an extra $20 in trade-in through an employee screwup? Congrats! Hardly a 'heads up". My Wal-Mart once gave me an extra $10 back in change...YMMV!

[quote name='gizmogc']So you got an extra $20 in trade-in through an employee screwup? Congrats! Hardly a 'heads up". My Wal-Mart once gave me an extra $10 back in change...YMMV![/quote]

I was by the "self checkout" lanes at Meijer and found $20 that somebody had dropped on the floor. Probably YMMV too though.

[quote name='drfunk85']I was by the "self checkout" lanes at Meijer and found $20 that somebody had dropped on the floor. Probably YMMV too though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I heard about the $20 on the floor deal, but we don't have any Meijers around here. Lame.

[quote name='gizmogc']What the fuck is a 'Meijers'? How do you even pronounce it?[/quote]
MeijerLogo.gif

A grocery and department store located in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. Pronounced, "My-yers".

[quote name='MisterModest']
MeijerLogo.gif

A grocery and department store located in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. Pronounced, "My-yers".[/QUOTE]

Pronounced My-yer. No s. There is no s on Meijer. It is not Meijers. It is Meijer.

;)

[quote name='jezebelseven']Pronounced My-yer. No s. There is no s on Meijer. It is not Meijers. It is Meijer.

;)[/QUOTE]
People always put an "s" on it. I always correct them.

[quote name='xistence']Don't know if this is posted in the right place, however, since we all either own Wii's or are going to own a Wii, we most likely have no use for our GC's.

I don't know if this is a local deal (Jacksonville, FL) or if EB just screwed up, but I went to trade in my 'Cube a few days ago after hearing about that $20 bonus.

I traded it in (kept my other controllers and games obviously) and mentioned about that $20 deal. Thought I was only going to receive $45 in credit, since it's $25 for the 'Cube and $20 on top, but they gave me $65 in credit (keep in mind they only sell them for $60 used and I only paid $70 used a while back for one).

Seems like a) the $20 was either already on the trade in and they gave me the $20 again or b) there is a super high demand for GC's, which I highly doubt.

Basically, when you are trading in the 'Cube, mention the deal and see what they do. If they aren't well-versed in what's supposed to happen, they might give you $20 on top ;)

Ended up snagging Trauma Center, a controller skin, and decided to get their Game Informer/Discount card subscription (that they only charged me $10 for; worth it for a game magazine subscription alone IMO), and pre-ordered Metal Slug. Credit well spent. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You got lucky! Congrats! I traded mine in today and only got $45. I also had the GC broadband adapter and the trade in value was only $1!!! I declined to trade that in since it's going for $10+ on ebay

[quote name='jezebelseven']Pronounced My-yer. No s. There is no s on Meijer. It is not Meijers. It is Meijer.

;)[/quote]
Sounds better with the "s".

[quote name='BIG5']People always put an "s" on it. I always correct them.[/quote]

I do the same thing...and the other big one is when people say Kroger's. I cringe everytime i hear it.

[quote name='BIG5']People always put an "s" on it. I always correct them.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing with the grocery store around here, "Haggen". Drives me crazy that everyone pronounces it "Haggens".

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I do the same thing with the grocery store around here, "Haggen". Drives me crazy that everyone pronounces it "Haggens".[/QUOTE]

All of my local grocery stores ends with an S. AlbertonS, VonS, RalphS...odd.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Oh, I heard about the $20 on the floor deal, but we don't have any Meijers around here. Lame.[/QUOTE] the $20 deal happened at six flags for me when i was about 13. Definety YMMV there, since it was almost a decade ago.

I got $74 for my Cube when I traded it in yesterday. I put more details in the "Shopping/Bragging Rights" Forum if you wanna read/comment about that.. :)

Edit: [thread=118393]This One[/thread]

bread's done
Back