Free Gears of War 2 (or $10 LE) when you order the Amazon GOW2 Lancer
Free $10 gift card with Regular edition

Best Buy

Free RC Tank with Gears of War 2 Limited Edition

Circuit Ctiy

Free XBL 1600 point card with Regular and Limited Edition

Costco
Xbox 360 Pro Console Bundle $390 [hiddenlist]

• Xbox 360 Pro 60GB version (comes with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda)
  • 12 month XBL Gold membership
  • Extra Wireless Controller
  • Your choice of Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty: World At War
  • Voucher for 3 free XBLA Downloads (PacMan CE, Poker Smash, and Catan)
[/hiddenlist]

Newegg.com
Regular edition $53.99 - Limited Edition $66.99

Toys R Us

Free $15 gift card (Regular and Limited Editions?)

Walmart

Free $10 gift card with Regular and Limited Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamehead']I wish they would do instore pickup, so I won't have to wake up early to get it.[/quote]

Circuit City has a in-store pickup...

[quote name='el swordo']well im going to get it at circuit city. will gamestop give me my $60 in cash back? if they only give me credit im getting lbp[/quote]

from my experience they wont give you cash back .. only credit ... which almost borders theft

[quote name='svt1029']from my experience they wont give you cash back .. only credit ... which almost borders theft[/QUOTE]

You can get your cash back or a refund on your CC if you haven't picked up or opened the game.

Is the Amazon release date delivery some new thing they are doing now for games? I got both this and Left 4 Dead with release day shipping only around $6. Which is about half the cost of overnight (essentially the same thing) for some reason.

[quote name='svt1029']from my experience they wont give you cash back .. only credit ... which almost borders theft[/QUOTE]

Really? I was going to cancel my order to get it at bb or cc, but I can't spend any more money in games right now, how is that possible???

I just called my local TRU in Tustin, California and they said they have around 60 copies. I then called my CC and they said they have around 50. Both these stores are within 3 min of each other so I'm going to try my luck with both. I know this is very blatant, but do you think they'd sell out by around 3:30 PM if they both open at around 8:00 AM?

most major games you can usually just walk in and get them anytime. i have tommorow off and am an early riser so i'll be at cc at 10am on the head so i'm sure to get one. hope they don't bait and switch me and not have any ms points in

El swordo is right, major game releases like GOW2 will have tons of copies for day one. Many major holiday games will actually start sending out copies to retailers almost a full month in advance. I can remember when I worked at gamestop we would get something like 4 copies of a major game yet to be released every couple days until we had 40 or so copies for day one. It's not impossible for a game of this size to sell out at a single store but somebody in your local area will have it in stock. Preorders are really only needed when games have a limited amount of copies produced but yet have a dedicated but small fan base. A good example is many JRPGs that may have a fan base of say 200,000 but the game company only sends out 100,000 on day one for it's release and then they slowly fill the retail chain with copies as needed. This way they avoid making to many copies and loosing money. Where GOW2 will sell 4-5 million copies in 6 months to a year for sure and so MSoft doesn't have to worry about making to many copies. The other time preorders can come in handy is when a developer is running behind and instead of delaying the game a month they simply ship it out with less copies because they didn't have time to make more. This happens often when a certain date has been used in ads and they don't want to confuse the consumer. The third reason to reserve is if it's a major Nintendo title!!!! Nintendo does things there own way and at times it bites them in the *** and other times it causes a craze like Pokemon.

Hey All!

I just went to my local BB and asked if they would PM CC's offer, and the HML (Hot Manager Lady) said they would!!

Also, I asked the CC people what would happen if they ran out of Point Cards, and the guy said they would special order them. Hope this info helps.

[quote name='hoofrog']Shipped from Gamefly today... $44.99 keep it - my $5 rewards certificate = $40 fun for me.[/quote]

mine shipped today from Gamefly as well, but the keep it price is $49.99. u sure yours is 44.99 b4 the $5 reward?

don't forget to factor in your 5% discount and tax.

[quote name='KillaHoe']Circuit City has a in-store pickup...[/QUOTE]

I know they have it, but you can't order gears online and pick it up in the store now.

So to get the $10 Wal Mart gift card do you have to preorder it like it says on the website, or can I just go in at midnight and pick it up and get the GC?

Thanks

Register did not prompt the clerk at Wal Mart to do a $10 gift card, the manager said it was online only.

Just FYI.

[quote name='Police']Will BB match the TRU $15 gift card? And if I buy it tomorrow will I still get a gift card?[/QUOTE]

i hope so, i'm definitely gonna try it tomorrow. the picture in the tru ad is for the limited edition version for 59.99. so i'm gonna try to get the limited edition version for 59.99, then try to get the 15 dollar gift card on top of that, AND try to get the RC tank too. idk seems like it's way to big of a discount to pull off.

[quote name='Prock']i hope so, i'm definitely gonna try it tomorrow. the picture in the tru ad is for the limited edition version for 59.99. so i'm gonna try to get the limited edition version for 59.99, then try to get the 15 dollar gift card on top of that, AND try to get the RC tank too. idk seems like it's way to big of a discount to pull off.[/QUOTE]

If you go to bestbuy.com the INSTORE price matching policy says they will price match giftcards, but instore signage says no. I got them to honor it on a deal with Resistance 2 last night but they insisted they don't price match giftcards, so I said that yes they did, and showed them their own policy online that I had printed out. It was easier for them to just take the 10 bucks off, and that was fine for me.

I am gonna do the same today for Gears of War 2. Man the money just keeps flying out of my wallet. =(

[quote name='blah29']If you go to bestbuy.com the INSTORE price matching policy says they will price match giftcards, but instore signage says no. I got them to honor it on a deal with Resistance 2 last night but they insisted they don't price match giftcards, so I said that yes they did, and showed them their own policy online that I had printed out. It was easier for them to just take the 10 bucks off, and that was fine for me.

I am gonna do the same today for Gears of War 2. Man the money just keeps flying out of my wallet. =([/quote]

What page did you print out that says they match gift cards?

Would the 1600point card be in the same ballpark as a gift card?They aren't the same in my eyes and I don't know their policy on "free" item pricematches........hope they do match

Bought a copy of GOW2 this morning at Toy R Us in Brooklyn, NY Caesar's Bay. The Gift-card CAN BE USED FOR THE PURCHASE OF GOW2. I saw several customers in front of me get the discount applied automatically. I opted for the card instead. This is very YMMV. Also I bought the Regular Copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowgear26']Would the 1600point card be in the same ballpark as a gift card?They aren't the same in my eyes and I don't know their policy on "free" item pricematches........hope they do match[/quote]
They price matched the point card for me just now. Wouldn't combine it with the tank though :(

I ordered the LE + Lancer bundle from Amazon with Release Day shipping for the game. I woke up this morning to check the shipping status for the game and got this message "THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE DESTINATION LOCATION / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE." Thanks UPS orz

If anyone of you still has the original 3 games (unopened) from the b2g1 free deal from a few weeks ago, I would strongly suggest trying to swap them for 3 new games. I just came back from the TRU in Eatontown, NJ and was able to exchange the three games for Gears 2, Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3, AND I got the $15 gift card on top of it for picking up Gears 2. $40 for each of these games, you can't beat that deal. FYI the clerk told me the gift card is only valid till Dec 31 for some reason, since it's part of the deal this week. Good luck to all who will try this.

Has anyone tried to PM best buy w/the TRU ad? I saw a pic of the TRU ad and it clearly does show the LE in the picture for $59.99.

Just wondering how that went and also if the $15 giftcard was also PM'ed.

[quote name='generalpatton71']El swordo is right, major game releases like GOW2 will have tons of copies for day one. Many major holiday games will actually start sending out copies to retailers almost a full month in advance. I can remember when I worked at gamestop we would get something like 4 copies of a major game yet to be released every couple days until we had 40 or so copies for day one. It's not impossible for a game of this size to sell out at a single store but somebody in your local area will have it in stock. Preorders are really only needed when games have a limited amount of copies produced but yet have a dedicated but small fan base. A good example is many JRPGs that may have a fan base of say 200,000 but the game company only sends out 100,000 on day one for it's release and then they slowly fill the retail chain with copies as needed. This way they avoid making to many copies and loosing money. Where GOW2 will sell 4-5 million copies in 6 months to a year for sure and so MSoft doesn't have to worry about making to many copies. The other time preorders can come in handy is when a developer is running behind and instead of delaying the game a month they simply ship it out with less copies because they didn't have time to make more. This happens often when a certain date has been used in ads and they don't want to confuse the consumer. The third reason to reserve is if it's a major Nintendo title!!!! Nintendo does things there own way and at times it bites them in the *** and other times it causes a craze like Pokemon.[/quote]

The thing is, although I think that I will probably be able to get a copy from one of these 2 stores. I don't want either one to have run out of the promo items they're giving. Based off of what I have read in these forums, they tend to have many more copies than promo items ($15 GC, 1600 pt card).

IDK if anyone else has experienced this but the Circuit City at Crossroads in Cary, NC is selling GOW 2 at a $20 discount because they don't have any point cards in stock. Walked out beaming, having payed only $17 because I had a $25 gift card. They had at least 20 or so copies of the game in stock, and you can choose b/t regular & collector's edition even if you haven't reserved it.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']IDK if anyone else has experienced this but the Circuit City at Crossroads in Cary, NC is selling GOW 2 at a $20 discount because they don't have any point cards in stock. Walked out beaming, having payed only $17 because I had a $25 gift card. They had at least 20 or so copies of the game in stock, and you can choose b/t regular & collector's edition even if you haven't reserved it.[/quote]

I would have liked that a lot more than the tank I got from BB lol

[quote name='Cheadyp']What page did you print out that says they match gift cards?[/QUOTE]

here is the link to the "instore price guarantee"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=cat12098&entryURLType=&categoryId=cat10011&type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460
"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']IDK if anyone else has experienced this but the Circuit City at Crossroads in Cary, NC is selling GOW 2 at a $20 discount because they don't have any point cards in stock. Walked out beaming, having payed only $17 because I had a $25 gift card. They had at least 20 or so copies of the game in stock, and you can choose b/t regular & collector's edition even if you haven't reserved it.[/QUOTE]

Nice. My CC started their closing sale this week so I doubt they'd do it.

I arrived at the Quail Springs store in Oklahoma City when it opened at 10:00am. I went straight to the video game section and saw ONE 1600 points card so I grabbed it and then started looking for the game. I finally asked the sales guy and he said the game was up front at Customer Service. There was a line of about 7 people there. A lady in line asked if any points cards were left and the customer service lady said "no". At that point 3 people left. When I got to the counter, she said "oh, you found the last one". Everyone else in line was pretty upset. I don't blame them. This was five minutes after the store opened.

Just called my local CC. They said they have plenty of copies of the game but the 1600 point cards won't be in till at least noon. They did say if I keep the reciept they'll honor the free cards as soon as they get them in stock. I'm going during lunch so we'll see...

[quote name='lawl']They price matched the point card for me just now. Wouldn't combine it with the tank though :([/QUOTE]

excellent.....will do that at lunch

Thanks

Picked up Gow2 with gift card at TRU. Apparently, there was a lot of inquiries regarding preorders. She asked myself and another customer if we preordered and we both said no. She was hesitant at first to sell the games but she got the ok from the manager to sell me the game.

[quote name='gaelan']mine shipped today from Gamefly as well, but the keep it price is $49.99. u sure yours is 44.99 b4 the $5 reward?

don't forget to factor in your 5% discount and tax.[/QUOTE]

Once you have been a member for 6 months your discount goes to 10%

[quote name='ivanctorres']Picked up Gow2 with gift card at TRU. Apparently, there was a lot of inquiries regarding preorders. She asked myself and another customer if we preordered and we both said no. She was hesitant at first to sell the games but she got the ok from the manager to sell me the game.[/quote]

did they honor the LE for $60 as shown in their store ad?

Just got back from FYE.

Their backstage pass takes 6 dollars off the retail price, they are offering a 10 dollar mail-in-rebate. And finally they are running a deal where you can upgrade your Backstage Pass to a VIP Backstage pass and get a $20 gift card. You then have to cancel or you will be charge 10 bucks a month to have the upgraded card.

[quote name='aw004g']Got it at CC right at 10. They had about 200 copies of the game and 4 1600 ms point cards...[/QUOTE]

That is ridiculous.

I wonder why they are having financial trouble.

I remember the same thing happened last year with COD4 (free COD3 with purchase).

[quote name='purbeast']Has anyone tried to PM best buy w/the TRU ad? I saw a pic of the TRU ad and it clearly does show the LE in the picture for $59.99.

Just wondering how that went and also if the $15 giftcard was also PM'ed.[/quote]

According to their policy:

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

So basically, you can either PM the gift card, or the $60 CE. Not both.

I tried to get Best Buy to pricematch and got a rash of poo from the manager about people not paying attention to their policy.......just ordered from Circuit City's website and probably saved a few bucks between gas and time.......thats good enough for me.

Normally I would care but with all the crap that has come out.....seems like waiting isnt a big thing anymore.

I'm pretty raged. Circuit City here is going out of business so I didn't get the 1600 BS points card and I didn't get to use my $10 gift card I got previously with Dead Space (pretty stupid how it doesn't apply considering how not-long ago I got it from the SAME STORE). I did get a 10% discount on the game, but it still feels like I got gypped.

I had trouble getting the $15 gift card at TRU. The CSR didn't want to give the $15 gift card because the ad says only through 11/6. I asked her "How can that be possible? The game came out today?". She said only preorders got the $15 gift card. I took the ad to the manager and he gave me a $15 discount. Now, I'm going to go back and try to get the LE version for $45

bread's done
Back