Gears of War 2 Gold Plated Lancer free

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neksus']But how do we get the gold-plated hammerburst?![/quote]

I just checked and it is still 99999 points.

unfortunately...

A Microsoft representative has informed Joystiq that the public availability of the Gears 2 Gold Lancer was made in error. Yesterday, we reported that the exclusive Collector's Edition weapon had appeared on the Xbox.com Marketplace for all to wield.

According to the rep, everyone who obtained the Gold Lancer from the Xbox.com Marketplace will have the item removed from their games in an upcoming fix, in order to keep the weapon exclusive to Gears 2 Collector's Edition consumers. "We're currently attempting a fix that will expire all codes that were unexpectedly released in error through Xbox LIVE Marketplace," the representative noted.

How Microsoft will remove (or possibly disable) the art asset file and differentiate between legitimate owners and those who grabbed the guns as they fell off the back of the truck is unclear. A request for clarification on how or when the fix would be implemented has gone unanswered, but we'll update you as soon as we know more.

i'd say it's worth getting for now anyways...

[quote name='cm matty']unfortunately...

i'd say it's worth getting for now anyways...[/quote]

wait what? Gears 2 Limited Edition only? I don't recall anything like that.

Didn't they say the last time they screwed up with the Lancer being free that it would also be removed from people's harddrives? I grabbed it then, and as far as I know it's still on mine.

[quote name='cswloo']Didn't they say the last time they screwed up with the Lancer being free that it would also be removed from people's harddrives? I grabbed it then, and as far as I know it's still on mine.[/QUOTE]

From what I heard it was a certain time on to which they removed the Gold Lancers. So some of the people who got onto it early before Kotaku posted it still have theirs.

[quote name='cswloo']Didn't they say the last time they screwed up with the Lancer being free that it would also be removed from people's harddrives? I grabbed it then, and as far as I know it's still on mine.[/quote]

yeah, i wasn't sure if they ever got rid of it or what. i'd heard that some people couldn't use it anymore, but i dunno if that was actually true.

like i said, still worth dl'ing on the chance that they don't fix it...and w/ the price, you can't complain

Cool!

I just nabbed a regular edition copy of the game in a Steelbook display case (looks like the LE but it's red) and now I've got the Gold Lancer in my queue! :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']Cool!

I just nabbed a regular edition copy of the game in a Steelbook display case (looks like the LE but it's red) and now I've got the Gold Lancer in my queue! :D[/QUOTE]

Then you can go and request a hardcover copy of the English art book on xbox.com somewhere.

[quote name='cswloo']Didn't they say the last time they screwed up with the Lancer being free that it would also be removed from people's harddrives? I grabbed it then, and as far as I know it's still on mine.[/quote]

[quote name='Grease_Bits']From what I heard it was a certain time on to which they removed the Gold Lancers. So some of the people who got onto it early before Kotaku posted it still have theirs.[/quote]

what bs000 said. It was a mistake made by a writer which got mistaken as news.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for MS to delete things off your system. Hand out suspensions for your LIVE account sure, but they can't touch your property.

is this still free? It says
MSpoints_12_12.png

[quote name='MaddogMonty']Then you can go and request a hardcover copy of the English art book on xbox.com somewhere.[/quote]

I tried this recently but got a message saying that registration for the offer was closed.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']how the hell you get this when it says

wtfgz2.jpg
[/quote]

I got it when it was first available and then i got the English Art book today.

[quote name='afterburn999']I got it when it was first available and then i got the English Art book today.[/quote]

So I guess there's still a chance I might get the art book. I had given it a less than 20% chance of working. lol.

well i downloaded it to my que when the deal first arose and when i fired up my xbox an hour later it said it downloaded, i haven't played any multiplayer since then but is that the only place it shows up? glad i was able to grab it while it was still free.

Sold mine for $50 on eBay last week - too bad I couldn't download it for free on my account through. Stupid under 18 account. >.> I snapped up the gold lancer on my US profile though (when it first came out), so maybe I can use it on any profile on my console or something. I dunno, haven't played GOW2 yet.

[quote name='kathos']Don't you need a code?[/QUOTE]
I dont understand.Whenever I try downloading it,it says that it costs 99999 microsoft points!?!?! WTF!!!! THATS OVER $120!!!!!! Can someone plz help me out by private messaging me with a reason why its doing this,and how I can fix it.

[quote name='MetalTaco']I dont understand.Whenever I try downloading it,it says that it costs 99999 microsoft points!?!?! WTF!!!! THATS OVER $120!!!!!! Can someone plz help me out by private messaging me with a reason why its doing this,and how I can fix it.[/QUOTE]

This post is ALMOST A YEAR OLD! That's why.

[quote name='MetalTaco']I dont understand.Whenever I try downloading it,it says that it costs 99999 microsoft points!?!?! WTF!!!! THATS OVER $120!!!!!! Can someone plz help me out by private messaging me with a reason why its doing this,and how I can fix it.[/QUOTE]

1. This post is a year old, if you read the entire thread you would see it was fixed well over a year ago.

2. It's actually $1,598.98. I'd probably just buy the Limited Edition if I were you, instead of paying in points. ;)

Funny time for this to be brought back up, I used the gold lancer (acquired though this, mentioned in that above post) for the first time earlier this week.

i went to the link that was to give me the free content but it told me that it cost 99999 MSP. what should i do?

[quote name='Sarge494']i went to the link but the cost is 99999 MSP. what should i do?[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? We'll excuse you only because you're a noob. If you were anything else, we would have whipped your black ass a hundred times over! :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back