Gears Of War 3 Limited Edition (NOT Epic Edition)-$9.98 in-store @ TRU

When I went looking today for the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Saint's Row 3 Collector's Editions that're $9.98 at TRU the one employee told me that the Gears Of War 3 LE is also down to $9.98.

This is IN-STORE ONLY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally (and I'll be done), I gotta say, reading back over this message (four or five more times; the 1st re-read because I couldn't tell if he was serious or not; the other three or four re-reads trying to put my self 'in the store') re: the GOW 3 Wal-Mart Price Match/Diaper Toss of 2012, this might get my early nomination for 2012 Post-of-the-Year. There's just sooooooo much in it; it's loaded!

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']
Maybe I read this wrong from his OP but I don't think he called her (and I'm assuming it's a 'her') a "Cow". He was just thinking it and maybe from his frustration she probably got the hint by the angst in his behavior (Like she's standing there thinking, "That guy is probably thinking I look like a cow", etc.).

Now, slow-mo of the survelliance if he did call her I cow ("COOOOOOOOOOOOW!") I'd pay a few bucks for..[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean that he called her a cow to her face, but rather that he showed how disrespectful he was in the store by calling her a cow on here.

If I hear someone talking shit about me, I'd say something to their face.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't mean that he called her a cow to her face, but rather that he showed how disrespectful he was in the store by calling her a cow on here.

If I hear someone talking shit about me, I'd say something to their face.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya. I just can't help the shenanigans with this one...

[quote name='ets']its sort of like crying to a publishing company about not getting guides for a penny.[/QUOTE]
Oh ffs. Build a bridge and GET OVER IT already, will you?:roll:

I'd never throw a tantrum like that. They'd have my black ass arrested. I know the way things work. I talked with the one rep who didn't want to PM the $10 Guitar Hero Bundle a while ago. After he PM'D it, he went and bought a few for himself. Just my two cents.

[quote name='strait edge follower']No sarcasm my friend. during the first two days of trying to get one before i eventually scored 2 of them i counted the amount of copys in each bestbuy i went to. i know the locations of the remaining ones left :)[/QUOTE]

queens TRU's?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll:This ain't the 1950's. People work from home by buying/selling various items. It's a good way to make money without having to expend gas going to and from a 'normal' job.[/QUOTE]

Yes but buying one or two and selling for profit is one thing. Buying 3 at one store and holding another 3 at the next store an hour away is another. Same for going in and clearing out the who rhythm game section when they were clearancing that out.

For me, stuff like that is where I draw the line. Believe me I've done my fair share of flips, but I limit myself and always try and leave something for either another flipper or somebody who might truly want the game. Also, if there's somebody there who obviously wants the item to play (like a kid) then I'll back off if it's the last one left.

Screwing people over by scooping up all "deals", IMO, is just as bad as screwing people over any other way...like overpricing things, trying to be sneaking with huge shipping costs on Ebay, or charging for fake stuff if you're a car mechanic.

I always leave a few items and i never take more than half the stock. My TRU had piles of $1 gaming shirts but i held my ground and only grabbed a small pile. I could dump those so easily on ebay for a good amount.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll:This ain't the 1950's. People work from home by buying/selling various items. It's a good way to make money without having to expend gas going to and from a 'normal' job.[/QUOTE]

Don't think 'work' is the operative term. Not really being productive, if all you did was flip stuff on eBay and call it a job. It is skilled labor though :cool:, hunting down deals.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yes but buying one or two and selling for profit is one thing. Buying 3 at one store and holding another 3 at the next store an hour away is another. Same for going in and clearing out the who rhythm game section when they were clearancing that out.

For me, stuff like that is where I draw the line. Believe me I've done my fair share of flips, but I limit myself and always try and leave something for either another flipper or somebody who might truly want the game. Also, if there's somebody there who obviously wants the item to play (like a kid) then I'll back off if it's the last one left.

Screwing people over by scooping up all "deals", IMO, is just as bad as screwing people over any other way...like overpricing things, trying to be sneaking with huge shipping costs on Ebay, or charging for fake stuff if you're a car mechanic.[/QUOTE]
I've done my fair share of altruistic deeds to sorta make up for when I hoard stuff. Case in point: Right before Christmas I was at Sears looking over the cases and thinking about whether or not I should grab a few of the controller/XBLA game packs for $20 each.

I overheard a mom and dad talking about how their kids go through controllers like crazy. So I pointed out the controller packs to them. They likely would've NEVER seen them, since these were buried up under the lowest shelf in the case. They took 2-3 of the 3-4 that were there. It made me feel good to help someone else save a lil money and keep their kids happy.

I then went down to the other end of the mall and told the one manager at the GS there that I used to bs with all the time about the controller n game pack at Sears since I remembered he had a 360. He thanked me as well. That last one has since disappeared, so I'm assuming he grabbed it for himself.

As for overcharging for stuff, I usually charge whatever price the market will bear. Someone will always think it's just a case of someone else overcharging. But in the case of Amazon, you're given a set shipping charge($3.99) whether you sell a 5-7oz game that can be sent first class mail with delivery confirmation or an oversized item like a Black Ops Prestige Edition that must be shipped either Priority Mail or UPS Ground to assure it arrives in one piece and before Doomsday.

So in some cases, overcharging is just to make up for money lost on shipping charges not covered by piddily shipping allowances.

[quote name='XF Gator']Don't think 'work' is the operative term. Not really being productive, if all you did was flip stuff on eBay and call it a job. It is skilled labor though :cool:, hunting down deals.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I have a ton of competition around here, between other CAG's and other deal hunters(including at least the one local shop owner I think). So nowadays it's not a question of when I find stuff to grab to potentially resell, it's a question of IF I can find anything.:whistle2:#

I've bumped into that local shop owner at virtually every B2G1 sale that Target, BB and TRU have done since late last year.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As they say, you get more flies with honey than vinegar. So by arguing with them for 45 minutes over something as inconsequential as a price match of a video game and then on top of it tossing the diapers at their manager, you proved that you were a beligerent and disrespectful customer.

Calling one of the cashiers a cow and tossing the diapers at the manager who wouldn't approve your baseless price match was further proof. You threw a tantrum like a lil kid when the manager and his cashiers wouldn't approve your price match request without concrete evidence that it was at the $10 price at TRU. If you owned a store, would you match some other stores' price without definitive evidence of the price? No? So then why should WalMart have to?

You're just lucky you left when you did, since their next step was probably to call the cops on you. They might've cited you for disorderly conduct and even gone so far as to have you barred from the store for your behavior.

Contrary to popular belief by many on here(and on sites like The Consumerist) anymore, the customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT![/QUOTE]

I didn't call the cashier a cow till I posted it here. I kept my cool till the end when the cashier and her cashier co-worker where behind the SM making there comments.

I honestly was calm the whole time till that very end, I say toss cause that's what I did. I didn't feel like taking my items back to the shelf and I just needed to leave at that point before I did get anymore upset.

I know the customer is not always right, I never said I was in the right.
I've worked in retail for many years when I was younger including being an ASM for Gamestop for awhile. Now I do tech support for a software company and sometimes have to deal with ignorant customers.

While talking with the ASM and SM at the store I even told them I wasn't mad at them ect at the start. I calmly asked why they wouldn't honor the store policies for the company ect.

I personally do feel they dropped the ball I would have left it as is at the end if it hadn't been for the time wasted and the lacky cashiers in the background. I would have just chalked it up as a loss.

It's the disrespect the employees started to show towards the end that started to set me off.

[quote name='SnoT']I didn't call the cashier a cow till I posted it here. I kept my cool till the end when the cashier and her cashier co-worker where behind the SM making there comments.

I honestly was calm the whole time till that very end, I say toss cause that's what I did. I didn't feel like taking my items back to the shelf and I just needed to leave at that point before I did get anymore upset.

I know the customer is not always right, I never said I was in the right.
I've worked in retail for many years when I was younger including being an ASM for Gamestop for awhile. Now I do tech support for a software company and sometimes have to deal with ignorant customers.

While talking with the ASM and SM at the store I even told them I wasn't mad at them ect at the start. I calmly asked why they wouldn't honor the store policies for the company ect.

I personally do feel they dropped the ball I would have left it as is at the end if it hadn't been for the time wasted and the lacky cashiers in the background. I would have just chalked it up as a loss.

It's the disrespect the employees started to show towards the end that started to set me off.[/QUOTE]

I feel that way sometimes too when one store has clearance but not another, but there needs to be a point where you need keep your cool. If you put something that seems a bit threatening to the employee or manager, they pose that threat back.

I'm assuming if you work for a tech support for a software company, you probably make good money. There's no need to gripe about what they can't do. Many people out there does not make lots of money and be glad you have a job earning much more money.

The workers there can only do so much, but if they do stuff and they were found giving away stuff without proof (no ad) then maybe they could get punished. Have you ever thought about that?

If a store sells something on clearance, does not mean other stores must honor it. There's a reason the store matches the Ads to get your sale. If you buy a like a game from the store that's on sale, the other store without it on sale loses that sale. Clearance is not posted in ads, and often times the store get rid of them because the item is taking too many space or just ain't selling and want to get rid of it to put new stuff on the shelf.

And as you mentioned you were an ASM for Gamestop, think in that spot, you know games are in clearance at other retail stores, would Gamestop honor it? You'd say no. Gamestop never honors anything. Even if someone was pleading their lives, would you? Nope, because it will not be fair to others, and you may get punished.

You never stated you were always right, but in your description your behavior shows you believe you were right and standing on your ground.

Life is not always fair.

I saw two Ass Creeds and they rang up for $99.99 and the store clerk said online may have a clearance but the store doesn't.

OP need to add YMMV. I mean seriously....

[quote name='Busyman']I saw two Ass Creeds and they rang up for $99.99 and the store clerk said online may have a clearance but the store doesn't.

OP need to add YMMV. I mean seriously....[/QUOTE]

Which system were they for?

Ahh dammit. I noticed this at the TRU in North Haven, CT today, but the price on the display was the regular. There were no Saints Row CE or AC:B CE for the PS3, but had 1 for the 360.

bread's done
Back