Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Ebbtide']In that Horde Mode video, was that Retro Lancer an Infected Omen weapon, or a Lambent weapon? It had electricity flowing through it and I didn't recognize it.

And why are the people that are always featured in those sorts of online videos extremely bad at games. It's like that guy didn't understand the idea of cover in Gears of War, and had to be explained multiple times by people to shoot the Berserker when it glows. Games are literally designed to be moron proof, with colors to guide you to appropriate actions, and yet people like this guy still don't get it.
[/QUOTE]

I dont know but it looks cool. I cant wait to see what other weapon skins they come up with but in the mean time here is the Gears of War 3 concert video of Ice T and Body Count. Be aware the quality is not good because this is the same video that was posted on Youtube but Kotaku spread it around. http://kotaku.com/5809789/what-do-ice+t-gears-of-war-3-and-heavy-metal-have-in-common Enjoy, I guess. Lol.

Cleaned, Organized, and Updated. Just like a Thread should be. There were so many Videos on here I deleted the Video Section of the OP and add link to Youtube Channels that have Gears of War 3 related videos on them. Wheather it be Commentary, Demos, Gameplay, Hands On, Interviews, Previews, Reviews, and/or Trailers. There is something for everybody to enjoy.

@The Ebbtide. I have no idea but it looks awesome. Might be something related to Halo Reach because I heard Epic Games wanted to use Master Chief as Target Practice before the Beta. Lol. It might be like the Armor Effect in Halo Reach. You know Flaming Helmet and Inclement Weather. I mean you saw the Flaming Lancer in the Beta and now we see what appears to be a Lighting/Thunder Lancer at E3. Just a guess but you never know. All I know is I cant wait to see whats next.

@VALCAG The picture below is a better picture of the Gears of War 3 Console and Controllers. It shows the detail more in this picture then the one I had posted earlier. You can see what I mean by the color scheme being detailed. It has 3 Shades of Red and 1 Shade of Black on the Console while the Controller only has 1 Shade of Red and 1 Shade of Black. I also saw a Xbox 360Slim Case Cover availble for I think the guy said $60. You can watch the video below to find out more information about this. I have got to say it would look interesting on this console.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFX2ax7_8To&feature=related
5806535670_893d21f38d_z-525x507.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyword of Gamestop is getting the Dom skin for the Console?

I'm really torn about buying it. I'm fine with my 60gb classic, but god it just looks soooooooo cool. Can you trade in Harddrives for the Slims? I'd love to trade in the 320 for like a 120 and keep the cash :D

I went into a Gamestop today and asked about Commando Dom on the Console. The girl chkeced the computer and said "Yea all Gears Pre-Orders get the Skin" But It's still not on the website as far as I know.

I assume they're going to upgrade it but I'm not sure. Anyone get info on Commando Dom being in the COnsole yet?

I will call Gamestop and ask about the Console and Commando Dom as far as the Cleaver. All I know is that there will be two different versions. One is $40 and will be made out of a plastic like material while the other one is $100 and will be made from a metal like material. So basically the Lightweight Version or the Heavyweight Version.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I will call Gamestop and ask about the Console and Commando Dom as far as the Cleaver. All I know is that there will be two different versions. One is $40 and will be made out of a plastic like material while the other one is $100 and will be made from a metal like material. So basically the Lightweight Version or the Heavyweight Version.

SEE SPOILER BELOW. BE WARNED IT IS A MAJOR SPOILER. I AM NOT KIDDING. OK I WARNED YOU. GO AHEAD AND CLICK. BUT BE ADVISED THIS IS RUMORED AND I DO NOT KNOW IS THIS IS 100% ACCURATE AND/OR TRUE. I SAW THIS POSTED ON TWITTER. LIKE I SAID I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT.
Baird Dies and Carmine Lives
[/QUOTE]

Damn i didnt want to read the spoiler, i was going to quote you and ask if it was storyline specific, and while typing this (spoilers dont hide text when making a reply) i read the spoiler. Uhhhggg. I hope it isnt true, or i forget before the game comes out.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Damn i didnt want to read the spoiler, i was going to quote you and ask if it was storyline specific, and while typing this (spoilers dont hide text when making a reply) i read the spoiler. Uhhhggg. I hope it isnt true, or i forget before the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

Next time just do @H3m1 R4m or something and dont quote. I dont know if this is true or not I highly doubt it. But I do know for a fact that Carmine will live because I did see the results leaked on the Gears of War Official Forums and Cliffy B did make a comment but that Thread and Comment was removed later that day.

I think it is just a bunch of Baird Haters. Lol. But I read this on Twitter and on a different site because of the Chicks Dig Baird Shirt on the Avatar Marketplace. I think people just get the wrong impression and want Baird to die because they dont like him. Dont worry about it. I like Baird he is sort of the comedy relief of Delta Squad next to Cole of course. See the video below. It only posted the link for some reason. I dont know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6sfPdWaTqoA

[quote name='Ionotropic']C'mon guys, this thread has been awesome so far. Let's kill the storyline discussion before this thread turns into spoiler central.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Delete that above post. Without even reading the spoiler initially posted the replies have said way too much.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Damn i didnt want to read the spoiler, i was going to quote you and ask if it was storyline specific, and while typing this (spoilers dont hide text when making a reply) i read the spoiler. Uhhhggg. I hope it isnt true, or i forget before the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ionotropic']C'mon guys, this thread has been awesome so far. Let's kill the storyline discussion before this thread turns into spoiler central.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Yeah. Delete that above post. Without even reading the spoiler initially posted the replies have said way too much.[/QUOTE]

Ok I didnt mean to start a Storyline Discussion sorry about that. I was going to come back and edit the post with additional details but I had an emergency I had to check out. So remove these comments and we can forget about it.

[quote name='rjb']Anyone think the console bundle will pop up on Newegg...? It's the only place where I could get it tax free.[/QUOTE]

Newegg is an Online Retailer so they will not have the console and since when did Amazon charge tax on anything.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Newegg is an Online Retailer so they will not have the console and since when did Amazon charge tax on anything.[/QUOTE]

Orders Subject to Sales Tax

The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512

[quote name='Cry Havoc']Orders Subject to Sales Tax

The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512[/QUOTE]

That would explain why some people have to pay tax but does not make any sense at all. I mean Kentucky has an Amazon Distribution Center and they have to pay tax. Ohio does not have a ADC and we dont have to pay tax. Oh well.

Anyway back on topic. I have been looking for information about the Butcher Cleaver and so far I have not found anything. So do you people on here think you could help me out with this. I must have gone thtu 100+ websites today about Gears of War 3 and have found nothing. Thanks.

Epic Games Website Hacked
Date: Jun 10, 2011
Author: Jim Reilly

Epic Games' websites and forums were recently hacked, the company confirmed in a statement this afternoon. Epic says it expects everything to be restored in "a few days."

Forum email addresses and encrypted passwords were "likely" obtained. The Unreal Developer Network was not compromised.

Below is a statement from Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney:
Our Epic Games web sites and forums were recently hacked. We're working on getting them back up and running, and expect everything to be restored in a few days.

The hackers likely obtained the email addresses and encrypted passwords of forum users. Plain text passwords weren't revealed, but short or common passwords could be obtained by brute-force attack. Therefore, we're resetting all passwords. If you have an account on the Epic Games forums, you can request to receive your new password by email it to the address we have on file for you.

The Unreal Developer Network (UDN) has not been compromised. None of our web sites ask for, or store, credit card information or other sensitive customer data.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone's patience as we get our servers back under control.

The newest update is from IGN. I just read the above article on my IGN App for my iPod Touch. I know this is not deal related but it is news I felt like I needed to repost. I know alot of people on here are Gears of War fans like myself so stay safe out there people. I will keep everybody updated as more details are released.

the Wife said no to the new xbox. so I'm stuck with the slim 250GB. But got the Retro-lancer and Epic Ed. on pre-order and one controller.

I hope that the gears 360 does like the halo reach one and sticks around in stores for sometime. so I can get one on sale.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Uh guys, is it just me or does Gamestop have the console for pre-order but its purple? Amazon's is red.[/QUOTE]
It isn't purple, just a bad picture. The Microsoft website has the correct picture.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']
And why are the people that are always featured in those sorts of online videos extremely bad at games. It's like that guy didn't understand the idea of cover in Gears of War, and had to be explained multiple times by people to shoot the Berserker when it glows. Games are literally designed to be moron proof, with colors to guide you to appropriate actions, and yet people like this guy still don't get it.
[/QUOTE]

cad-20110610-fa035.png

^^^ That whole topic makes me wonder how big of a difference there is from how the people that make the game play their own game, compared to how customers play their game. I mean Gears of War programmers must play the game different. As you can tell 2 of the 4 beta maps had to be changed because people were being spawn trapped. No one in epic or MS ever did that? They also nerfed the reto lancer hip fire, no one in epic or MS spammed that? Makes me think all those guys did was sit behind cover, and flank. No one rushed, no one camped, etc. I would be really interested to know how epic play their own game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']^^^ That whole topic makes me wonder how big of a difference there is from how the people that make the game play their own game, compared to how customers play their game. I mean Gears of War programmers must play the game different. As you can tell 2 of the 4 beta maps had to be changed because people were being spawn trapped. No one in epic or MS ever did that? They also nerfed the reto lancer hip fire, no one in epic or MS spammed that? Makes me think all those guys did was sit behind cover, and flank. No one rushed, no one camped, etc. I would be really interested to know how epic play their own game.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I would like to know how they play also. I never camped or rushed in the beta. The only time I ever did was when I played KOTH but I dont think that counts. I would flank and use cover alot but that is just the way I play. Other then that I like being right in the middle of a good old fashion fire fight with guns blazing in all directions.

I am still looking to see when the Butcher Cleaver will be available for preorder. I know it is going to be released around the same time as Gears of War 3 and will come in two different versions. I am in the process of adding a section for it just waiting to add the links to it.

Sorry if this has been asked but asking again anyway

The Pre-order skins....are these coming to DLC? I'd assume so but has anyone 100% confirmed it anywhere form Devs or Cliffy? I'm asking because I want the skins from each retailer etc and I don't want to pay for something stupid expensive to only pay $15 MS points for them later. Like the reptile DLC code for MK. I didn't buy any but I saw people spend WAAAAAY to much for them.

[quote name='Snuckles']Sorry if this has been asked but asking again anyway

The Pre-order skins....are these coming to DLC? I'd assume so but has anyone 100% confirmed it anywhere form Devs or Cliffy? I'm asking because I want the skins from each retailer etc and I don't want to pay for something stupid expensive to only pay $15 MS points for them later. Like the reptile DLC code for MK. I didn't buy any but I saw people spend WAAAAAY to much for them.[/QUOTE]

It is rumored and has not been confirmed. I will let you know if it is confirmed later.

Just called TRU and they had scorge, kantus, and cog soilder, but no Mauler. The Mauler isnt even on their website. So was he still shipped with the series? He is the one i want the most.

I have my doubts about the pre-order bonuses become DLC. I do not recall the golden Hammerburst and/or Lancer ever being available as DLC later for GoW 2. However, during one of the multiplier XP events, they did unlock the golden guns.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just called TRU and they had scorge, kantus, and cog soilder, but no Mauler. The Mauler isnt even on their website. So was he still shipped with the series? He is the one i want the most.[/QUOTE]

Wait. What? Lol.

[quote name='imacgod']I have my doubts about the pre-order bonuses become DLC. I do not recall the golden Hammerburst and/or Lancer ever being available as DLC later for GoW 2. However, during one of the multiplier XP events, they did unlock the golden guns.[/QUOTE]

It was just a rumor I read because people are emailing Epic Games and asking them about this. I know Rockstar started it with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire and I heard other game developers may do the same thing. So hopefully Epic Games will do the same. But like I said I will keep everybody updated. What do you guys think of the New Facelift I done earlier today. But in the mean time I am trying to make this Thread "Mobile Friendly" that way people can get on this Thread with any Mobile Device. So if anybody has a Mobile Device let me know how it looks. Thanks.

I really dont like any of the Preorder Bonuses myself. I preordered at Gamestop because it is closer to my house and I dont feel like dealing with Amazon or going to Walmart. Best Buy is 45+ Miles away from me one way so I am not going to drive like 100 miles just to get a game. I would like to get all of the Preorder Bonuses just as much as the next guy but I am not going to spend money on each code. Besides I like Clayton Carmine so I will probably play as him.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I was talking about the figures, series 6.[/QUOTE]

I know. Any certain ones you are looking for because I see them on different sites every once in a while. I can look for you if you want me to. It also depends on how much you want to spend. Or you could also check Ebay. Let me know and I will try to help you out.

Is pre-ordering in store the only way to get the Walmart pre-order exclusive character at midnight release?

[quote name='Wedgie']Is pre-ordering in store the only way to get the Walmart pre-order exclusive character at midnight release?[/QUOTE]

I dont know. I know you can Preorder it online and get it shipped but it might take a week to get it. You may be able to do like Gamestop and Preorder Online with In Store Pickup but I doubt that. I have never been to a Midnight Release at Walmart. I do know that the games they had in the case the next day all had a sticker on the plastic wrap with the DLC in the game case. Same thing for Best Buy I guess but I have only been to Best Buy like twice in the past year so I might be wrong. In case you are wondering the closest Best Buy to me is like an hour drive. Good luck. I hope I was able to help you out some.

[quote name='Wedgie']Is pre-ordering in store the only way to get the Walmart pre-order exclusive character at midnight release?[/QUOTE]

I dont know. I know you can Preorder it online and get it shipped but it might take a week to get it. You may be able to do like Gamestop and Preorder Online with In Store Pickup but I doubt that. I have never been to a Midnight Release at Walmart.

I do know that the games they had in the case the next day all had a sticker on the plastic wrap with the DLC in the game case. Same thing for Best Buy I guess but I have only been to Best Buy like twice in the past year so I might be wrong. In case you are wondering the closest Best Buy to me is like an hour drive. Good luck. I hope I was able to help you out some.

I have added Kmart and Toys R Us to the Preorder Section. Kmart is currently sold out and Toys R Us is the Highest Priced. You can enter your email address on Kmart.com if you want to be notified when it is available. I will update once it is.

I will update once I know what the Kmart Gamer Deal is going to be along with any other Preorder Bonuses or Deals. You can also use the Shop Your Way Reward Card towards the purchase of Gears of War 3 if you have any Points on your Card. For example. If you bought 5 Games each having a $20 Gift Card or 20,000 Points. You can get the Epic Edition for $50 + Tax. Not to bad if you want to live up to the name of being a C.A.G. and still get the Epic Edition. I know a friend who did this with the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition and he got it really cheap.

Ahhh good news for me. I called TRU for series 6 of the gears figures and he only said they had Skorge, Kantus, and Cog Soldier. So i went to buy those, and found one Mauler hiding behind some other tall toy boxes, like someone was trying to hide it. So glad i seen that in the corner of my eye!

I also saw 1 Zeus figure from the god of war series, but none of the others. Oh well.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ahhh good news for me. I called TRU for series 6 of the gears figures and he only said they had Skorge, Kantus, and Cog Soldier. So i went to buy those, and found one Mauler hiding behind some other tall toy boxes, like someone was trying to hide it. So glad i seen that in the corner of my eye!

I also saw 1 Zeus figure from the god of war series, but none of the others. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a TRU around where I live the closest one near me is next to Best Buy which is like 50+ Miles. How much do those things cost anyway. Oh and congrats I guess. Lol.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I wish I had a TRU around where I live the closest one near me is next to Best Buy which is like 50+ Miles. How much do those things cost anyway. Oh and congrats I guess. Lol.[/QUOTE]

they are 14.99 a piece.

[quote name='knightsmith']I think I will get this and not the Gears 3 xbox360

GO to
$$$$$$/i/cFLr

here is a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/officialgcon

Pre-order at gamestop $90.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ac.... It's ok, kinda clunky and can only stand...

[quote name='The 7th Number']I love how they have a quote right next to the quoted area on the left. LMAO![/QUOTE]

What are you talking about. I had to redo the title because the way the link is typed it says 15 Hours of Cutscenes. 15 HOURS? Lol.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']What are you talking about. I had to redo the title because the way the link is typed it says 15 Hours of Cutscenes. 15 HOURS? Lol.[/QUOTE]

gearslol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back