Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok. Thanks. Lol. How do you post pictures like that. For some reason it wont let me do anything with screenshots. I would be on Xbox Live right now playing Gears of War 2 but I just had to get connected to a Lag Party and now my internet is all screwed up. Lag Party meaning Bad Connections and Lag Switches. Not to mention a Host you cant kill.

I'm iffy on whether to get the 80 version or the 60 version. I preordered 80 today, but might cancel it for the regular.

I hope the people excited for more Gears cutscenes aren't the ones that were complaining about Metal Gear Solid 4's copious amount of cutscenes. :cool:

But yes. I enjoy cutscenes but there better be plenty of gameplay to go with it. (MGS4 in that regard was a let down).

Traded in my slim 360 250gb yesterday just to reserve the Gears 3 console. I've never owned a limited edition console so I thought being a huge Gears fan, I went for the console. I had to, two controllers, the games, some goodies, and turning on that bad boy just to hear the Gears of War theme, fuck YEAH! I need 160 left to pay it off. I be on the PS3 more often until Sept. 20th hits.

[quote name='imacgod']I hope the people excited for more Gears cutscenes aren't the ones that were complaining about Metal Gear Solid 4's copious amount of cutscenes. :cool:

But yes. I enjoy cutscenes but there better be plenty of gameplay to go with it. (MGS4 in that regard was a let down).[/QUOTE]

I loved MGS4 cutscenes! I thought it added so much to the other-wise short and monotonous campaigns of it's time and here lately for that matter. MGS4 was amazing!

I hope Epic does the same with GOW3, this has been one of the best campaigns of all time!!! And I know they're gonna wrap-it-up with a HUGE amount of whipcream and cherries!!!

An hour and a half of cut-scenes? Makes me wonder how many discs it will be. Gears 2 was a great game, but the story was laughably bad.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Should I feel bad that I preordered the Gears console and the Epic edition game?[/QUOTE]
Nope, that's what I'm doing too! :cool:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Nope, that's what I'm doing too! :cool:[/QUOTE]

There are starving children in Africa but we splurge on video games.
1244954074822-1.png

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ahhh good news for me. I called TRU for series 6 of the gears figures and he only said they had Skorge, Kantus, and Cog Soldier. So i went to buy those, and found one Mauler hiding behind some other tall toy boxes, like someone was trying to hide it. So glad i seen that in the corner of my eye!

I also saw 1 Zeus figure from the god of war series, but none of the others. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

how much was the cog soldier?

I wouldn't get enough if I traded in my Elite 360 with a 250 gb HDD would I? I really want to buy the GOW3 360.

I'm going to call Gamestop and see how much I can get for it.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']I wouldn't get enough if I traded in my Elite 360 with a 250 gb HDD would I? I really want to buy the GOW3 360.

I'm going to call Gamestop and see how much I can get for it.[/QUOTE]

they will rip the hell out of your ass! you old system may bring in around $75 HDD another $25.. so you will be about a 1/4th of the way there. opp 4got about tax well you can give up the 2nd controller that you have that's about $10. better off to sell it on CL and save up and order on amazon. no Tax.

[quote name='Xenokai']Do walmart stores do pre-orders for gears 3? also do they give these $20 gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Did you not turn on your 360 at all the other day. Yes walmart is doing pre-orders and yes just like amazon you get a $20 egift card. but its only on the SD. and you get the Bonus exclusive Savage Grenadier Elite.

Im just going to stick with the Epic Edition. Nothing else. I would take the extra money you would spend on the console and use it towards other games like Assassins Creed Revelations and Battlefield 3. That or just save it. I added it up and the Epic Edition is $150, Console is $400, Cleaver is $100, and Lancer is $100. That is $750 + Tax. Give or take a few dollars after that is all done. OUCH!

@cag1000 - Not yet. I will update once I know.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Im just going to stick with the Epic Edition. Nothing else. I would take the extra money you would spend on the console and use it towards other games like Assassins Creed Revelations and Battlefield 3. That or just save it. I added it up and the Epic Edition is $150, Console is $400, Cleaver is $100, and Lancer is $100. That is $750 + Tax. Give or take a few dollars after that is all done. OUCH![/QUOTE]

I feel ya! I'm doing the Epic Edition and BOTH Retro Lancers - the normal U.S. version and the GOLD Exclusive U.K. version. That's enough for me - if the console looked better I would get it too...

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I feel ya! I'm doing the Epic Edition and BOTH Retro Lancers - the normal U.S. version and the GOLD Exclusive U.K. version. That's enough for me - if the console looked better I would get it too...[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the UK Version. I am not going to get any of the extras just the Epic Edition. My Xbox is still good even though I could always use a bigger hard drive and I have to buy a new controller because my old one is like 3.5 years old and still works aside half way decent. Aside from that I could think of other things to spend $600 on. Besides knowing my luck I would probably get broke into and robbed of said extras by a jealous fan boy. Lol.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I can has all of my limited edition crap and donate to the Ethiopians.[/QUOTE]

How many more could you have saved with that limited edition money? Poor children in graves.

[quote name='knightsmith']Did you not turn on your 360 at all the other day. Yes walmart is doing pre-orders and yes just like amazon you get a $20 egift card. but its only on the SD. and you get the Bonus exclusive Savage Grenadier Elite.[/QUOTE] The add on the dashboard only meantions online orders.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Traded in my slim 360 250gb yesterday just to reserve the Gears 3 console. I've never owned a limited edition console so I thought being a huge Gears fan, I went for the console. I had to, two controllers, the games, some goodies, and turning on that bad boy just to hear the Gears of War theme, fuck YEAH! I need 160 left to pay it off. I be on the PS3 more often until Sept. 20th hits.[/QUOTE]

You being a CAG and all, why in the hell would you trade in your console!? Seriously, you could make 4x more selling it through Craigslist.

Please. Remove the comments about Africa and Ethiopia. Thanks. If people want to spend money on all of the Gears of War extras let them do it. I am all for helping those down on their luck but still sometimes we need to show some concern for our own country and its own people.

Todays updates:
http://www.examiner.com/console-gam...ar-3-demo-on-fallon-victim-of-untimely-glitch
http://content.usatoday.com/communi.../video-watch-gears-of-war-3-on-jimmy-fallon/1
http://kotaku.com/5811829/maybe-a-laugh-track-and-tower-defense-are-just-what-gears-of-war-3-needed

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Can't wait for gears 3
Gonna play it non stop[/QUOTE]

I know. I played Gears of War 2 after the beta and there is a huge difference between the two games. I cant wait either.

[quote name='Envel']Anyone know a place to buy Gears 3 figures?[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us in case you missed the last page. Lol. No go take a look at the page before this one. We were actually discussing this. Lol.

Yeah pretty much TRU is where i buy mine. I think ive read they might sell them at suncoast or FYE maybe it was? But TRU is your best bet, or an online store like amazon, bigbadtoystore, and others. But they usually run a little higher than retail+shipping which is why i get them at TRU if i can.

Just wanted to let everyone know this.

If you pre-order Gears 3 Standard at Walmart, the $20 e-gift card will be mailed to your email address within 2 hours after your payment clears. If you go to Amazon, they won't let you have the $20 gift card until the game ships. BOO! I'd recommend Wal-Mart cuz you can use the $20 GC to pre-order another game like Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3! I used mine on Skyrim :whee:

I need a gears fix!!!! I wish they would put that demo out. I already played through again gears 1 & 2 last week.

Hey CAGs am I the only one that kept trying to retro-lance charge in the older gears of war games right after the beta ended? It took me about 3 respawns to get it right.

For those that preordered the Gears 360 console from Amazon, they added release date delivery for 99 cents! Wasn't an option last week when I went to preorder it.

I'm extremely excited for Gears 3 and played the Beta like crazy, but I'm extremely disappointed in the overhyped Epic Edition. I just expected so much more. I can't afford the console which is what I'd get instead, so I'm going to use my $20 credit and get the controller that comes with the Infected Omen pack.

I think so. It's $100 more than the 250 gb. For the extra $100 you get a $60 copy of Gears of War 3, a bigger hard drive, and an extra $60 controller. If you're like me and buying GoW3 for sure, and also need a new Xbox anyway it's a no brainer.

I did notice today on the best buy in store gaming kiosk that if your pre order Gears3 you save $5 on the @Gamer magazine subscription making it $9.99. It also comes a code to download the Mechanic Baird character. (sent via email)

[quote name='AcidRain25']I did notice today on the best buy in store gaming kiosk that if your pre order Gears3 you save $5 on the @Gamer magazine subscription making it $9.99. It also comes a code to download the Mechanic Baird character. (sent via email)[/QUOTE]

If you can get a picture I will try to add it to the first post. Why did this thread go from a 4 Star Rating to a 3 Star Rating. Thank you Playstation fans. Lol. Oh well I guess that brings us to Todays Update which really should have been posted last night but I didnt get to because the internet went out on me. So I will make up for it with three updates today.

First update is this video. Read the comment that has 8 Thumbs Up. It is the comment I posted after watching the video. Its a hidden collectable.
Second update. A preview of a few of the maps will be in the retail game. Some are old some are new. I like Courtyard the best. It looks nice.
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/in...of-war-3-cliff-bleszinski-on-multiplayer.html
Third update. A few news articles.
http://mmomfg.com/2011/06/16/gowiii-cinematic-footage-time-0616/
http://www.1up.com/news/gears-war-3-cole-train-campaign
http://www.connectedconsoles.com/xbox/bleszinski-speaks-on-potential-of-gears-title-for-kinect/3734/
http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3-will-never-come-to-the-ps3/
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/06/13/1773078/video-games-locked-and-loaded.html

There is also an update about the Gears of War 3 Preorder Bonuses. The Microsoft Store also has the Savage Grenadier Elite. There are also comments being thrown around saying that The Microsoft Store was the first to offer the Savage Grenadier Elite and Walmart was just going to offer the Savage Grenadier. I dont know if there is any truth to this or not. But all I know is Walmart is offering the Savage Grenadier Elite and a $20 Gift Card.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.GearsOfWar3

Last edited by a moderator:
@ H3mi

You can edit the part about pre-ordering the standard edition at Amazon and Wal-mart. The Amazon part is right (Gift card ships after game ships), but the Wal-Mart 20$ GC arrives in your email 2-3 hours after you pre-order gears 3.

I just pre-ordered at Wal-mart yesterday and got the email with the 20$ GC an hour and a half later.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']@ H3mi

You can edit the part about pre-ordering the standard edition at Amazon and Wal-mart. The Amazon part is right (Gift card ships after game ships), but the Wal-Mart 20$ GC arrives in your email 2-3 hours after you pre-order gears 3.

I just pre-ordered at Wal-mart yesterday and got the email with the 20$ GC an hour and a half later.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was about to edit it a few minutes ago but it started to storm so I didnt. I am going to now though.

Contest 1 - http://www.platformnation.com/2011/06/17/win-gears-of-war-3/
====================================================================================================
Week two of Summer of Raptr brings us new prizes and we have a couple that we thought you may be interested in. Just a quick reminder, to enter all you have to do is click on the the links we will provide you in the descriptions below and follow their topic page, and don’t forget to follow Platform Nation’s topic page while you are at it.
====================================================================================================
Get your Lancers ready – this week’s Summer of Raptr topic is Gears of War 3. There’s no introduction needed here, the third installment of the Gears of War series will be epic. Here’s your chance to win it, and hundreds of other prizes, straight from Raptr. Follow the Gears of War 3 topic page on Raptr to enter to win 1 of 5 copies.

Contest 2 - http://www.platformnation.com/2011/06/17/win-gears-of-war-3/
Gunnar Optiks – As we game, our eyes get fatigued. You may not notice it, but it effects not only the health of your eyes, but also your performance! Get Gunnar Shades to combat this. They’re giving away Gunnar Shades packs to 5 random followers of their topic on Raptr! (Value $200 each).

Contest 3 - http://www.platformnation.com/2011/06/17/win-gears-of-war-3/
Alliance of Valiant Arms – Check out ijji’s popular multiplayer frag-fest, AVA. It is undoubtedly one of the best (and hottest looking) Free to Play FPSs out there. They’re giving away an Alienware M11x to one of their lucky followers on Raptr! They’re also giving away STG44 (7 day) for all participants as well as 100 G Coins for 10 followers! Follow their topic page for a chance to win!

Contest 4 - http://epicgames.com/community/2011/06/624-beast-horde-q-a-stream-win-a-gold-retro-lancer/
Join Gears of War 3 Executive Producer Rod Fergusson on Friday, June 24th at 5:00 p.m. Eastern for an hour long Q & A live stream about Beast and Horde modes. We’re collecting questions in advance and one lucky fan who posts a question will be randomly chosen to win the awesome NECA Gold Retro Lancer replica pictured below. Post your Beast and Horde mode questions in the comments for a chance to win! To watch the live stream, visit the Epic Games Justin.tv page Friday, June 24th at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. We’ll announce our big winner at the end of the broadcast. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back