Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']When you pre order off of amazon, do you have to pre order in full or can you pay it off over time?[/QUOTE]
You pay in full when the order ships. Unless you're talking about using gift credit, you can apply that any time in any amount prior to shipment.

So I just tried to preorder from Walmart.com and do site to store pickup, the estimated arrival date was between 9/30 and 10/1, odd considering the release date is 9/20, and then I tried to finalize and the website told me I couldn't do that shipping option.

I guess I'll just show up there at midnight and hope I get a DLC character code.

For the german gears fans out there:

http://www.game4game.at/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6807

Gow3 Original Messenger Bag
Gow3 Original Feldflasche "OMEN"
Gow3 Original Tshirt "LANCER"
Gow3 Original Bandana "LOCUST FACE"
Gears of War 3 AT UNCUT Game

image_calc.php

[quote name='kylerg']I think some one at BB said Baird was in the box. So it may become harder to use this method.[/QUOTE]

They also said the the 5 star QB prospect for NCAA 12 was in the box. Somehow I got that in an email also...

They just saythat to no have you preorder to get and return.

i think im gonna get the console but dont want to pre order it before i make sure, but I also want to get the limited edition of the game......hmmm

[quote name='merchie89']i think im gonna get the console but dont want to pre order it before i make sure, but I also want to get the limited edition of the game......hmmm[/QUOTE]
Just get the LE game and chill on the Console. It's close to x-mas so all the stores will have a sale on the console soon after release. well that's what I'm looking to do as of right now.

Free Gears of War 3 multiplayer Character Voiced by Iced T, "Aaron Griffen"
Just so people don't have to go digging around for steps on how to get it. Personal Thanks to Ifirework for the step by step guide.

Step 1: Click here http://j.mp/rrvsyh

- If you can't access this page this could be down to two reasons:

1) You haven't liked the "Gears of War" Page on Facebook, if so click here http://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar Then resume from next step.

2) Your account may be experiencing restrictions due to an age gate, you can change your settings from your Account/Privacy settings.

Step 2: Click the 'Get Griffin' side option, continue onto the page and select the button to recieve a code.

Step 3: Afterwards, it should refresh the box and reveal a code, if not, refresh the page, if this fails, re-access the 'Gears of War' page and then return back to the 'Get Griffin' side option, the code should be revealed.

Step 4: Copy & Paste the code into the redeem code option on www.xbox.com, or input the code into the redeem code option on your xbox console.

Step 5: You can download immediately and it will create a 56kb game save under 'Gears of war 3' called 'Griffin', this is the multiplayer character file.

*Get it now as it is free. they have already popped up on ebay $5-$50. Don't know if he will be unlockable without the code. Dev have not said anything more on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knightsmith']link works now[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Hmmm, quoted linnk doesn't work, original does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spauldingfan']So tempting....but what is the weapon skin..... the omen is already unlocked from the beta[/QUOTE]

We must find out what this is all about...

[quote name='spauldingfan']So tempting....but what is the weapon skin..... the omen is already unlocked from the beta[/QUOTE]

The omen is NOT unlocked via the beta. It was in the beta, but that doesnt mean it will be unlocked right away. The only weapon skins the beta made sure to unlock are the golden retro, and flaming guns.

[quote name='The 7th Number']The omen is NOT unlocked via the beta. It was in the beta, but that doesnt mean it will be unlocked right away. The only weapon skins the beta made sure to unlock are the golden retro, and flaming guns.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree on it being in there maybe not right away but similar to however it was unlocked in the beta. I think that was the first unlocked skin I got. I have a feeling they may have split up the infected omen pack.... 1 in the controller set, 1 in this...

[quote name='knightsmith']Free Gears of War 3 multiplayer Character Voiced by Iced T, "Aaron Griffen"
Just so people don't have to go digging around for steps on how to get it. Personal Thanks to Ifirework for the step by step guide.

Step 1: Click here http://j.mp/rrvsyh

- If you can't access this page this could be down to two reasons:

1) You haven't liked the "Gears of War" Page on Facebook, if so click here http://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar Then resume from next step.

2) Your account may be experiencing restrictions due to an age gate, you can change your settings from your Account/Privacy settings.

Step 2: Click the 'Get Griffin' side option, continue onto the page and select the button to recieve a code.

Step 3: Afterwards, it should refresh the box and reveal a code, if not, refresh the page, if this fails, re-access the 'Gears of War' page and then return back to the 'Get Griffin' side option, the code should be revealed.

Step 4: Copy & Paste the code into the redeem code option on www.xbox.com, or input the code into the redeem code option on your xbox console.

Step 5: You can download immediately and it will create a 56kb game save under 'Gears of war 3' called 'Griffin', this is the multiplayer character file.

*Get it now as it is free. they have already popped up on ebay $5-$50. Don't know if he will be unlockable without the code. Dev have not said anything more on it.[/QUOTE]

it's funny how many characters will be announced before the game actually comes out, felt like it was a waste playing towards the permanent dlc in the beta, flaming weapons and cole

I never have and never will pay extra for a special/limited/epic/collectors/hardened edition of a game.

[quote name='mike95']I never have and never will pay extra for a special/limited/epic/collectors/hardened edition of a game.[/QUOTE]

I would hope not. Being a CAG, you should always get the S/L/E/C/H version for less.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just a heads up, someone posted this in the other gears thread with pics of them in case you missed it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8726534&postcount=1569[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I like to see other people have Gears of War threads on here. I mean it is a discussion thread but still it is a very good thread. I might browse through his and gather some more information to add to this one. It has been like forever ago since I had a chance to work on it. Thanks The 7th Number. Also since I only have one computer at the moment and will be going back to college in like two weeks I am going to Wiki this thread. But I am going to keep a backup saved on a flash drive in case somebody ruins it.

HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON A RETRO LANCER NOW!? I've been saving up and i finally went to pre-order it and it wasn't on the site anymore and if you try to do it seperately it says "currently unavailable" does anyone know if they'll be distributing them to stores to buy them there if u didnt pre order it?

[quote name='SHRIVES93']HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON A RETRO LANCER NOW!? I've been saving up and i finally went to pre-order it and it wasn't on the site anymore and if you try to do it seperately it says "currently unavailable" does anyone know if they'll be distributing them to stores to buy them there if u didnt pre order it?[/QUOTE]

I sure some GS will have some. but if someone pre-ordered it GS only holds it for 24 or 48 hrs before they can sell it to another person so I would keep checking. I know my GS will not sell any of the Reg cust pre-orders. I've had my gamestop call me up and ask me if they could sell something I've pre-ordered to a customer in the store. so I would walking into the store everyday 9/19 and check the website they might put it back up and are just seeing how many they need to ship out.

[quote name='SHRIVES93']HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON A RETRO LANCER NOW!? I've been saving up and i finally went to pre-order it and it wasn't on the site anymore and if you try to do it seperately it says "currently unavailable" does anyone know if they'll be distributing them to stores to buy them there if u didnt pre order it?[/QUOTE]

You might try calling a local Gamestop store and see if you can pre-order it through their store. You will probably need to go in and make a payment at the store. Good luck!

[quote name='deantjeep']You might try calling a local Gamestop store and see if you can pre-order it through their store. You will probably need to go in and make a payment at the store. Good luck![/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP stopped taking instore pre-orders about 2 weeks ago. I went to see about getting one for my lil brother and they couldn't do it anymore. no longer doing the epic ed. instore as well

Crap, I'm wanting to play this as soon as possible with a midnight release...but I also want the $20 credit from Wal-Mart or Amazon. Wal-mart seems to only let you pre-order with the ship to home, no in-store pick up it seems. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='KingNothing09']Crap, I'm wanting to play this as soon as possible with a midnight release...but I also want the $20 credit from Wal-Mart or Amazon. Wal-mart seems to only let you pre-order with the ship to home, no in-store pick up it seems. Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

Amazon does release delivery for like 99 cents I think. I'm probably gonna order the console through amazon and pick up the game at best buy at midnight, then sell the copy the console comes with for like 55 somewhere.

Yeah, I've already got it setup with Amazon for release day shipping...I'm just wary of the post office or UPS screwing it up. I'm taking vacation the entire week of the release (shows how happening and awesome my life is, lol) and wanna be playing asap.

[quote name='KingNothing09']Yeah, I've already got it setup with Amazon for release day shipping...I'm just wary of the post office or UPS screwing it up. I'm taking vacation the entire week of the release (shows how happening and awesome my life is, lol) and wanna be playing asap.[/QUOTE]

Start being buddy buddy with the UPS guy now.... by ANY means necessary.

epic edition is a tad unnecessary. preordered a limited edition and retro lancer. My wife did mocap in the game (and GOW-2) so we want to have something to hang on our wall to commemorate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back