Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='spauldingfan']Start being buddy buddy with the UPS guy now.... by ANY means necessary.[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna kiss a man though :cry:

Epic Edition!

battotallyworthit.png

[quote name='KingNothing09']I don't wanna kiss a man though :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sometimes one needs to make the proper sacrifices to get what he wants when it comes to Gears of War.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Shit!!! so no more retro lancer??? are you kidding me? DAMN IT!!![/QUOTE]. .I'm in the same boat... Now I know how homer Simpson felt when he procrastinated and missed mr. T at the mall.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Shit!!! so no more retro lancer??? are you kidding me? DAMN IT!!![/QUOTE]
You always go and drop $25 on anything that you think you might want at Gamestop. even if you don't want it you can change it. they are fast to pull it from pre-ordering. but if someone dose not pick up there order after 48hrs they might sell it to you so keep checking. I'm sure after they ship out all the pre-orders the web-site might have more later

it is a cheap plastic toy but it's one of those things that you just want even if you know that you will play with it for about 5 min. look at it for the first week as you play the game then look for a place to store it till you need money/space and you clean out your man cave and sell it on ebay for double the price.

Neca posted on there facebook page about the retro lancer

NECA - N.E.C.A basically yes it is sold out, a small # of pcs will probably come available when cc gets declined, people cancel etc. keep checking gamestop and email them about a waitlist or second chance availability. good luck3 hours ago ·
NECA - N.E.C.A The Gold was being discussed with a retailer but it didn't come to be. I'm sorry you missed out but it was available for nearly 2 months on pre-order. Like I said there might be a second chance via Gamestop

[quote name='knightsmith']Neca posted on there facebook page about the retro lancer

NECA - N.E.C.A basically yes it is sold out, a small # of pcs will probably come available when cc gets declined, people cancel etc. keep checking gamestop and email them about a waitlist or second chance availability. good luck3 hours ago ·
NECA - N.E.C.A The Gold was being discussed with a retailer but it didn't come to be. I'm sorry you missed out but it was available for nearly 2 months on pre-order. Like I said there might be a second chance via Gamestop[/QUOTE]

It was me who posted on their wall. LOl
Thanks for posting anyway:cry::cry:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Veteran Gear cheevo = all 5 gold weapons skins
Controller comes with ALL 5 infected omen skins
Four bonus XP weekends coming up[/QUOTE]

I got my controller today, got the veteran achievement, and got gears 3 paid fully. I'm good to go.

[quote name='garrett007']I got my controller today, got the veteran achievement, and got gears 3 paid fully. I'm good to go.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the controller today?

[quote name='garrett007']I got my controller today, got the veteran achievement, and got gears 3 paid fully. I'm good to go.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Now I just have to wait another month and a week.

[quote name='rs600cubed']How did you get the controller today?[/QUOTE]

Mostly all the stores have it now, I got mine at Gamestop. The code for the weapon skins doesn't work so I think it won't work until the game comes out.

wow that gears 3 info vid just had non stop awesome news.

one of the cool things i heard was the gears 1 and gears 2 will be on sale digitally, I think this marks the first time a Games On Demand title has ever gone on sale? I think that's awesome, hope more follow suit

[quote name='Ionotropic']Veteran Gear cheevo = all 5 gold weapons skins
Controller comes with ALL 5 infected omen skins
Four bonus XP weekends coming up[/QUOTE]

It is actually 5 not 4. Lol.

Does anybody know how I could get a Gold Hammerburst and Gold Lancer code WITHOUT Veteran Gear. I have been wanting to try to track down these codes for a friend of mine in the USMC who missed the Gears of War 2 Midnight Event due to him serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. I feel like this would make a nice Welcome Back gift once he gets his Xbox Live and Xbox 360 back up and running. I mean after all he helped me beat Gears of War on Insane from start to finsh without stopping when no one else would.

[quote name='bamistic']preoder no longer avail @ Amazon, the fraking day I was going to buy it, I hope they get it back[/QUOTE]

It still shows up for me?

I can't believe they'd make it so easy to get the Gold Gnasher, and actually make it harder to get the Gold Sawed Off Shotgun.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That retro lancer is probibly a cheap plastic toy or something. Oh and I'm shocked that this thread is still up lol. Oh well might as well join in.

Vanilla edition for me ![/QUOTE]

It apparently is not cheap feeling or looking, described as sturdy and detailed... I can't wait for BOTH of mine!!! One regular and one GOLD from the UK!!!

Epic Edition Question:

Does the Epic Edition come with the retail slipcase for the limited edition of the game? Based on the pics I've seen thus far, I'm learning toward no but I want a slip-case.

[quote name='MattyB']Epic Edition Question:

Does the Epic Edition come with the retail slipcase for the limited edition of the game? Based on the pics I've seen thus far, I'm learning toward no but I want a slip-case.[/QUOTE]

It's a slipcase, just not the same old fashioned green one with the standard edition cover art.

Anyone else gonna play this in 3D after the announcement ??:lol:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Veteran Gear cheevo = all 5 gold weapons skins[/QUOTE]Wow, that sucks... I already had three of them the old fashion way and was hoping for them to retain their uniqueness...

And of course for my veteran status to give me something else just as unique... Like a platinum weapon set.

Rod Fergusson announced that...

Veterans will unlock all Golden Weapon skins from the start.

The Golden Gnasher is only available to those who have the Veteran Gear achievement, thus making it more exclusive.

Those who play Gears 3 in the first week unlock a Golden Hammerburst and Lancer.

Personally, I feel that Veteran Gear rewards aren't nearly exclusive as they should be.

Rod announced that EXP Weekend events will be held from now until Gears 3 launches so that everyone can get their wings.More people w/ Veteran Gear=more people w/ golden guns

Also, Epic is NOT going to scan profiles to see who boosted to 100 and who did not.

Source:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4933/gears-of-war-3-unlockables-detailed.htm

[quote name='Smart Aleck']Also, Epic is NOT going to scan profiles to see who boosted to 100 and who did not.[/QUOTE]Which, frankly, they shouldn't since the rank system was add so late into the shuffle and, well, I known a number of people who lost their rank just because of save glitches and had to start all over again.

But like I said previously... I think the veteran rewards could/should be better and without a doubt think them devaluing the gold weapons is a huge disservice to those who had already earned them.

To be honest, I think having a big shiny golden gun on my character will distract me, (lol) much like the flaming weapons.

[quote name='Smart Aleck']To be honest, I think having a big shiny golden gun on my character will distract me, (lol) much like the flaming weapons.[/QUOTE]

I'll have the Gold guns but to be honest I LOVE the flaming weapon skins!

hmmm I knew I shouldn't have waited on grabbing that GS retro lancer bundle. Sold out, anyone hear that some may come back online for pre-order?

[quote name='cag1000']hmmm I knew I shouldn't have waited on grabbing that GS retro lancer bundle. Sold out, anyone hear that some may come back online for pre-order?[/QUOTE]
don't count on it.

[quote name='Smart Aleck']

The Golden Gnasher is only available to those who have the Veteran Gear achievement, thus making it more exclusive.

Those who play Gears 3 in the first week unlock a Golden Hammerburst and Lancer.

[/QUOTE]

could've swore I heard him say the Gold Gnasher would also be given to people who play in the first week

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']could've swore I heard him say the Gold Gnasher would also be given to people who play in the first week[/QUOTE]

He did in the stream, but i think they changed it up once again because apparently epic doesnt know what the hell they want to do.

[quote name='The 7th Number']He did in the stream, but i think they changed it up once again because apparently epic doesnt know what the hell they want to do.[/QUOTE]
More like they changed due to "outrage" over the fairly lame rewards for Veteran Gear.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I'll have the Gold guns but to be honest I LOVE the flaming weapon skins![/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong man, I love the look of the flaming guns too, but I find them so distracting!!!

[quote name='The 7th Number']He did in the stream, but i think they changed it up once again because apparently epic doesnt know what the hell they want to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently a bunch of people were complaining that none of the "exclusive" content was not really "exclusive." I personally had no problem with it, but that was just because I'm cheap and I haven't gotten any of the map packs besides the free one :whistle2:#

I've always considered buying the All Fronts Collection, but now i guess I'll use some left over GameStop credit to get a digital download.

EDIT: ARGH NINJA'D
DAMN YOUTUBE DISTRACTIONS

well that's better than before then, at least veteran gears get some sort of exclusive, even if it's just one golden skin, as long as it's something that identifies and sets them apart a bit

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well that's better than before then, at least veteran gears get some sort of exclusive, even if it's just one golden skin, as long as it's something that identifies and sets them apart a bit[/QUOTE]

Well you do get the title and badge to go along with it for what that's worth.

[quote name='Cloyd']Well you do get the title and badge to go along with it for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]

yea, overall I'm pleased now. title + badge + exclusive weapon skin. not bad :D

[quote name='Cloyd']Well you do get the title and badge to go along with it for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]

I dont even think your badge/title even shows when you play social playlists. Thats what i played in the beta and i never seen any. But the few times i played ranked i was able to see them. Hopefully they fixed it so you can see it in both lobbys.

[quote name='spauldingfan']both , think of it as getting the limited only with a statue on top of it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I've been wondering this for a long time. Was Halo:Reach with the statue the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back