Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all this talk about paid weapon skins and season pass makes me think about what Mike Capps said after the Video Game Awards in 2006. This is when the first DLC for the original Gears of War was going to be released.

"We always take care of our customers, we always give them stuff for free, and we're going to keep doing that forever. That's how we do it. This is Epic"

Which one of these pre-order skin codes do you get instantly or the fastest, if any? I'm still waiting for my Baird code from BestBuy to get emailed.

[quote name='yesokyesok']dude i didn't click the link brah but are you speaking about ICE-T? Thats way more than meh if so. GET GRIFFIN![/QUOTE]

LOL, i didnt realize. Im not much into Gears, so i'm a little slow.

Too bad there isnt a Cocoa MP skin. :bouncy:

[quote name='The 7th Number']My walmart order has shipped!
Tracking number leads to a page with these details....[/QUOTE]
Edit: I am a jackass lol. I followed the tracking to the actual Fedex page for my order and the delivery estimate is from 9/16-9/20 like yours. I was bitching about my delivery being 9/27-9/29 but that's just what the Walmart email told me.

Also ordered from Amazon. Sold the Kantus DLC for $30 after fees on ebay. I would imagine it may go for more if there's no word on it being available on the marketplace soon. I just wanted to get rid of it asap to cut down the cost of the game and be sure to get a decent amount for it. If it gets rare though I could see getting $50 just for the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='infinite horizon']i cant find the 12 + 2 months ones on the gamestop website at all, did they stop selling them or something?[/quote]
in store only

[quote name='bossman']Seeing all this talk about paid weapon skins and season pass makes me think about what Mike Capps said after the Video Game Awards in 2006. This is when the first DLC for the original Gears of War was going to be released.

"We always take care of our customers, we always give them stuff for free, and we're going to keep doing that forever. That's how we do it. This is Epic"[/QUOTE]

And if you were to post that on the Epic boards they would probably ban you now. Pathetic.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Do we know if Toys R Us is giving a gift card?[/QUOTE]
all I know is they did the gow 3 action Fig 2pack free if you pre-ordered online. and you pay shipping that was $7.50

[quote name='cag1000']Anyone seen the Lancers in store yet?[/QUOTE]
your not going to see any instores. all the lancers are sold out. so you won't see one for sale till 48hrs after release! GS rules. And good luck with that. I sold an extra one that I had for $300

[quote name='knightsmith']your not going to see any instores. all the lancers are sold out. so you won't see one for sale till 48hrs after release! GS rules. And good luck with that. I sold an extra one that I had for $300[/QUOTE]:shock: Holy shit man!

[quote name='knightsmith']your not going to see any instores. all the lancers are sold out. so you won't see one for sale till 48hrs after release! GS rules. And good luck with that. I sold an extra one that I had for $300[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for the bundle to come back in stock, didn't I read a few pages back that it popped back up this week?

[quote name='wgpfly']Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Main Group Full.
CheapAssGamer.com #2 Is Other Group.
STILL LOOKING FOR MORE CAGS!! LETS FILL THIS OTHER GROUP![/QUOTE]

Okay this look like it could be fun. I just joined up under my gamertag lockmastah, but don't see myself listed yet. Does it take a little while for their database to update or something?

[quote name='knightsmith']I have the standard from walmart and amazon, LE from BB. and EE from Gamestop. I don't know which one I want to keep?[/QUOTE]

LOL I have the same dilemma, all 3 on pre-order.

My birthday is actually on Tuesday so the Epic edition is a gift from my parents; boo ya.

[quote name='knightsmith']your not going to see any instores. all the lancers are sold out. so you won't see one for sale till 48hrs after release! GS rules. And good luck with that. I sold an extra one that I had for $300[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck do people pay 300$ for a plastic gun that probibly doesnt even cost 10$ to make ? You robbed that guy badly lol. You could buy a colsole with that money or even spend it on Olivia mun and hope she sleeps with you

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']LOL I have the same dilemma, all 3 on pre-order.

My birthday is actually on Tuesday so the Epic edition is a gift from my parents; boo ya.[/QUOTE]

My bday is the 23rd so my wife got my the LE, she first tried saying I cant play it until my bday. Yeah that didnt last long :lol:

[quote name='cag1000']I've been waiting for the bundle to come back in stock, didn't I read a few pages back that it popped back up this week?[/QUOTE]
It was up for about 20hrs. that was sold out again fast

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why the fuck do people pay 300$ for a plastic gun that probibly doesnt even cost 10$ to make ? You robbed that guy badly lol. You could buy a colsole with that money or even spend it on Olivia mun and hope she sleeps with you[/QUOTE]
Hey It's not my fault I didn't tell anyone to buy it. I just put it on ebay and said hey I have one would you like it. show me the money! I used that money to pay for the the 4 games that are about to ship. I will return 2 of them but I don't know if I want to keep the EE. I think I'm a sit on it for 30days and see if someone drops the price fast. I would think they would want to move them, with COD and Assassin's creed and all these games coming.

I used to be a sucker for getting the top of the line version, in this case the Epic but most of the content is crap and not even worth it so just getting the Standard version and maybe getting the other dlc pre-order content on the side. I guess kmart got my business with that $20 gaming coupon (probably the best deal besides amazon matching it)

[quote name='knightsmith']I have the standard from walmart and amazon, LE from BB. and EE from Gamestop. I don't know which one I want to keep?[/QUOTE]

Keep epic, sell everything else.

I'm having preorder nightmare right now. I've had two preorders out for this game. One for me and one for my niece. I found out yesterday evening that the credit card that I've had my gamestop preorder on was 'possibly compromised' by no fault of my own and the account was immediately closed and will be issued a new one. Problem is I won't receive the new one until next wednesday at the minimum. While it sucks I figure I best just cancel the order which I really didn't want to do in the first place since I've had the order before the beta. Gamestop isn't my favorite company right now but I'm not one of those who cuts and run just for a preorder bonus then cancel, but I'm not having much of a choice in the matter here.

I try to cancel the order online and it won't let me. I call gamestop customer service and explain the matter. I get put on hold for a bit and when the guy comes back he tells me they can't since it's already been packed for shipping..wtf. Now I'm trying to explain that find and dany but the charge for it isn't going to go through. I suggest if I can maybe change it to a pick up in store that I can just go in and pay cash as I still would like to get it. Nope cause it already being packed... I'm told why don't I just change the credit card it's going to be charged to#-o. I remind him I just told you why that isn't possible. After several more minutes banging my head against a wall it comes down to there is nothing they can do even though it not actually shipping until monday. So I have to go through the whole we 'cannot process payment for this order' crap with them even though I already tried to solve it beforehand.

On the other side of things my preorder at Amazon isn't a problem since it was paid in full with credit........my niece is going to be so pissed win she doesn't get her copy:cold:.

I caved. Preordered at Amazon for $60 + $20 credit. I think this technically violates my "never pay more than $20 for a game rule" even though I used birthday money from my parents.

[quote name='Javery']I caved. Preordered at Amazon for $60 + $20 credit. I think this technically violates my "never pay more than $20 for a game rule" even though I used birthday money from my parents.[/QUOTE]

That's the best deal asides from Kmart. I chose kmart to get it in the early morning because ups won't arrive until the late evening (around 7pm). I'm sure it'll be well worth the $ and hey, at least when it goes on sale or a price drop it's what you ended up paying for it except you got it @ launch :)

I'm pre-ordering from every where except Amazon. Skipped on Epic though, I'm going with Limited edition game and controller. Hey, if any one happens to gets some extra codes for the Savage Kantas PM me. The only character I'm missing :(

[quote name='ZuKe11']do u get the $20 credit from Amazon if u get the console[/QUOTE]
Nope only the S.E. gets the $20 credit. they didn't put it on any of the other ED.

Hey people I was at Walmart today and there is a sign on the Security Scanners as you first walk in advertising Gear of War 3 and all of the stuff that comes with it. The SGE, Free Beanie, and $20 GC. But when I walked past Electronics I saw another small sign with small print saying that it is a $10 Gift Card instead of $20 for all In Store and Online Orders. Be careful people. you know how much of a headache it was with the RDD now it looks as if they have something else planned. Just thought I would let everybody on here know.

Damn Finally ordered it from Amazon today but im be stuck waiting for UPS to bring it to my house. What's worse Ima have to wait till 4pm- until it comes while eveyone on my friends list is already playing it. :cry:

All Weapon Skins - 3600MSP
Animated Weapon Skin - 320MSP (All 5 Starting Weapons)
Non Animated Weapon Skin - 240MSP (All 5 Starting Weapons)

All Hammerburst Skins - 1200MSP
All Lancer Skins - 1200MSP
All Retro Lancer Skins - 1200MSP
All Shotgun Skins - 1200MSP (Both Gnasher and Sawed Off)

Liquid Green Skin will be available in October through a Special Event.

I can only laugh at someone paying $300 for a plastic gun or $30 for a pre-order skin. Maybe I should get in on this racket as well...lol. :D

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']All Weapon Skins - 3600MSP

Liquid Green Skin will be available in October through a Special Event.[/QUOTE]

Wow...Epic can take all that and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm buying the base game and that's it. They won't get a dime from me for DLC.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn Finally ordered it from Amazon today but im be stuck waiting for UPS to bring it to my house. What's worse Ima have to wait till 4pm- until it comes while eveyone on my friends list is already playing it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

same my ups girl doesnt like to come to 5 or 6. ima try to call to ups to see if they can hold the package before it gets on the truck and just pick it up myself

its cool that if you play the game during the first week (which everyone should do) you get the golden lancer and hammerburst. I wasn't able to get those 2 and trashball cole during the beta because I joined it like a week before it ended.

at ricky- that's one smart ass idea. I might just do that aswell.

[quote name='Killbomb']I can only laugh at someone paying $300 for a plastic gun or $30 for a pre-order skin. Maybe I should get in on this racket as well...lol. :D[/QUOTE]

I completly agree lol. Hey lets both put in half for a epic edition and sell of the lancer and split the profit in half

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']All Weapon Skins - 3600MSP

Liquid Green Skin will be available in October through a Special Event.[/QUOTE]

wow .... smh no comment

Wow...Epic can take all that and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm buying the base game and that's it. They won't get a dime from me for DLC.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ! These things should be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back