Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cancerman1120']I guess next time some DLC is going to go for big bucks the key is to list it before you get the code I guess. Seems like the earlier people will make out better.[/QUOTE]
Yeah should have probably put it as a one day listing on Saturday instead of 3 day, still I'm on the first page and up to $6 and it ends in 8 hours, hopefully it racks up some nice cash before the Savage Kantus plummets in value. Today the game will be at its peak of interest; 12 year olds who are game-high will want it to brag to their friends; and they'll want it BAD. By that time they're probably messing around on the internet and see a recent listing for the skins... That's what I'm hoping for.

I listed kantus and grenadier with 1 day time, buy it nows at 20 and 35 respectively. Ill be selling my adam fenix and Infected omen skin too once my console arrives. Since i got got that via the controller before the download was fixed.

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks
Also PLEASE NOTE:
I AM GOING TO START GROUP SHUFFLE COME LATER THIS WEEK. MEANING IF YOU HAVE NO POINTS SCORED I'LL REMOVE YOU FROM THE MAIN GROUP. And send you a link to join the backup group. Thanks for your understanding.

[quote name='eau']Yeah, the walmart code is INSIDE the game. The only way to get a code is to open a copy (and sell the game as used). Perhaps those copies might have a different UPC, so trading to Amazon could be a problem.[/QUOTE]
It's outside the game. At least the one I got from Walmart.com is. The game is just the standard version and the code card was separate.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's outside the game. At least the one I got from Walmart.com is. The game is just the standard version and the code card was separate.[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected. Someone told me that and I should have taken that with a grain of salt.

Did anyone recieve two packages from Amazon with your preorder? My mom sent a text about it....but.....I can't actually talk to her now. Did anybody get two things?

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's outside the game. At least the one I got from Walmart.com is. The game is just the standard version and the code card was separate.[/QUOTE]

is it the same upc as amazon? this one

[quote name='Linkgx1']Did anyone recieve two packages from Amazon with your preorder? My mom sent a text about it....but.....I can't actually talk to her now. Did anybody get two things?[/QUOTE]

no, well at least i didnt.

[quote name='oiskaio']I preordered from Bestbuy and picked it up moments ago but still no damn code!!

Only bright side is that as I was leaving the security guy asked if I bought gears and then gave me the beanie, key chain, and comic from last nights midnight opening.[/QUOTE]

I'm searching now but is BB suppose to email the code or something? I picked mine up last night too and I was wondering about that. I asked about the DLC and two employees told me it was inside the box.

[quote name='Kali']I'm searching now but is BB suppose to email the code or something? I picked mine up last night too and I was wondering about that. I asked about the DLC and two employees told me it was inside the box.[/QUOTE]

Well, damn I think I am reading that they are suppose to email them out. I pre-ordered early last month. This is frustrating.

[quote name='Kali']Well, damn I think I am reading that they are suppose to email them out. I pre-ordered early last month. This is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I got my Mechanic Baird code in an email, but I preordered the game online for instore pickup.

Well, its a good thing I went to a midnight release as neither copy I ordered online has shown up and I just got done beating the game. :lol:

Great game. Easily one of the best of the year if not the very best. (so far)

I need that guy on the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial to knock the power out at my job so I can go home and start playing already.

Got S. Kantus and M. Baird in the email and C. Dom on my receipt. Just waiting on S.E.G. (anyone know if he gets emailed or will he be inside the manual?)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep that's the Walmart UPC as well. I already posted that ;)[/QUOTE]

Also how soon were u charged for gears? im assuming you had it pre ordered.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do you guys just normally wait, or do you plan on hitting up the Best Buy customer service line?[/QUOTE]
I just tried hitting the CSL twice. The phone maze is about the worst I've experienced in a long while. They were of absolutely no use.
If you do call them, make sure you have your receipts handy.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']fuck my UPS. 3 pm and still nothing. I've watched like 3 movies today and played the endor level of FU II. I wanna play some Horde 2.0.[/QUOTE]

same here bro, last time they delivered madden on release day around 10am, nothing so far, its fucking frustrating. I have my day cleared out for Gears 3, and fucking out for delivery sign is pissing me off.

I just call BB costumer service about my Mechanic Baird code and the lady told me that there is a delay getting the codes from their provider and they are trying to fix that.

They better be because I just sold the code on ebay and the winner already paid for it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']fuck my UPS. 3 pm and still nothing. I've watched like 3 movies today and played the endor level of FU II. I wanna play some Horde 2.0.[/QUOTE]

my UPS guy always arrives just after I doze off from waiting for several hours or or 2-3 minutes towards the end of their delivery window...which about the time I doze off from waiting several hours.

[quote name='dinokill']I just call BB costumer service about my Mechanic Baird code and the lady told me that there is a delay getting the codes from their provider and they are trying to fix that.

They better be because I just sold the code on ebay and the winner already paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Might have made sense to make sure you had the code before you sold it? I think I saw that kind of thing in a movie once. It didn't end well, but in this case all you'll get is negative feedback. Not so bad, really.

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']Also how soon were u charged for gears? im assuming you had it pre ordered.[/QUOTE]
Yeah had it preordered. Was charged $20 for the egift card immediately after ordering a couple months ago and charged for the game (39.99 + .97 shipping + tax) when it shipped on the 16th. You get the egift card immediately in your email and you can use the egift card to buy a real GC if you want.

Annoying that I get my Walmart order hours before my Amazon order. Fedex beats UPS every time here.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the tip. I'll try them in a few min.[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested to hear about your encounter there, whether successful or otherwise. :)
Good luck!

Soo no BB code here either......

Not sure if anyone noticed but anyone see that the "supposed" TRU exclusive figure 2 pack is now the image on GS.com for the 14.99 exclusive "supposed" GS exclusive Journey's end Marcus figure? The figure that was shrouded in mystery, had a blacked out non spolier image and was available at no GS B&M.

In this recession, UPS is using fewer drivers and loading down the drivers that are delivering with more stops. It's likely to take a bit longer to get your packages now days, so get used to it.

[quote name='cag1000']Soo no BB code here either......

Not sure if anyone noticed but anyone see that the "supposed" TRU exclusive figure 2 pack is now the image on GS.com for the 14.99 exclusive "supposed" GS exclusive Journey's end Marcus figure? The figure that was shrouded in mystery, had a blacked out non spolier image and was available at no GS B&M.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. My two pack from TRU has a sticker on it claiming to be a "Toys R Us Exclusive". Maybe it's just because of the weird orange guns.

[quote name='kouleefoh']oh you're a local. I went to the Union City one.[/QUOTE]

Did they gave out anything? I preordered mine there but couldnt make it.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']great to hear cant wait til tomorrow to play the game and get to unpack the Epic Edition

any other impressions on the quality of the Epic Edition?[/QUOTE]

Dude the Epic Edition is exactly that - EPIC! The statue is extremely detailed and if you put it under a light or out in the sun when you bring it inside it GLOWS SO AWESOME!!! It truly is an EPIC piece of art. The box for Adam Fenixs COG tag is beautiful!!! You'll see man, it is awesome!!
Sorry it took a while to respond, I've been CRACKIN-OUT on Gears Campaign !!!

Is this email I got of "Download your Gears of War 3 content" from Best Buy the Mechanic Baird code? Amazon's email actually says it's the savage Kantus, but this BB one doesn't actually specify, and I don't want to fudge up listing a code for something else.

[quote name='62t']Did they gave out anything? I preordered mine there but couldnt make it.[/QUOTE]
Yea, i got the lanyard, keychain, a beanie, and a comic. I was expecting a shirt also, because i saw the employees wearing it, but I guess they have none left. The tournament there was very glitchy. Game was not updated.

I hate UPS. Im so paranoid over this game, im like a dog. Every noise I hear I rush to my window hoping to see that big ass brown truck. Luckly for the next 3 big releases that I plan to get, Amazon won't be part of them.

Does anyone know how I can get an Aaron Griffen character code? I dont think it's available from the Gears of War page on Facebook anymore... : (

Plus I dont have a Facebook anyways - any help would be much appreciated...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah had it preordered. Was charged $20 for the egift card immediately after ordering a couple months ago and charged for the game (39.99 + .97 shipping + tax) when it shipped on the 16th. You get the egift card immediately in your email and you can use the egift card to buy a real GC if you want.

Annoying that I get my Walmart order hours before my Amazon order. Fedex beats UPS every time here.[/QUOTE]

sorry to keep asking questions, so your final order slip, the one that came with the game, said 39$? or 59$? Like no mention of the 20$ at all?

To the People who bought this at Toys R Us, how does the receipt look? is the game 30$ and the figures 30$ or the game 60$ and figures free?

[quote name='Shinpachi']Is this email I got of "Download your Gears of War 3 content" from Best Buy the Mechanic Baird code? Amazon's email actually says it's the savage Kantus, but this BB one doesn't actually specify, and I don't want to fudge up listing a code for something else.[/QUOTE]
That is the Baird code.

[quote name='kouleefoh']oh you're a local. I went to the Union City one.[/QUOTE]

yeaaa, ppl from the BAY!!, am from SF

oh yea jus got my Gears 3, i saw the same driver driving the ups 2 hours ago. He went to his lunch, and then came here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back