Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

I didnt even know there was a Lancer prop. I noticed a new cole thrashball uniform a week or two ago. Is there anything else new?

EDIT: Nevermind i see on xbox.com marketplace. Lancer, Hammerburst, ... pretty cool. I already have a ticker and thrashball cole plushy for props.... but i love gears so i might end up getting something.

Last edited by a moderator:
A) I'm just glad they allowed a weapon prop, especially something so iconic as this.
B) I'm actually not too put off by the price of props. It's fun.

I thought the song fit perfectly. It's straight up visceral metal, for one. And for two, it had some relevance regarding the COG army vs. the Locust and I'm willing to bet it has something to do with man creating the problem...hence the war pigs. Just a hunch.

Either way, I love me some metal and War Pigs is a classic and it fit the manly, "let's kick some ass" vibe that Gears conveys.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Cool trailer but that song honestly didn't fit IMO.[/QUOTE]
Did Gears of War 2 have a trailer with poor music choice? I know the first game did, but I can't recall the trailer for the second.

Agreed, KoolFreebies. Mad World is a great song, and War Pigs KICKS ASS. Love the new trailer.

...Not that it's any indication of how good the game's going to be.

[quote name='KoolFreebies']I liked the Gears 1 and 3 trailers, Gears 2 trailer not so much[/QUOTE]

The Gears 2 trailer linked above is not the best one. The best Gears 2 trailer didn't have music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Fh6-sDtEA

I like Sabbath and everything, but the Gears 3 one wasn't that great. Then again, I'm not looking forward to the game as much as most of you...well, not the multiplayer, anyway. Excited for the campaign.

I don't know, I liked the Gears 2 trailer, I feel like the it emphasizes the quiet intensity as a last ditch effort to save themselves and at the time of its release, I personally thought it would be the last Gears game so it was in a way a sort of suicide mission taking the fight to the enemies home.

I always like anything Gears anyway.

EDIT: Never saw that trailer Kane, holy shit that was awesome.

I just don't like how they went away from the theme of the other trailers, which were very somber and had a "war is hell" type of vibe. I wish they kept more in line of the "brothers to the end" against all odds we stick together type of motif like the original Gears 3 announcement trailer.

I liked the heaviness of all the other trailers, this one seemed like all it wanted to do as invoke a "fuck yeah!" reaction, which is cheap and any decently cut trailer can do.

[quote name='KoolFreebies']I liked the Gears 1 and 3 trailers, Gears 2 trailer not so much[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drktrpr1']Agreed, KoolFreebies. Mad World is a great song, and War Pigs KICKS ASS. Love the new trailer.

...Not that it's any indication of how good the game's going to be.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That Gears 2 trailer and the Halo 3 trailer are literally, in my opinion, the best trailers ever made for a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdPszJLNQ

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I just don't like how they went away from the theme of the other trailers, which were very somber and had a "war is hell" type of vibe. I wish they kept more in line of the "brothers to the end" against all odds we stick together type of motif like the original Gears 3 announcement trailer.

I liked the heaviness of all the other trailers, this one seemed like all it wanted to do as invoke a "fuck yeah!" reaction, which is cheap and any decently cut trailer can do.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we'll get a somber "war is hell" type video about a month before the game releases. I think that's about when the other ones came out.

Yep, I couldn't help buying a lancer. Though I do have an excess of points due to bing rewards, so it doesn't feel like such a ripoff.

^I'm glad I'm not the only the only one. It's how I almost always preclude AAA titles (Dead Space 2), . Looking forward to revisiting Gears 1 and 2 campaigns!

Edit: Mass Effect 3 is gonna be a time-sink. fuck

Last edited by a moderator:
I was online not to long ago with alot of people playing Gears 1 online. but I got all the achievements for gow1 and I think I have 2 left to get in 2

I meant the number it asks for isn't usually the number it unlocks at. I'm currently at 10.850 kills and still no seriously

[quote name='knightsmith']I think in Aug. I will do my flashback and play GOW 1 & 2 just to get ready for 3.[/QUOTE]

I'd plan to do that as well.

[quote name='GUNNM']I meant the number it asks for isn't usually the number it unlocks at. I'm currently at 10.850 kills and still no seriously[/QUOTE]

Blame the quitters. Once a certain number of people leave it stops counting kills towards seriously, but does count them towards your stats.

I just pulled my online pre-order. for the Epic Ed with Retro Lancer. you only save like $6 if you do release date shipping. so I will just go hang out with the real fans inline and see some of the crazy cos. that some people will put on. Plus you know GS will have some added DLC or something like they did last time. I'm going to go buy my stuff then retro charge anyone that gets in my way of me and my car to get home and play that night!!!!

Hey does anyone have a Gears of war Augustus Cole Action figure they would like to sell. The wife gave me the ok for the man cave! Got the sports stuff, foot,baskt,base,lacrosse. got the gears amazon lancer and got the retro on pre. I want the action figures but cole is one I can't find anywhere. Anyone?????? pm if ya want to sell

[quote name='knightsmith']Hey does anyone have a Gears of war Augustus Cole Action figure they would like to sell. The wife gave me the ok for the man cave! Got the sports stuff, foot,baskt,base,lacrosse. got the gears amazon lancer and got the retro on pre. I want the action figures but cole is one I can't find anywhere. Anyone?????? pm if ya want to sell[/QUOTE]

I have one, but the figure sells for around 80-90 dollars, and i dont think i want to sell it. Here is one on ebay, not sure how much they go up to on there.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody feel like doing a co-op playthrough on Insane?[/QUOTE]
Which Gears of War?

If Gears of War:
Completing the game as Dom is the only achievement I have left for the Campaign, so I'd definitely help you with Insane.

If Gears of War 2:
I just completed Hardcore yesterday, so the game is fresh in my mind if you want to beat Insane.

If people need help with Horde Mode during next week, please let me know.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Which Gears of War?[/QUOTE]
I was thinking 2. Gears 1 was too hard for my blood... I had kind of a tough time even beating the game on Easy frankly. I've beaten Gears 2 on Hardcore though. I'm trying to decide if it would be easier/faster to do a game with both players on Insane, or do the Insane-Casual thing and just run through the game twice so both players get the cheev.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Every time we plan to do a CAG session of GoW 2, it never seems to happen :cry:[/QUOTE]
I seem to remember you, me, dmaul, and a couple of other folks playing a ton of Horde matches a few months ago. :lol:

[quote name='The 7th Number']I have one, but the figure sells for around 80-90 dollars, and i dont think i want to sell it. Here is one on ebay, not sure how much they go up to on there.[/QUOTE]
yeah I got that one on my list to watch. thanks. if you change your mind hit me up.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I was thinking 2. Gears 1 was too hard for my blood... I had kind of a tough time even beating the game on Easy frankly. I've beaten Gears 2 on Hardcore though. I'm trying to decide if it would be easier/faster to do a game with both players on Insane, or do the Insane-Casual thing and just run through the game twice so both players get the cheev.

I seem to remember you, me, dmaul, and a couple of other folks playing a ton of Horde matches a few months ago. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad I remember that about only 25% of people who played gears 2 beat it on Insane. I found it to be fun and easy to do. U just can't run and gun. you had to take cover and flank when you could. I did it solo. but yes doing a co-op with one person on an easy level and they do most of the work is how I helped alot of my friends out. Gears 1 is harder then 2 hands down!!!! But yes let's get it going GEAR of WAR 1&2 week

Any word on if that console will include a version of the game?

And they would definitely need to invert the colors on the power on button. It needs to be red when powered on, and instead go green when the system has an error.

It says it includes the game...most likely the regular edition. When they launched the Halo Reach console, it had the regular edition of the game.

I hope there's a chainsaw sound when you turn on the console.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It says it includes the game...most likely the regular edition. When they launched the Halo Reach console, it had the regular edition of the game.

I hope there's a chainsaw sound when you turn on the console.[/QUOTE]

Personally i hope its the sound that the game makes when you get to a checkpoint. Also id love to hear the sound when you picked up a cog tag in gears 1. Those two sounds for turning it on, and opening the tray would be awesome.

bread's done
Back