Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

Hate I missed this weekend being out of town, but I usually play nights from 11pm est to 1 or 2 am ish. Need some DLC cheves, co-op cheves, beast and horde cheves and medals.

well got a little busy with Christmas but am now free so who here is up to do some of the Horde and MP achievements maybe this weekend into New Years Day? Let me know, I will message those who said they were interested, also message/add me on XBL

I just re-bought this game, so if you need help with this game, or previous Gears of War games (the first, PC, and/or 2), I can try to help. I already have the achievements for 3, so in games like Horde I could just upgrade the fortifications and Silverback for you all, or just give you my money. Whichever works better as support.

Is there a day or date you all were looking to play?

It wasn't "free" exactly, if you're referring to the one last month. You bought the first level, then got the second free. Seemed like every level after that cost the usual price. Not really that amazing after all.

I'm like 83 I think. I'd really like some of those gold Re-up weapons skins though. After that I'll probably wait on grinding to level 200 until they start busting out that 31x XP. :lol:

Man the XP is pretty nice lately in Gears 3. My friend last night got his red wings like i had, and he re-upped, so i decided to go for it. I had 16 million XP into my red wings, LOL. Im already at level 57 and i re-upped last night.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is there a multiplier going right now?[/QUOTE]
I think they're keeping it at 4x XP. I also think they said they might raise it as Judgment gets closer to bring back players (for further hype).

If people were looking to Re-Up, now may be the time to get a group together for Insane Horde with 2 hard multipliers, if you're not into the competitive games. Just remember how quickly they forgot about 2 when 3 came out. Better to do it sooner, than later.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I think they're keeping it at 4x XP. I also think they said they might raise it as Judgment gets closer to bring back players (for further hype).

If people were looking to Re-Up, now may be the time to get a group together for Insane Horde with 2 hard multipliers, if you're not into the competitive games. Just remember how quickly they forgot about 2 when 3 came out. Better to do it sooner, than later.[/QUOTE]
2 was so bad I went back to 1.

So I checked and it's 8x XP across all games. If you play Insane Horde to Wave 50 5 times, you would go from Level 1 to 100 with this amount of XP multiplier. This means that anyone lacking the Re-Up achievements should easily get them now.

I'm not sure if the 5 games of Insane Horde require 2 hard mutators, but don't forget that using easy types will take away from your XP gained.

Got the epic edition in the mail today, which means i have an Adam Fenix + Infected Omen skins code. If anyone was looking to buy this let me know, im flexible with price.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']So I checked and it's 8x XP across all games. If you play Insane Horde to Wave 50 5 times, you would go from Level 1 to 100 with this amount of XP multiplier. This means that anyone lacking the Re-Up achievements should easily get them now.

I'm not sure if the 5 games of Insane Horde require 2 hard mutators, but don't forget that using easy types will take away from your XP gained.[/QUOTE]

Are you positive it's 8XP? I've seen other message boards mention 4XP

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is any of the DLC on sale this week really worth it anymore? I have Raam and the horde pack...[/QUOTE]
No. It's just MP dlc.

[quote name='dennisb407']Are you positive it's 8XP? I've seen other message boards mention 4XP[/QUOTE]
I just re-checked and it's at 8x. Though I recall with Gears of War 2 Epic eventually just made it a permanent 2x XP, so when they did Special XP Events it would be confusing to know the actual bonus. I'm not sure if Gears of War 3 has a permanent 2x setup, but that might be why some sites are calling it a 4x bonus instead of a 8x bonus. That's why when Gears of War 2 had that 31 XP bonus people thought it would actually be 62x, since they hoped it would be 2x31. That would have been some monstrous XP.

Also, if anyone likes to play Beast, all of the COG Heroes are Baird for Judgment Hype. Or if you hate Baird, you can kill him a lot then. Oddly they didn't put Cole in the mode.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is any of the DLC on sale this week really worth it anymore? I have Raam and the horde pack...[/QUOTE]
If you like to play Horde and Beast, the other two map packs will give you more maps for variety. But I genuinely don't recall ever playing those maps in public Horde or Beast, so I'd only get them if you have friends to play with. And altered presentations of Escalation (Fenix Rising Pack) and Raven Down (Forces of Nature Pack) return if you played and liked them in Gears of War.

Plus you need those packs with certain gametypes for online competitive matches if you're looking to play them. And I don't think you'll have access to the dedicated servers without all of map packs (not that you're guaranteed access with them either, it's just that you definitely can't get them without the map packs).

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I just re-checked and it's at 8x. Though I recall with Gears of War 2 Epic eventually just made it a permanent 2x XP, so when they did Special XP Events it would be confusing to know the actual bonus. I'm not sure if Gears of War 3 has a permanent 2x setup, but that might be why some sites are calling it a 4x bonus instead of a 8x bonus. That's why when Gears of War 2 had that 31 XP bonus people thought it would actually be 62x, since they hoped it would be 2x31. That would have been some monstrous XP.

Also, if anyone likes to play Beast, all of the COG Heroes are Baird for Judgment Hype. Or if you hate Baird, you can kill him a lot then. Oddly they didn't put Cole in the mode.[/QUOTE]

No, I think the reason why it was confusing for some people when they did the Special XP Events in Gears of War 2 was because they (Epic) cut down the XP given out in certain playlists despite whatever special XP event was happening. Proof.

And the 4x XP event is over, it's definitely 8x XP across all playlists right now in Tacos of War 3.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']seriously 5 waves of insane Horde is enough XP to get to level 100? Well I know what I am about to play[/QUOTE]
5 games of a full 50 waves. Although I don't think you have to play each of the exact 50 waves. I assume it can be any waves, just so long as you play and complete 250 waves...maybe.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I just re-checked and it's at 8x. Though I recall with Gears of War 2 Epic eventually just made it a permanent 2x XP, so when they did Special XP Events it would be confusing to know the actual bonus. I'm not sure if Gears of War 3 has a permanent 2x setup, but that might be why some sites are calling it a 4x bonus instead of a 8x bonus. That's why when Gears of War 2 had that 31 XP bonus people thought it would actually be 62x, since they hoped it would be 2x31. That would have been some monstrous XP.

Also, if anyone likes to play Beast, all of the COG Heroes are Baird for Judgment Hype. Or if you hate Baird, you can kill him a lot then. Oddly they didn't put Cole in the mode.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok..thank you

[quote name='knightsmith']the wife is away this weekend.... so anyone down for some horde this weekend?[/QUOTE]
Count me in! I'm currently at level 85 and I'd love to at least get the first re-up before Judgment comes out.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Count me in! I'm currently at level 85 and I'd love to at least get the first re-up before Judgment comes out.[/QUOTE]
You two are in luck. Apparently it's 10x XP this weekend. If you need another player I'd help.

Beat me to the 10xp announcement. I was gonna say I'm in anyway this weekend. I'll be on from 10pm ish to 3am ish est this weekend.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I would be down for some hoarde, also need some of the achievements if anyone has the DLC[/QUOTE]

If you need Foreshadowing, send me a message on LIVE.

[quote name='dotCody']If you need Foreshadowing, send me a message on LIVE.[/QUOTE]

guessing ur gamertag is datCody? will message you when I log on

[quote name='jdawgg76']Need the cheves too.[/QUOTE]

I will message you when I log on too, want to get them before Judgement comes out

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']guessing ur gamertag is datCody? will message you when I log on
[/QUOTE]
Im guessing "DOTcody" :cool:

[quote name='dennisb407']Im guessing "DOTcody" :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing I need to read while I'm typing :whistle2:# well I am about to log on so if anyone else wants to work on those achievements just message me on Xbox

So I haven't played this in forever and just started back when 7th number (I believe) mentioned the large XP, so now Im on my first level 63. Anywhoo when I used to play Beast the 12th round had us killing Prescott, but I played multiple games of Beast today and all the 12th round hero is Baird, but once the 12th round is complete you get that splash saying Prescott defeated

I played some Beast last night, and ALL the heroes are Baird right now. There were 6-8 Bairds running around on some of the later levels. Clearly, it must be a subtle Judgment promo.

bread's done
Back