Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

Managed to power thru 90 matches this weekend and 1 kill with the gold lancer. The recoil is so bad on the gold that getting 99 kills is going to be a pita for me.

The recoil on the Retro Lancer is bad, but you get used to it and it becomes your best friend.

I still have 11 matches to go still, but it'll be worth it.

I never ended up getting my Beta code for participating... not sure what's going on there with that. Told my buddy that I'd have one to give to him since he was interested but now it seems I won't be able to play it with him. Agh.

I seem to be getting better at Gears as time goes on, but I was in a match where someone on the other team had 29 kills in KOTH and the most I could get was around 11. Not sure how people are able to go crazy like that.

[quote name='nas6034']Managed to power thru 90 matches this weekend and 1 kill with the gold lancer. The recoil is so bad on the gold that getting 99 kills is going to be a pita for me.[/QUOTE]
I got most of my kills rushing people with it.

I've got an extra code for access to the last week of the beta if anyone wants it. Just PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I never ended up getting my Beta code for participating... not sure what's going on there with that. [/QUOTE]

Has anyone said all of them have been emailed out? I should be getting 3 but i havent gotten an email yet.

[quote name='changedman']Hope the retail version has Queen to be used in multiplayer mode. She's really hot!!![/QUOTE]

And if you lean on a wall and push the LS in to make her go up and down, over and over, it sounds like secks!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Has anyone said all of them have been emailed out? I should be getting 3 but i havent gotten an email yet.[/QUOTE]

The email that was sent to people before saying "You can earn 5 beta codes by doing (x)" said on the bottom that the codes would be sent by May 8th, which made me think that I won't be getting one since it's May 9th now. Here's to hoping, I guess.

No e-mail yet for my extra codes. But, I did get my 100 kills with the gold retro. Now, I've just to get some of the medals and ribbons for grins.

[quote name='Pirate331']I've got one beta code left, first person to reply to this post gets it.[/QUOTE]
reply!

[quote name='Stu_sjb137']C7MTG-MV7CT-6HMG4-9HP22-TJ4HZ
XXJGC-HQWKD-H92VG-TVWWQ-DFPTZ
HVTW7-FJK2R-7G9CX-DYKFM-7MKRZ

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Used

Thanks man!

[quote name='Stu_sjb137']C7MTG-MV7CT-6HMG4-9HP22-TJ4HZ
HVTW7-FJK2R-7G9CX-DYKFM-7MKRZ

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

C7MTG-MV7CT-6HMG4-9HP22-TJ4HZ

Thanks!

I got the e-mail with extra beta code today, but I never got the earlier e-mail saying when and how we were getting extra codes. And then I only got one code, when I'm fairly positive I fulfilled more than a few of the requirements for more codes. Oh well D:

are you sure?

• Purchase any “Gears of War” content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace (including a “Gears of War” Game Add-on, a “Gears of War” Games on Demand title, or a “Gears of War” Avatar item)
• Play 20 or more hours of the “Gears of War 3” beta (any time already spent in the beta will count toward this challenge)
• Add a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription to your existing account (purchased from retail or online)
• Play more than 100 hours of any “Gears of War” title, lifetime to date

After playing 4 rounds/maps of TDM, I have to say most people don't remember/don't know how to play Gears. People seem to have forgotten how to flank, take cover, and other basic things. Even movement and looking around with the camera. I just feel like I'm playing with people who have never touched Gears lol

I have 2 beta codes left to get rid of so if you blatant lurkers are desperate enough to wade through my Great Spoiler Wall of CAG I guess you deserve it. Well... not really. I'd prefer (as always) actual contributing members get them I just can't be bothered to ask in the usual fashion and want these off my hands asap.

MHY4C-G3W2J-R7FXP-YQQ66-JQY9Z

37X3D-KYMFJ-VYRQW-GGVW2-W749Z

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I have 2 beta codes left to get rid of so if you blatant lurkers are desperate enough to wade through my Great Spoiler Wall of CAG I guess you deserve it. Well... not really. I'd prefer (as always) actual contributing members get them I just can't be bothered to ask in the usual fashion and want these off my hands asap.

[/QUOTE]

I took the first one for my brother. I am dissapointed that I didn't get any codes, was anyone else expecting codes and didn't get them?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I have 2 beta codes left to get rid of so if you blatant lurkers are desperate enough to wade through my Great Spoiler Wall of CAG I guess you deserve it. Well... not really. I'd prefer (as always) actual contributing members get them I just can't be bothered to ask in the usual fashion and want these off my hands asap.

[/QUOTE]

I used the second code, thank you. I was surprised it hadn't been taken yet.

Lurkers are usually hanging out in the contest/free stuff forum. I'm not surprised their numbers are fewer here.

Still haven't gotten my two codes, but I'm not shocked... Seems like every e-mail Microsoft sends out is sporadic.

Ink.So.Well had such a great idea with his "Great Spoiler Wall of CAG" that I thought I'd follow his lead to give away my two Gears 3 beta codes.

Right over here:
2QPJV-M474K-VVFXQ-GKMG6-YVCFZ

KJ3VY-7KM3V-CC432-6D2TH-2VPWZ

^^^ Not a bad idea, lurkers have to go through all the spoilers, while registered people can just quote you and get the code 10 times faster.

Im still waiting for my 3 codes. Maybe ill get them before the beta is over.

another way to get beta codes is to search for them on twitter

i searched in my client for one and found it after searching "gears 3 code"

pretty cool!

So i got my codes finally, but only 2. WTF?

1. Should have gotten one for being in the beta.
2. Should have gotten one for playing more than 20 hours that week.
3. Should have gotten one for playing 100+ hours of Gears 1 + 2 + Add ons.

Oh well.

I got 2 codes, but have already sent them to friends. I'm wondering what 2 criteria I met. I'm thinking 20 hours of the beta and 100 hours on Gears games total.

Just hit 90 matches played, an overall K/D ratio of 1.0, and an overall W/L ratio of 1.0. It was a good day.

Now for 100 Gold Retro Lancer kills and 15 KOTH matches. Considering I got 54 kills in 5 KOTH matches when I started playing, getting 100 kills with the weapon I didn't use on that gametype should be relatively easy.

I have 1 more code to give away. PM me. Cannot be a CAG in Training. Edit: 74FWV-FHVXV-96GXQ-PMMMG-GTXPZ

Please post if you've taken it

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have got the one for over 100 hours in Gears/Gears 2, but I didn't get any at all. I was going to give that one to a friend, but I guess that is his problem. At least I got to play the beta.

[quote name='shinryuu']After playing 4 rounds/maps of TDM, I have to say most people don't remember/don't know how to play Gears. People seem to have forgotten how to flank, take cover, and other basic things. Even movement and looking around with the camera. I just feel like I'm playing with people who have never touched Gears lol[/QUOTE]
i think your talking about me :whistle2:(

[quote name='Jek Porkins']4K9HJ-FQ3J9-69PQJ-XQDY6-K2DTZ
JKJD7-PQGGK-D3K9H-DJKF6-JGMVZ

Please be nice enough to post that you've taken a code, but enjoy the beta! :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I used the bolded one. Thanks a lot man!

So...

tell me why this past week when Microsoft gave you 4 options to get 4 codes for your friends...

I didnt do ANYTHING of the options...

...yet get an email for 3 beta codes lol (already given away to friends dont ask)

JKH9W-XM6T9-VF3DF-KVGTM-X4P2Z

Gave my second to a buddy.

I haven't done anything that was required to get a code so I'm not sure why they sent it to me, but maybe I played wayyy too much of the beta lol.

bread's done
Back