Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

I'll have campaign done by end of Thursday. Haven't gotten a chance to play much yet.

oh and I have a suggestion for the 360voice contest. I'm a part of team #1 (apparently 3 teams?) and see that some users have zero gamerscore; this is likely because the person has their privacy settings to hide game history. It appears some people also have yet to even play Gears 3 (and some look like a brand new account - one guy on team #1 has under 100 gs total). Lastly are all the members actually from CAG?

Ok I'll actually create a group :cool:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=471

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just found out you can boost your K/D along with medals, ribbons, etc. by just doing private matches against bots. Went from a 0.9 to a 1.6 so guess I won't be doing that anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this a few pages ago.

In regards to the story, I thought at some point it would've mentioned that
Myyra was Marcus' mother or something. I've kinda thought that since Gears 2, I don't know why though.
Anyway, I'm probably going to start a 4-player Insane run tomorrow if anyone wants to join me.

[quote name='KingBroly']I mentioned this a few pages ago.

In regards to the story, I thought at some point it would've mentioned that
Myyra was Marcus' mother or something. I've kinda thought that since Gears 2, I don't know why though.
Anyway, I'm probably going to start a 4-player Insane run tomorrow if anyone wants to join me.[/QUOTE]

I might depending on what time. Gunna be busy during the day.

I played 2 online games for the first time today, king of the hill. More like king of the sawed off. LOL. Seriously it was a joke, 2 matches in im already tired of this noob gun. You will be shooting at someone and someone just rushes you, bam dead.

Just beat it on a solo/hardcore run and I really enjoyed the game. The difficulty wasn't too bad except for the final encounter. I'm positive I died more times during that last encounter than the rest of the campaign.

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks
ALSO CAGs in the #1 GROUP WE'RE LOSING TO TEH NUMBER 2 GROUP!! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP

I think i had more fun with gears of war 2. When i finished Gears 2 i wanted to replay it over right away and i did. Gears 3, while beautiful, great story, solid gameplay.... just seemed like it lacked variety and big moments against enemies. I think the story really saved the gameplay. This is pretty much how i remember the gameplay....

I dont think this is really a spoiler but ill use spoilers anyway....

start game... walk slow... boss battle... Act 1 Chapter 2.......Go from point A to point B that feels like a journey across the planet while stopping time to time to shoot enemies..........Act 5 chapter 6..... boss battle ... the end

I mean if it wasnt for the story, about 90% of the game felt empty. yeah you walk around, shoot enemies, walk more, shoot more enemies. But there didnt seem to be any cool moments, fun gameplay. Gears 2 really mixed it up with different things like a few driving levels, the level inside the worm was cool, flying level, riding a brumak, boss battles in the middle of the game. I cant even remember any boss battles from gears 3 except the 1 in the beginning and 1 at the end. Maybe im totally forgetting something?

On top of that, i didnt really like Jace or Griffin, and a few other characters were hardly in the game. I wont mention who. Maybe they are saving them for DLC campaign? IDK. Maybe i should replay the campaign again, but i mean for me, from what i remember, the story stands out, but the gameplay really doesnt that much.

just curious for people who pre ordered from amazon did you get your $20 credit yet? i got my codes but no credit. im waiting to use that to get the arkham city CE

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just found out you can boost your K/D along with medals, ribbons, etc. by just doing private matches against bots. Went from a 0.9 to a 1.6 so guess I won't be doing that anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it's boosting it from your little player card thing where it shows what your main COG character is, but when you go to the actual leaderboards and your stats, it's lower.

Playing with bots in private isn't necessarilly considered "versus".

Regarding Amazon, I got my $20 credit yesterday.

Oh and like Ink said a few pages back and this couldn't be stressed enough, if you're trying to win, DONT PLAY WITH RANDOMS, I'm stuck having to because only a couple people on my friends list play Gears so it's usually me and a friend, then 3 randoms and we usually end up losing even though we may go positive, I'm racking up my last man standing ribbons from playing with randoms............

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the season pass already. Not sure why as I could have just waited until November when the first DLC comes out.

Anyway, the only thing you get now is the liquid metal skin. I applied that to all my weapons except my gold retro lancer. It's funny when you have a weapon skin that most others don't. After someone kills me, the camera stays near my dead body for a bit. I see a lot of people picking up my liquid skinned weapons. :D

I'm being a real stat whore with this game and it's depressing, I had a 2 KDR in Gears 2 and I only have a 1.4 in 3, I know it's only been out a couple days but this Sawed off is really fucking me and my play style and I need to change it.

I lost it when I was using the gnasher the other night and shooting at someone, near point blank range and he missed me with the sawed off, then he double or triple melee'd me and I went down, I lost count but I think it's still double melee to down someone.

I was hitting him with my gnasher too but he just wouldn't die.

[quote name='hustletron']It looks like it's boosting it from your little player card thing where it shows what your main COG character is, but when you go to the actual leaderboards and your stats, it's lower.

Playing with bots in private isn't necessarilly considered "versus".

Regarding Amazon, I got my $20 credit yesterday.

Oh and like Ink said a few pages back and this couldn't be stressed enough, if you're trying to win, DONT PLAY WITH RANDOMS, I'm stuck having to because only a couple people on my friends list play Gears so it's usually me and a friend, then 3 randoms and we usually end up losing even though we may go positive, I'm racking up my last man standing ribbons from playing with randoms............[/QUOTE]

I played three matches with randoms last night and you are absolutely right. The first match I killed, but I got obliterated in the other two I played because I kept getting 1 v 3 or 4 in every battle.

Been enjoying MP with Shotguns of War, for the most part, minus the obviously known nonsense.

My K/D is 0.5, however. Probably because I refuse to ever use the Gnasher, but that's ok, I have fun. I know only one dude that plays with me and the rest are randoms, so of course we often lose.

Been really impressed with the campaign, but some people in this thread don't know what spoiler tags are for, so I may have to ditch it till I'm finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having fun on the first night but last night it was a real uphill struggle. I guess the people who play Gears a lot just needed time to adjust and party up, now my inexperience with the game is showing.

Still, it's a very well put together MP experience all in all.

Up to Act 2 in the Campaign MP and having a blast.
Its so damn fun.
Also played Beast and Horde mode. Lov the ticker.
And Horde mode in the stadium is crazy fun.
So glad i bought this game.

Yeah my K/D was like 21.5 or something cos i kept playing Private, Warzone, 1 round, fill with bots, casual so i could get the 100 MVP ribbons and unlock superstar cole. Each round took 2 minutes or less. But i dont care about my K/D really, sometimes i check it out but i dont play thinking about my K/D.

[quote name='wgpfly']Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
ALSO CAGs in the #1 GROUP WE'RE LOSING TO TEH NUMBER 2 GROUP!! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP[/QUOTE]

get people to join and signup :
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=471

also is there a way to actually see the gamerscore/achievements earned for a team (Gears 3 ones)? I plan to 1000 this by October 10 so no worries for team #1 ;) Both teams (apparently there's a third one too) should be able to rack up 25k easily by the end of the month.

[quote name='Seaworthyset']Is there anyone in the game with the Lambency avhievement ? So we can spread it towards all CAG members ?[/QUOTE]

Give it a few more days to spread and as soon as you get an execute you'll get it.

@sea I got the lambert so all cags just invite or friend request me. Looking to be apart of a good group for versus and not have a random one

[quote name='Seaworthyset']Is there anyone in the game with the Lambency avhievement ? So we can spread it towards all CAG members ?[/QUOTE]

I got it the first night after killing someone that also had it.

I really need some more people to play with, I'm tired of running solo or with 1 other person.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Voice360 CAG #2 is beating #1. Our first group that im in, has 10 people with 0 score so far. Team #2 is doing better and only have 3 duds so far. I got 315 points so far.

Here is what i was looking at

Team #1

Team #2[/QUOTE]

Im hoping that those ten get some time in this weekend...sucks but it is still soon. Im hoping to put time into the campaign this weekend myself.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Im hoping that those ten get some time in this weekend...sucks but it is still soon. Im hoping to put time into the campaign this weekend myself.[/QUOTE]

Hehehehe I'm #15 out of 40 on our Group 2, can't wait to get some more in tonight.

There is some weird stuff going on with those groups... CAG #1 has the same gamertag listed twice, and CAG #2 has 41 gamertags instead of 40.

30 days is a lot of time, as everyone finishes the campaign the scores are going to start ticking up a lot slower.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']So is the MP in this still about rolling around and wildly firing shotguns at each other?[/QUOTE]
Yes and no. Somebody like me who's okay with a Lancer and hopeless with a shotgun can still have fun and rack up a few kills (I even managed an MVP ribbon last night, woo!). But you will be at an undeniable disadvantage to the players who have a good short-range game.

Its more of people charging in and rolling into you with a double barrel in your face! Haha, but I love it when I dodge there one shot from the DBS and they are screwed. Lancer is my go to gun clip is huge and active reloaded OMG taken out about 4 people with one clip. I do use the gnasher but not as good with it. Still learning.

Beat all 50 waves in Horde on Normal last night, on Gridlock. It got really tough around wave 40 or so. Wave 50 we had to fight two Brumaks one after another while Boomers were spawning on the opposite side fucking shit up. It was the most fun I've had in the game so far.

Hmm, doesn't sound too bad then. I'd probably give it a try, but alas, no xbox live gold. And none of my buddies have any 48 hour codes. Woe is me. Playing Horde by yourself is fun, but it gets mega hard around wave 5 or so. Or maybe I just suck.

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
LOOKING TO FILL A THIRD GROUP!!
ALSO CAGs LETS GET TWO TEAMS IN TOP 3 WE CAN DO IT!!

I have it. I'll be glad to give it to you. You'll kill me easily, even if I try to stop you.

Seriously? It's a viral achievement. In a few days, almost every single Gears player will have it. Just play the game normally and you're guaranteed to get it. =\

I got the Lambency Achievement. It didn't take long for it to spread so I'm pretty sure if you killed 1 person in any match now you'd get it.

I wonder how long it will be until someone legitimately gets Seriously 3.0? This definitely seems to cross the 'no insane achievements' rule Microsoft laid a few years ago, erases it, then re-draws it 5 miles down the line.

Also, I'm currently using my Arcade Stick to get an Onyx Medal in Campaign :\

[quote name='sublime90']just curious for people who pre ordered from amazon did you get your $20 credit yet? i got my codes but no credit. im waiting to use that to get the arkham city CE[/QUOTE]

i got it tuesday afternoon.

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder how long it will be until someone legitimately gets Seriously 3.0? This definitely seems to cross the 'no insane achievements' rule Microsoft laid a few years ago, erases it, then re-draws it 5 miles down the line.[/QUOTE]
I've seen an estimate of 2000 hours. Crazy.

And yeah, I unlocked Lambency the very first time I chainsawed someone, in the first match I played. It's not something you need to boost for.

bread's done
Back