Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

FYI: If you did the "gold guns"play release week to get the gold lancer & hammy then you will get the flame *but if you got reset you will not get the flame-retro from what I'm hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
got my flaming retro!

also ive noticed that have a new "forces of nature" playlist between regular and private. I guess that opens up more spots to make playlists. Probably where guardian will be.

[quote name='dotCody']The Jew Pass only covers four add-ons?[/QUOTE]

yes, we have known this from the beginning. The season pass was for 4 specific DLCs, forces of nature will be the last.

[quote name='KingBroly']'3/28: Season Pass 2 announced!'

Calling it now.[/QUOTE]

Seems like it will happen, there are more leaked maps that havent been out yet... one being day one, which i hate. But im pretty sure season pass 2 will be out sooner than later. Another 30 dollars, which i cant complain because the more gears DLC the better IMO. I just hope there is another campaign chapter similar to RAAMs shadow.

I don't know, another season pass with no possibility of gamerscore attached to the DLC might be a tough sell. I know not everybody cares about achievements but a lot of people do. If they always intended to have a second season pass then they could have easily had the first group of DLC go to 1500 instead of 2000.

It'd have to be a cheaper Season Pass with no achievements. They're also probably making a Campaign Chapter that answers a lot of questions they forgot to answer during the Main Campaign.

I also hope at some point they either make Onyx Medals easier to get and stop the BS with that stuff or come out with new ones that are inherently easier to get.

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, why did I think it came out today?[/QUOTE]Maybe you got it confused with the Title Update which came out today. I kept thinking they were coming out the same day until I realised that it was the ninteenth yesterday.

[quote name='popular penguin']Ivory Skin will be unlockable!!
Stats & Awards => Challenges => Weapon Skins => Unlock Ivory Skin Set => Earned 'I've Got This' achievement[/QUOTE]

There is also a "FL4K" set....

No Flame Retro for me I guess. I have gold Lancer and Hammy, but in the game it says for having them in Gears 2. I think I played campaign only the first week and missed out on the first event. Oh well.

I like Ivory, Midnight & UV. Looks good on paper but we'll see how they look in game.

You know I asked if the Fenix rising maps were part of the Horde rotation last week, because I had not played on any of the maps on Random since it came out, but a couple days after... I finally got to play random horde on Academy, then Anvil and then escalation...with the usual checkout, Blood drive, and overpass thrown in. Can't wait for the new map pack.

So i guess they changed jacinto a bit.

- No more sniper in the first round, its a digger instead. Torque is in the 2nd round.

- Back wall that kept enemies from getting up to the nade rooms from behind is gone. Now you can go up from the back.

Really dont like how they removed the back wall. Thats not going to make guardian any better.

Just bought 800 Microsoft points on my account to get ready for tomorrows release :) so excited for forces of nature! I miss playing guardian!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hate that they made these available early to some people, just fucking release them early already. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a problem with them doing it. Just like I have a problem with Capcom doing pre-release tournaments for High Level Fighting Game Players.

Horde tonight anyone? Jacinto cleaver has been found already so that might be a good map to start with.

Also Guardian must be done on public matches both the 10 kills and win each map. Bag and tag can be private. And than just the beast and horde modes. The fortifications achievements pop once you complete any game if you had it done already

[quote name='kklems']Horde tonight anyone? Jacinto cleaver has been found already so that might be a good map to start with.[/QUOTE]
I'm down.

Im down for any achievements tonight. Man the guardian one might be hard, hopefully i can get a match vs bots late at night lol.

Im downloading it now... i quit out of the game and started to redownload it with the recent downloads list and it seems to be going really slow. Like the light that flickers on my modem/router stops off and on when it should be flickering constantly. hmmmm

I wonder if they did the same thing with this map pack as they did with the first one. I couldn't use dedicated servers at all before buying that first map pack. Either way it doesn't matter to me because I'm going to buy it anyway.

[quote name='The 7th Number']1:17 pm - 5%
1:57 pm - 31%

seems really slow for a sub 400mb file. :/[/QUOTE]
Downloaded in about 10-15 minutes for me this morning. :p

Lucky you! Ryu LOL

Im at 58% at 2:35.... i went to check my percentage and it said i was offline and had to connect to xbox. WTF! But i did and so far my download light has been flickering constantly, so maybe it boosted the speed. LOL

78% at 2:44... wow.. i guess everyone finished downloading and im the only one left lol.

94% at 2:50

100% at 2:53 YAAAA!!!!

Here's a trick for all those of you who download slow. Start the download from Gears 3, cancel it, go to your dashboard, go to your download history, re-download from there. 90% of the time, its faster than downloading straight from the game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's a trick for all those of you who download slow. Start the download from Gears 3, cancel it, go to your dashboard, go to your download history, re-download from there. 90% of the time, its faster than downloading straight from the game.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i did and it was slow, didnt get fast until i was booted from xbox live.

So far i like the maps. Everyone is baird. Sponging going on... shot a guy twice in the back and once as he ran away and nothing TROLOLOL. Also seems like they nerfed the retro and made it kick less. I could be wrong. I havent played MP that much lately.

Got up to 6 kills as guardian leader before we killed their leader and i somehow got headshot by a bot with a sniper even though i was shooting him as he shot me. lol

Sawed off is in guardian but i havent run into many using it. Hopefully it stays that way.

I havent seen the game dominated by Gnashers. But man i love me some guardian. I was just playing a game on jactino, and it was me vs a full team. I killed the leader, and then 3 more till it was 1 vs 1 but it ended in a stalemate since dude wanted to camp in the nade room but there wasnt enough time for me to get any weapons that could force him out. I think the digger actually works really well on jacinto. With it you can push them out of their nade base. With the sniper, people would just take it back to their side and snipe which doesnt really make the game flow as good.

Ok for those that want elemental cleaver kills go into a private horde match with 2 players and put on comet for a mutator. When you roadie with the cleaver and get a comet kill it counts. Also don't switch weapons or it is gone, once you run out of ammo it is gone. You have to restart from scratch not continue to get a new cleaver. Just need my 5 maps of beast, 50 waves of horde, lambent bezerker and kills as guardian and this DLC is finished.
BTW does anyone have their guardian kills fill up? I have gotten 4-5 and nothing has shown up.
OH crap just saw it was 10 in a round I am never going to get 10 kills in a round.

[quote name='kklems']Ok for those that want elemental cleaver kills go into a private horde match with 2 players and put on comet for a mutator. When you roadie with the cleaver and get a comet kill it counts. Also don't switch weapons or it is gone, once you run out of ammo it is gone. You have to restart from scratch not continue to get a new cleaver. Just need my 5 maps of beast, 50 waves of horde, lambent bezerker and kills as guardian and this DLC is finished.
BTW does anyone have their guardian kills fill up? I have gotten 4-5 and nothing has shown up.
OH crap just saw it was 10 in a round I am never going to get 10 kills in a round.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll have to try that later today, thanks.

hmmm i got the force multiplier achievement but the flak skins arent unlocked. Wonder if it had anything to do with me joining a game from the end of the game i unlocked it in.

Mech Baird sounds like dizzy or sometimes Gomer Pyle.

Thanks to everyone who helped grind out some Horde achievements tonight. Maybe we can do Beast tomorrow.

I still have a few stragglers that I need from RAAM's DLC... the one where you execute Min as RAAM and the reflect shield kills one. Anyone else need those and wanna work on them sometime?

I'm digging the new maps... Not sure I'll ever be able to get most of these Map Pack Cheevos... 10 kills as Guardian won't be easy.

anyone know what places sell the season pass? also has epic mentioned any more dlc after this 4th?

I ask this every few weeks, but I'm level 98 or 99 now and don't want to gain xp and stay with the wings...

bread's done
Back