Gears of War - General Discussion 2 - Re-release 6/24 w/Maps and Extras (No PC Stuff)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Trakan and zoo sorry I could not get with you guys. If Trakan was host my system was showing him as offline (for 17 minutes) even though I knew he was online (he sent me two messages) so maybe there was some conflict that didn't allow us to play together.[/QUOTE]

supposedly if you put your status offline while trying to join a game, it wont let you.

[quote name='help1']I want to be surprised by DLC anyday now...[/QUOTE]

Whatever the surprise is, I hope they at least fix the massively exploited roadie run with the chainsaw bug soon. Everyone is doing it and it's really lame.

[quote name='RobotSimp']good games tonight

happy valentines rolento ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah ggs... sorry I had to end it early... damn school forcing me to turn in about 30 pictures of naked people >_<

can anyone explain the fist kill icon? it popped up multiple times during some of our games...

anyone been in the water on Act 2? The part where there is the cart on the zip line over the water,and one person has to crank the wheel while the other shoots the locust. I was just playing co-op with a buddy and we both got on the little trolly thing and I ran to the wheel to get us going. He then saw a shotgun laying on the ground so he went to get off, but I had already started moving so he rolled off the trolly and there was a gap between the land and trolly and he landed in the water. He could run around freely and he ran so far back I couldn't see him on my screen, but he came across a bridge and and said it all was solid. We couldn't experiment more as he had to go to work, but if any CAG is down and wants to experiment with this let me now I would like to test this out.

[quote name='mr ryles']anyone been in the water on Act 2? The part where there is the cart on the zip line over the water,and one person has to crank the wheel while the other shoots the locust. I was just playing co-op with a buddy and we both got on the little trolly thing and I ran to the wheel to get us going. He then saw a shotgun laying on the ground so he went to get off, but I had already started moving so he rolled off the trolly and there was a gap between the land and trolly and he landed in the water. He could run around freely and he ran so far back I couldn't see him on my screen, but he came across a bridge and and said it all was solid. We couldn't experiment more as he had to go to work, but if any CAG is down and wants to experiment with this let me now I would like to test this out.[/quote]

I try that!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Whatever the surprise is, I hope they at least fix the massively exploited roadie run with the chainsaw bug soon. Everyone is doing it and it's really lame.[/QUOTE]

agreed that shit is annoying.

hey yo anybody got overhead views of Raven Down and Old Bones..or know where I can get a look? Thanks in advance..i apologize if this has already been asked, but damn, someones gotta have it out there somewhere

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']hey yo anybody got overhead views of Raven Down and Old Bones..or know where I can get a look? Thanks in advance..i apologize if this has already been asked, but damn, someones gotta have it out there somewhere[/QUOTE]

why do you need overviews for these levels? To know of weapon locations?

if so, here is the following...

Raven Down - Grenades in two trucks backs next to two starting locations

Old Bones - Sniper Rifle - In Open Area in the Center of the level on opposite side as grenades
Grenades - two sets on area on the opposite side of the level as the sniper rifle
Boom Shot - In the most center part of the level next to the steel barrier dividing main area from grenade area

[quote name='lordopus99']why do you need overviews for these levels? To know of weapon locations?[/quote]

nope..need em to submit for my clan, so that we can set rally points and strategize about stuff..just makes it easier..thanks for trying though

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']nope..need em to submit for my clan, so that we can set rally points and strategize about stuff..just makes it easier..thanks for trying though[/quote]

Not to sound like an ass or anything, but isn't it kind of pointless to rally on Raven Down? Don't most matches on the map only last like a minute or two tops?

Just curious, thats all.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not to sound like an ass or anything, but isn't it kind of pointless to rally on Raven Down? Don't most matches on the map only last like a minute or two tops?

Just curious, thats all.[/quote]

Believe it or not, I was actually in the thinking process of getting my friends together and using a grid for Clocktower for competitive play. For example, split up each area into codes have force everyone to study and recognize everything. "2 enemies in area foxtrot" or "2 advance bravo point, 2 advance charlie point" that sort of stuff. I even thought about giving each team member a 1-2 syllabal code name so messages are fast and clear. Uh...I would also advise no English during our matches just to distract and confuse.

yeah, it sounds crazy, but I have thought about it. No, I never got a team going.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not to sound like an ass or anything, but isn't it kind of pointless to rally on Raven Down? Don't most matches on the map only last like a minute or two tops?

Just curious, thats all.[/quote]

i understand what you're saying...all I am trying to do is help out my guys...having the 2 new maps w/an overhead view could help that. On raven down, I have found a lot more success in active reloading and waiting for n00bs to come to you to get their heads blown off shotty status anyways...so I hear ya, but there is reason for wanting these. IF ANYONE HAS THEM OR KNOWS HOW PLZ LET ME KNOW..otherwise, criticism is just flooding this topic and hiding my real question

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']i understand what you're saying...all I am trying to do is help out my guys...having the 2 new maps w/an overhead view could help that. On raven down, I have found a lot more success in active reloading and waiting for n00bs to come to you to get their heads blown off shotty status anyways...so I hear ya, but there is reason for wanting these. IF ANYONE HAS THEM OR KNOWS HOW PLZ LET ME KNOW..otherwise, criticism is just flooding this topic and hiding my real question[/QUOTE]

No one is criticizing you, they're trying to help... Anyway, you should just draw these in photoshop/scan yourself, you'll learn more.

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']i understand what you're saying...all I am trying to do is help out my guys...having the 2 new maps w/an overhead view could help that. On raven down, I have found a lot more success in active reloading and waiting for n00bs to come to you to get their heads blown off shotty status anyways...so I hear ya, but there is reason for wanting these. IF ANYONE HAS THEM OR KNOWS HOW PLZ LET ME KNOW..otherwise, criticism is just flooding this topic and hiding my real question[/quote]

Alright cool. Thanks for feeding my curiousness.

Good luck with finding these.

Anyone notice the increase in host sniper whores in this game lately. It seems like there is one in almost every room I go into. They all do the same the exact things.

Steps to being a whore:

1. Make sure you host every time so that no one can stop you from getting the sniper rifle.

2. Once you get the sniper, do nothing but active reload body shots. Melee or host shotty anyone that can get past your shots.

3. Turn off the Torque Bow and Boom Shot since they can actually give the rest of the players a chance against a host sniper whore. Can't have that.

4. Stack your team with the best players whenever possible.

5. Brag constantly about how awesome you are after doing all of the above.

[quote name='Puzznic']Anyone notice the increase in host sniper whores in this game lately. It seems like there is one in almost every room I go into. They all do the same the exact things.

Steps to being a whore:

1. Make sure you host every time so that no one can stop you from getting the sniper rifle.

2. Once you get the sniper, do nothing but active reload body shots. Melee or host shotty anyone that can get past your shots.

3. Turn off the Torque Bow and Boom Shot since they can actually give the rest of the players a chance against a host sniper whore. Can't have that.

5. Brag constantly about how awesome you are after doing all of the above.[/QUOTE]

The quick answer is to host your own games and don't play like that.

[quote name='thrustbucket']The quick answer is to host your own games and don't play like that.[/QUOTE]

I would, but I don't out of respect to the other players. I get a decent amount of kills as it is, with host it wouldn't be fair to everyone else. Thats not fun fo me.

I'm the kind of player that thinks the weakest player in the room should host. I used to have a good group of friends that had the same thinking but some of them don't like Gears and a few of them have turned into the type of whores outlined earlier. It might be time make some changes to my friends list.

I'm hoping for a Halo type matchmaking system where the host is picked randomly. Halo 2 might have had some problems but their online system was brilliant. It's a shame that after over 2 years we have taken 10 steps back for this game online.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Am I the only one whose hosted games can never be seen by others?[/quote]

if you mean that they can't see your host name, then no, you're not the only one. The patch fixed that. But if you mean you go to host a ranked game and sit in the lobby by yourself for 20 minutes and nobody joins, it because of your ranking. I found that after I got my 50 hosted games achievement, my rooms fill up like an ER on ST. Patty's Day. But when I first started hosting, I had to convince people to keep joining my games, to get that achievement. Once you get a full room, tell those people that the next game will be (for example) a 6 round execution match at the Canals. They will set those exact preferences and search for canals in the game channel. Works great as long as you don't use host advantage too overwhelmingly and piss of the guys you're trying to get to follow you.

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']if you mean that they can't see your host name, then no, you're not the only one. The patch fixed that. But if you mean you go to host a ranked game and sit in the lobby by yourself for 20 minutes and nobody joins, it because of your ranking. I found that after I got my 50 hosted games achievement, my rooms fill up like an ER on ST. Patty's Day. But when I first started hosting, I had to convince people to keep joining my games, to get that achievement. Once you get a full room, tell those people that the next game will be (for example) a 6 round execution match at the Canals. They will set those exact preferences and search for canals in the game channel. Works great as long as you don't use host advantage too overwhelmingly and piss of the guys you're trying to get to follow you.[/quote]

Thats what I do too.

[quote name='TRULYBLESSED']But if you mean you go to host a ranked game and sit in the lobby by yourself for 20 minutes and nobody joins, it because of your ranking. I found that after I got my 50 hosted games achievement, my rooms fill up like an ER on ST. Patty's Day. But when I first started hosting, I had to convince people to keep joining my games, to get that achievement. Once you get a full room, tell those people that the next game will be (for example) a 6 round execution match at the Canals. They will set those exact preferences and search for canals in the game channel. Works great as long as you don't use host advantage too overwhelmingly and piss of the guys you're trying to get to follow you.[/quote]Really? Damn. I didn't think that ranking had anything to do with it because of the room system.
Meh, looks like I'll be hosting 1 round games for a while then.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Really? Damn. I didn't think that ranking had anything to do with it because of the room system.
Meh, looks like I'll be hosting 1 round games for a while then.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan to me.

You going to be around tonight for some co-op?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Sounds like a plan to me.

You going to be around tonight for some co-op?[/quote]Not too late tonight, because I have a test and quiz tomorrow, but I'll probably get on in a few hours or so.
Are you still playing through on Insane?

[quote name='Puzznic']Anyone notice the increase in host sniper whores in this game lately. It seems like there is one in almost every room I go into. They all do the same the exact things.

Steps to being a whore:

5. Brag constantly about how awesome you are after doing all of the above.[/quote]

As for #3, search for games who don't have "switched weapons" its an option on the find a match area.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Not too late tonight, because I have a test and quiz tomorrow, but I'll probably get on in a few hours or so.
Are you still playing through on Insane?[/quote]

Yeah, I am at the point where you first get the torque bow.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, I am at the point where you first get the torque bow.[/quote]Ah.

Turns out I can't get on tonight, sorry. I was out during the day longer than I expected.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Ah.

Turns out I can't get on tonight, sorry. I was out during the day longer than I expected.[/quote]

Its all good, I have been playing Enchanted Arms (yeah, laugh it up). I will probably be on a little bit tomorrow, after playing some Madden and NBA 2K6

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, I am at the point where you first get the torque bow.[/QUOTE]

I'm at the same point. So, if you'll be on later tonight (after 11 or so), add me and I'll work through a bit with you.

I really should do some homework right now...

394470144_168d66ca96.jpg

not the best, but decent.

[quote name='Callandor']I'm at the same point. So, if you'll be on later tonight (after 11 or so), add me and I'll work through a bit with you.

I really should do some homework right now...[/quote]

I'll try to hit you up tomorrow night, if I get on after House/Veronica Mars.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I'll try to hit you up tomorrow night, if I get on after House/Veronica Mars.[/QUOTE]

Deal, I should be on later tonight once I'm done correcting tests.

Anyone want to play some ranked matches later? fucking every game I have played today has had a dropper, and almost always the dropper has been on my team. Getting really annoying.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Probably around 8 or 9 est. After I finish my laundry I need to go shopping and I have to read a book for class.[/quote]
I just finished up my 1500 points for the Rewards Challenge so back to Gears it is...I should be on around this time tonight if you guys feel like throwin' out an invite.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I'm up for it later tonight, as I've been getting kinda sick of Crackdown.

What time (and time zone)?[/quote]

Want to play some co-op around 8 ET? Then go to ranked matches. I've only got about 3 or 4 days of gold left, and it'll be a few weeks before I get another subscription.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Want to play some co-op around 8 ET? Then go to ranked matches. I've only got about 3 or 4 days of gold left, and it'll be a few weeks before I get another subscription.[/quote]I think I can wrangle that. I may be a bit late as I'm going to dinner at my neighbors, but I'll be leaving within the next 20 minutes or so.
7 CST it is.

I got my Xbox turned on and am ready to play. If anyone else wants to join liquid and I just hit me up with a friend request or send me a message.

Just sent you a friend request caseyryback. Hopefully we can get some good games tonight. I haven't played gow in quite some time now.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Anyone want to play some ranked matches later? fucking every game I have played today has had a dropper, and almost always the dropper has been on my team. Getting really annoying.[/QUOTE]

I've been having the same problem lately. I'm sick and tired of it. Even if you lose, lose with grace and take down as many people as you can!

bread's done
Back