Gears Of War Late Night Event - Saturday 10/21

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
On the 21st of October, those of you lucky enough to live next to a participating EB Games store can see some exclusive Gears of War footage for a whole hour after the store has closed. Along with that, you also get to take home some nice goodies.
From the email sent to subscribers:
After participating stores close, customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies. While supplies last, FREE lanyards, pins and gamer id tags will be given to those who attend.
In addition you can purchase either a 3-month or 12-month Xbox Live Kit at $5 OFF the regular price. Stores will only be open one hour for this event. Contact your local EB Games/GameStop to confirm participation and event details.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1804

I haven't gotten such email, so not sure where exactly this is happening at.

[quote name='thrustbucket']As much as this seems cool, I don't think I could show up. Something creeps me out about the types of folks I'd have to hob nob with and tolerate. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm doing it just for the freebies... I expect that type of stuff will be worth something.

I just talked to the manager at my local EB and he was just reading the email when I asked about it. He told me that if they get the promotional material then they are going to do it. I'll call back on Friday to see what's up.

i love going to to pick up games after a midnight release and listen to the workers talk about the idiots that show up at midnight... kids kicking and screaming... hilarious.. i'll never go to that...

Got the e-mail but I don't think I'll go. I have the feeling it's going to be quite a lame thing where probably 5 people show up and they just run a VHS with like 5 minutes of footage and then hand out a bunch of cheap promotional shit. Like others said, if you could play the game or if they gave you something cool like a Gears faceplate or a large poster or something, I might have gone.

Pity I work till 9:30 that night, though I'm sure I could bribe the workers to save me some promo stuff by offering them free chicken for it. Hell, I got them to deliver my DS Lite to me at work in exchange for free food for two of the employees. And one of the GS workers also works at the Orange Julius right next to my store, so they just love me at this point.

Ah, the corruption of KFC... fatty food has power over GS workers.

I agree with the person who talked about the creepy ass people who you would have to endure to get this stuff. Lots of freaking miss guided people who would try to draw you into talking with them by saying stupid stuff like "I hear you can use your vision camera to control the player." "Oh I hear its 38 levels long and the plot ties in with Halo and FEAR both."

Dealing with fucking stupid people < missing out on free swag

Even thought it will be stupid, It will be me and 2 other GS employees and they'll give me a 1/3rd of whatevers there so I'm down

[quote name='graf1k']Got the e-mail but I don't think I'll go. I have the feeling it's going to be quite a lame thing where probably 5 people show up and they just run a VHS with like 5 minutes of footage and then hand out a bunch of cheap promotional shit. Like others said, if you could play the game or if they gave you something cool like a Gears faceplate or a large poster or something, I might have gone.[/QUOTE]

yeah that would be sweet a free GOW faceplate

"Customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies."

F*ck them! Censorship like this is crazy! And they put is in such a rude way too.

I can't wait to get my freebies. If there are any extras, I will hook up some CAGs too pussy to wear there nerdiness on their sleeves.

[quote name='Kendal']I can't wait to get my freebies. If there are any extras, I will hook up some CAGs too pussy to wear there nerdiness on their sleeves.[/quote]

I'm going to try to go but might not be able to, if you do get extras, LMK. :D

The goodies:

gowgoodiesxp6.jpg

[quote name='getmyrunon']The goodies:

[/quote]

pretty decent stuff...hey at least i'll have a picture pack now (never wnted to spend actual money for pictures or themes :lol:)

plus i can see some kind of necklace or something of the sort on the left

Cool Springs (Nashville, TN) EB is doing this, if anyone cares. I don't know if I'll go. I hit that store pretty hard last night, but I didn't get to go to either GS down there, so I may hit those stores and then swing over to the EB for the lanyard, etc.

I talked to the guy at the GameStop where I preorder my Wife's Wii and he said that all he got to give away are some pins and a lot of posters as of yesterday, he was even willing to give me one of each right there and then since that GameStop is a whole in the wall and almost no bussines for it in that area.....

Poster was ok, pin nah, I was expecing more like Lanyards or faceplates...

not going anyways even do I would like to see the video, but i got a good feeling is going to be all over youtube next day..

[quote name='obijuan71']not going anyways even do I would like to see the video, but i got a good feeling is going to be all over youtube next day..[/QUOTE]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXOqiPYyew[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wAXlqD5T6I[/MEDIA]

:lol:

And if you're gonna dump the pin and it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it. Not so much for me, but my brother's hyped for the game and I'm not hardcore enough to track down a participating Gamestop and hit it up at 9PM on a Saturday night. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it though. :)

[quote name='obijuan71']I talked to the guy at the GameStop where I preorder my Wife's Wii and he said that all he got to give away are some pins and a lot of posters as of yesterday, he was even willing to give me one of each right there and then since that GameStop is a whole in the wall and almost no bussines for it in that area.....

Poster was ok, pin nah, I was expecing more like Lanyards or faceplates...

not going anyways even do I would like to see the video, but i got a good feeling is going to be all over youtube next day..[/QUOTE]

The employees prolly cherry picked anything good. One local Gamestop (Clark & Diversey) that is having this event just let the clerks take home whatever promo stuff they wanted when it came in on Thursday.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']"Customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies."

F*ck them! Censorship like this is crazy! And they put is in such a rude way too.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure it's because it's an M rated game.

finally got ahold of the eb by me. said they are giving avay posters adn are doing a 30% extra trade credit toward the game. but didnt mention the extras mentioned here. :???:

I have 5 extra theme and pic pack cards. I also have one for Linkin Prime since he asked me. I will think of a good fair way to give these extra cards away. Please no begging or filling my PM box. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Kendal']I have 5 extra theme and pic pack cards. I also have one for Linkin Prime since he asked me. I will think of a good fair way to give these extra cards away. Please no begging or filling my PM box. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Thanks so much man. I was going to go but I think I have the stomach flu.

[quote name='Kendal']I have 5 extra theme and pic pack cards. I also have one for Linkin Prime since he asked me. I will think of a good fair way to give these extra cards away. Please no begging or filling my PM box. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Cool beans, how does the Theme look?

Yeah, me either. I am guessing they will be up after all the time zones have finished? That or it is another famous XBLM late to the party.

bread's done
Back