Gears of War - Official Drop?

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!
Any idea when an "official" drop for Gears of War is coming? It is about a year old, and I figured once Orange Box and Halo 3 hit, the drop would be coming. Yet, I am still checking, and everywhere around me (and my normal online haunts) it's still full price.

[quote name='lordxixor101']Any idea when an "official" drop for Gears of War is coming? It is about a year old, and I figured once Orange Box and Halo 3 hit, the drop would be coming. Yet, I am still checking, and everywhere around me (and my normal online haunts) it's still full price.[/QUOTE]
Not to be rude but how would anyone on here know when a game is going to drop in price?

Not to mention the fact that if there was even the slightest rumor of a price drop we'd have 13 threads all titled "OMFG GEARS PRICE DROP!"

[quote name='DomLando']Not to be rude but how would anyone on here know when a game is going to drop in price?[/quote]

Price Drop? Probably in the works...

CompUSA already has this title listed as Discontinued. Doesn't mean there's a future price drop could just mean they gonna come out with a new version bundled with something (ex. Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty 3 Gold Version).

Should this game have a price drop? If I were them I wouldn't drop the price till after X-Mas. The game is still selling relatively well considering all the competition out there now (Halo 3, Orange Box, etc.).

Will this game ever be a Platinum Hit? Probably but not in the foreseable future. Like I said this game is still selling well at its price point so these companies will milk it for all it's worth.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']you should change the title of the thread to "When will Gears of War have a price drop". I came here thinking it got one.[/quote]

ditto I was about to go out and buy it until I saw this was just asking when :cry:

[quote name='buckythekat']ditto I was about to go out and buy it until I saw this was just asking when :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry about that. My thought was that since this was a "request a deal" forum, that it would be implied I was asking.

For the other persons, I don't consider it rude. Many people on the forum work for Gamestop and other places, they may have heard something about when a drop might occur. I was mearly surprised, since I somewhat expected a drop to be hitting about now, after the Halo hype started dying down.

[quote name='buckythekat']ditto I was about to go out and buy it until I saw this was just asking when :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, this is the request forum. Common sense would dictate that this is a request.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, this is the request forum. Common sense would dictate that this is a request.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I saw it off the front page and didn't look at what category it was in.

bread's done
Back