Gears of War , Splinter Cell $44.99 this Sunday at CC

Toppdog60

CAG Veteran
Starting this Sunday both Splinter Cell and Gears of War for the 360 will be $44.99. This special will run through the following Saturday, and is an instore price. I have some connections at Circuit City have seen this Sunday's add with my own eyes. Sorry i dont have more proof. But Check the add this Sunday.

[quote name='xplode427']sure it deserves its own post, but give credit to speedy and mention w/ ggc it's $40 each:D[/quote]

GGC? im new...fill me in

[quote name='xplode427']sure it deserves its own post, but give credit to speedy and mention w/ ggc it's $40 each:D[/QUOTE]

Weekly thread = Speedy.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Appreciate the post, but the weekly ad covered it.

Although, this is a good enough deal that it warrants it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

I always pass up the ads thread, so these extra threads always help me out. Besides, almost 3/4ths of all the deals ever postes in this forum either A) doesn't apply to me or B) gone by the time I see it. So at least with these deals I can actually attempt to get in.

I must be missing something, but the weekly ads thread says that GoW and COD 3 are 59.99 each at CC.

These are great deals for two awesome games. Great story and and fun multiplayer on both. Two thumbs up and highly recommended, especially CoD3 online.

[quote name='Toppdog60']GGC? im new...fill me in[/quote]

Gamer Gift Card = $5 coupon off a $20+ game that comes attached to many gift cards found at Best Buy. (they are sometimes hard to find depending on your location)

You can take the CC ad to Best Buy, have them match the price, AND use the GGC to get even more off.

GOOD STUFF!

[quote name='gsr']I must be missing something, but the weekly ads thread says that GoW and COD 3 are 59.99 each at CC.[/QUOTE]

Check your dates on this one, and look again.

Anyhow, it seems as if there is another discrepancy. GoW is listed correctly on Speedy's posting, but they have another game, SC:DA, as the second $34.99 game and not CoD3. So which is it, or is it both?

[quote name='gsr']I must be missing something, but the weekly ads thread says that GoW and COD 3 are 59.99 each at CC.[/quote]

Not the current add. The add that comes out this SundAY

my bad..sorry guys. Just zoned out for a minute and thought THIS sunday was going to be the 26th for some reason.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Gamer Gift Card = $5 coupon off a $20+ game that comes attached to many gift cards found at Best Buy. (they are sometimes hard to find depending on your location)

You can take the CC ad to Best Buy, have them match the price, AND use the GGC to get even more off.

GOOD STUFF![/quote]

YMMV on this one, often BB will not let you use the GGC with a pricematch.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I always pass up the ads thread, so these extra threads always help me out. Besides, almost 3/4ths of all the deals ever postes in this forum either A) doesn't apply to me or B) gone by the time I see it. So at least with these deals I can actually attempt to get in.[/QUOTE]

Um.. then maybe you should bother to read the ad threads?

Not so hard to click a sticky at the top of the page and give it 30 seconds of your time.

Forget about the GGC at BestBuy, CircuitCity have their own $5 off GOW or SC : DA coupon in their free buyer's guide. Hopefully, the coupon will be applicable on sales items...CC's system is kinda kooky.

so its splinte cell and not call of duty? dang...rather have call of duty for that price...just have to use the 20 off 50 @ buy.com if its still goin on

[quote name='lawdood']YMMV on this one, often BB will not let you use the GGC with a pricematch.[/quote]

I verified with the customer service desk that you could use the GGC on a price match. I specifically showed her the $5 coupon on the back of the plastic case and she smiled at me and said YES! I'm going to get both GOW(my 2nd copy for sys link) and SC:DA Add in a $5 reward zone coup I got and the GCC's that I already bought and I'll get each game for like $37.50!!

[quote name='scorpers']I verified with the customer service desk that you could use the GGC on a price match. [/QUOTE]

AGAIN, YMMV.

[quote name='zackL04']so its splinte cell and not call of duty? dang...rather have call of duty for that price...just have to use the 20 off 50 @ buy.com if its still goin on[/quote]

Yaeh, do that. We need more CoD3 players.:D

I hope these two games at that price finally push my friend off the fence and compel him to get his 360. He was caught up in the Wii fascination for about five minutes, but he's clearly more of a Sam Fisher kinda guy.* I wouldn't be surprised if various sales like this don't push a lot of newcomers towards Microsoft's year-old piece of gaming greatness. Will I ever learn to be patient for a month?

*--Ironically, while a huge Daily Show/Colbert Report fan, I think sending him the video of Colbert playing Wii boxing may have turned him off. I think he realized that he'd have to sit in his living room gesturing like a spaz, and not everyone sees the humor in that. When it's them doing the spazzing, I mean.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']AGAIN, YMMV.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess that doesn't make any sense since you figure that Best Buy is not independently owned so the same rules should apply to all stores. I just bought a LCD from there and I hear here that people have been stacking the 12% off coupon but they wouldn't let me use it cause I printed out the internet price and they told me that I could have the tv for the internet price or the in store price with the 12% off. I took the 12% off cause it came out to be less but they wouldn't let me use the coupon on top of the interent price. It would of been about $40 less if they let me do that but I wasn't in the mood to argue since the price was already pretty low and I guess I figured there should be a limit as to how far I should go for my cheap ass gaming self!

[quote name='lawdood']YMMV on this one, often BB will not let you use the GGC with a pricematch.[/QUOTE]
They're supposed to. If all else fails just tell the cashier to scan the damn coupon.

I've been told before that I couldn't use the GGC on sale-priced items (specifically Black Friday), so you're going to get alot of rather ignorant cashiers. Just talk to them slowly and be understanding, but firm.

[quote name='PyroGamer']They're supposed to. If all else fails just tell the cashier to scan the damn coupon.

I've been told before that I couldn't use the GGC on sale-priced items (specifically Black Friday), so you're going to get alot of rather ignorant cashiers. Just talk to them slowly and be understanding, but firm.[/QUOTE]

If the manager wants to be a dick, it ain't going to happen. He's not going to get in trouble for it either.

[quote name='PyroGamer']They're supposed to. If all else fails just tell the cashier to scan the damn coupon.

I've been told before that I couldn't use the GGC on sale-priced items (specifically Black Friday), so you're going to get alot of rather ignorant cashiers. Just talk to them slowly and be understanding, but firm.[/quote]

Problem is that when you do the price match thing you have to go to the customer service desk and not a cashier!

I have a quick question. I still have the coupons for 15% off Gears of War from a magazine (I think it was Xbox magazine) and they expire on Nov. 31. Can I buy the game now for $60, use the coupon, then take it back next week and get the difference since they advertised a lower price. Or will they see that I used the coupon and say it doesn't apply?

With those coupons was a 10% off any video game. They both say they can't be used with other discounts, but has anyone had luck using two coupons at the same time for 25% off? With all that working out GOW could be very close to $40 after tax. Thanks.

[quote name='UTChris']I have a quick question. I still have the coupons for 15% off Gears of War from a magazine (I think it was Xbox magazine) and they expire on Nov. 31. Can I buy the game now for $60, use the coupon, then take it back next week and get the difference since they advertised a lower price. Or will they see that I used the coupon and say it doesn't apply?

With those coupons was a 10% off any video game. They both say they can't be used with other discounts, but has anyone had luck using two coupons at the same time for 25% off? With all that working out GOW could be very close to $40 after tax. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not commenting on the 31st of November part (that's funny), but why bother using the coupon? Just wait three days and buy it.

[quote name='kevzik']Where is this 5 off coupon for GOW? Please, a scan or link...please![/QUOTE]

CC has this free magazine called the "Next Gen Buying Guide" or something. It should be in the gaming section, but YMMV, depending on how lazy the employees are. Uh oh, I think I threw mine away... hope I still have that extra.

Actually, I used that coupon - it expires on the 31 of OCTOBER, read it again. Originally the folks wouldn't let me buy GoW with the coupon, since Gears came out there on the 9th of November, but some finagling pulled me through.

And that's what I want to know now - should I take Gears back and say, "I bought this as a gift and I want the price difference but I don't have a receipt" or something like that? Or should I take the receipt in and try to get the price match? Not sure what to do now for the best deal, since I already opened GoW but I'd be willing to return it for a $60 gift card (plus the price match) and buy it somewhere else... gah.

EDIT: Also, somebody said there was a way to get CoD 3 for the 360 for $40, like GoW. I'd take that.

My coupon says "Save 15% Gears of War | Gears of War Collector's Edition" and in fine print says "Offer good... 11/1/06 - 11/31/06".

The point of buying it today would have been to take 15% off $60 ($9) and then price match sunday hoping they ignore the coupon, so I get $15 back. That would make the game $36 + tax. Even more if they let me stack the 10% coupon as well. I haven't had time to go to circuit city today, so I guess I won't be trying this. Oh well, I might pick it up next week. Thanks.

[quote name='Ub3rChief']Actually, I used that coupon - it expires on the 31 of OCTOBER, read it again. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but if you were, I'm apparently not the one with a reading problem.

They aren't going to 'ignore' the coupon. You'll get the difference between what you paid and the sale price. Hence why it doesn't make any sense to waste your time going to the store twice.

*Shrugs*

Guess I had a different coupon, Cochese. Maybe you got this month's edition of OXM or something - the edition I had definitely had 10/31/06 printed on it (employee pointed it out, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed).

Anyway, I'll probably just try and take it back and say it was a gift - if they give me a $60 gift card for it, I'll wait a day or two and buy GoW again with the gift card and the $20 savings; if not, I'll exchange my copy for a new one, since it has some DRE anyway.

[quote name='Ub3rChief']Actually, I used that coupon - it expires on the 31 of OCTOBER, read it again.[/QUOTE]

There were two versions of that coupon issued. The first ones were printed wrong and stores were told to honor them if a customer brought them in to CC.

The next month that small supplement was added back into the mag again with corrected coupon dates.

If I do the whole in-store checkout thing, I can get a warranty on the disc for $6 or so, or I could keep taking the disc in every 30 days and get a receipt each time.

If I get it from Buy.com, I don't get any sort of long warranty (maybe not?), and I have to wait for shipping.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']Why not just buy this from buy.com with google checkout? Seems like a hassle to do the PM.. but you might not get it as fast.[/QUOTE]

buy.com DOES NOT have it in stock.

Check the google checkout thread and you'll see that some members have received email saying that the item is backordered i.e. none in the warehouse.

Their website STILL says ships in 3 to 5 days, which is bull.

You could be waiting weeks before buy.com ships it to you - I just canceled my order today and even that is a "cancellation request" which will take 7 to 10 days to "approve." WTF?

This is my first and last experience with buy.com.

bread's done
Back