Gears of War Triple Pack at Best Buy in Store Pick Up for 7.99

went to best buy to pick up my xbox 250gb holiday bundle and found a triple pack even though it said OOS online at that store

I also just got back from Walmart. They had about six copies. Me and my brother went there and got a copy for each of us price matched with a Best Buy ad I printed off their website. Total: 8.46 with Tax :)

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is it worth picking this up if you own the originals of both?[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose if you're really hard up for shelf storage space, the triple pack is 1 case worth of storage while the originals take two.

I just printed the one with the game and the price. Nothing more. Store manager said there was no reason why they wouldn't price match it. So they did. I made sure to ask the older people because I figured if a younger person was asked, they would know that BB was out of stock.

Think Walmart PM this deal even if the nearest BB is like 50+ miles away? And would they honor the advertisement viewed from my phone instead of a printout?

[quote name='Jurassic425']Crap, the closest Best Buy is 45 mins from me. That's why it would be nice if WM would just match websites. The only reason I would be giving WM my business over BB would be to avoid that drive. Wouldn't make sense to drive there for an ad, lol.[/QUOTE]

Pick up a newspaper-- they have all your local ads in them. :applause:

[quote name='DeathDream']I just printed the one with the game and the price. Nothing more. Store manager said there was no reason why they wouldn't price match it. So they did. I made sure to ask the older people because I figured if a younger person was asked, they would know that BB was out of stock.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU guys so much. Bless you OP! I just got back from Wal-Mart and they price-matched.

I had to get a manager though, but it was the first time they ever price-matched anything for me!:D

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Pick up a newspaper-- they have all your local ads in them. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Good call, too bad I hadn't thought of that earlier and I'm too lazy to go out tonight and do this, spending time with the fam. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to PM on Monday somehow.

My laziness screwed me on this one. I really wanted this deal, but now I can't get it and I have no interest in going out and fighting for it. Figured it would be an easy steal on Amazon... but.

Ok here's a question. If I send it to BB for in-store pick up, how long do I have to pick it up? i might not make it out to my local BB for a while.

Did this last night & picked up earlier today along w/some 3mo gold cards conveniently located next to the store pick-up counter..

Whole series for $36..can't beat that!

[quote name='Jurassic425']Ok here's a question. If I send it to BB for in-store pick up, how long do I have to pick it up? i might not make it out to my local BB for a while.[/QUOTE]

From past experience, a week. I would assume that it's the same case for this.

Game is back in stock at bestbuy.com
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gears+o...+360/2032076.p?skuId=2032076&id=1218306461292

So if you ordered this when it was $7.99 for in store pick up with of course the result being item not found in stores, you can call best buy at:
1-888-237-8289 and order one if your order hasn't been automatically canceled. I kept getting emails to call if I still wanted it, within 8 days. As soon as I saw it in stock online, I called and got it for the $7.99 price with free shipping!

Ugh, what a nightmare in-store pickup was for this.

Waited at the Columbus Circle NYC Best Buy for an hour to pick this game up on a slow night. The first employee went to get it and never returned, another employee helped me, took 20 minutes and said he couldn't find it, calls the video game section to get me a copy off the shelf, 45 minutes later still haven't gotten it and the blue shirts are pretending I'm invisible until I ask the second employee that was helping me where the hell my game is, he goes down stairs picks one off the shelf and gives it to me...Like this couldn't have been done an hour ago...

edit: there were also two other guys waiting over an hour for their pick ups as well. One guy who just moved here from Italy had come in earlier in the day for a TV pickup he ordered three days before hand was told that it would be ready later in the day, for whatever reason. He comes back again (one spot head of me in line) and is told he had to wait again and that it would be pretty quick...he ended up staying there longer than I did. The other customer arrived about 20 minutes after I did and also stayed longer than I waiting for an iPad smart cover.

Now granted I got to meet two fairly nice guys, talked about Europe, and bonded over how much we despised Best Buy, but I can think of some other ways to meet new people.

edit2: also the music is horrible, and loud

bread's done
Back