gears of war VS. halo3???

[quote name='help1']So you rather see a list of games that only lists Gridlock 1/8 and the occasional other map AND have practically 3 different modes that boil down to the same damn thing and one mode that is unranked and plays like ass? Okay, whatever. ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I find the Bungie way works out, but only because I like the game types that are in the mix. I actually don't like it that everyone vetoes Shotty Snipers on Valhalla, as that's one of my favorite combinations. :)

but I don't see the logic in not having the option for customized social matches without friends list people.

Shooting a guy in a PC shooter = clicking a link on the interweb.

Wow. Exciting.

Not to knock it, it just ain't my bag.

I definitely prefer gears of war multiplayer to halo 3... but I wish Gears had all the halo 3 customization options.

For one thing, it seems like a single player is more likely to dominate in halo 3 than in gears, but the biggest problem is....... there are soooooo many 10-12 year olds playing halo 3.

I'm indifferent between the gears and the halo 3 single player, both kick ass.

[quote name='Greetard']Shooting a guy in a PC shooter = clicking a link on the interweb.

Wow. Exciting.

Not to knock it, it just ain't my bag.
[/QUOTE]

and making mario jump is like pressing buttons on a calculator. playing tetris is like putting wood block shapes together. playing the DS is like writing with a pencil. playing the wii is like an epileptic guy having a seizure while trying to direct traffic at the same time :dunce:

yoink? where's my danish?

All I know is graphics wise Gears of War absolutely crushes Halo 3 and it came out almost a year earlier. I can't adjust my eyes to playing Halo 3 after playing GOW. GOW looks too realistic and it makes Halo look cartoonish. Not that I'm saying graphics makes the game, but in actuality GOW crushes Halo in gameplay as well so take your pick.

I would give Halo 3 the notch on Multiplayer though, just alot more options and variety for online.

[quote name='Apossum']and making mario jump is like pressing buttons on a calculator. playing tetris is like putting wood block shapes together. playing the DS is like writing with a pencil. playing the wii is like an epileptic guy having a seizure while trying to direct traffic at the same time :dunce:

yoink? where's my danish?[/QUOTE]

Did I say anything about other genres than shooters, bitch? No. No I didn't.

The whole point of a shooter is to shoot an enemy, right? Obviously- I'm going to assume you're not that dense. Well now, how do you do that on a PC? Huh? Give up? You click a specific point. You move your mouse to the pixel you want to click on, and ya click it. So, moving on, how do you do click a link on a webpage? Gee, I wonder.

So, you now may be asking yourself, how do I consider this different from any other genre, and, more importantly, how do I feel this is different from a console shooter? Well, ya see, in a puzzle game like Tetris, you're just moving blocks around with the arrow keys on a PC. To me, it is a completely different kind of gaming experience- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work. In a platformer you're just trying to guide your character around a 3D environment using the mouse to adjust the camera and arrow keys/ ASWD to move- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work. Fighters? Clicking different button sequences- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work? See what I'm gettin' at? I spend enough time on the internet as it is- I don't want the feeling to start leaking into my games (which, yet again, is a just my view)

This is the same reason I don't like the DS. The games just feel like work on a PDA. But I'm not going to knock the people who do enjoy playing them- because a few million people backing the system can't be wrong.

Just like playing different genres on the PC, playing shooters on a console feels completely different to me. Squeezing a button shaped like a frigin' trigger feels a little more...oh, I don't know...gamish? Moving a thumbstick doesn't feel as mundane and average as moving a mouse to me. I'm currently doing one of the two right at this exact moment! Betcha can't guess which one (and, again, I'm assuming you're not that dense). I like not having that absolute, complete control over where my crosshair goes on screen like on a PC. It adds a little more unpredictability and fun. It increases the tension of a match. And in an attempt to drive this point deeply in your skull, this is also just my opinion.

As stated in the original post, "It just ain't my bag"- I'm sure plenty of people find clicking shit fun. I'm not trying to express my word as law- just throwing out the way I view PC FPS's. But go ahead, prove my opinions wrong. This is the internet, after all. Subjectivity doesn't exist- even on the rare occasion that it actually isn't someone's own opinion that they're trying to objectify! AMIRITE?

P.S. You're real cool for unnecesserily shitting on the Wii, too. I guess a few million people can be wrong, huh?
I guess I can just sum this whole thing up as "fuck you."
:dunce:

[quote name='help1']So you rather see a list of games that only lists Gridlock 1/8 and the occasional other map AND have practically 3 different modes that boil down to the same damn thing and one mode that is unranked and plays like ass? Okay, whatever. ;)[/QUOTE]

You need a new router or to open some ports or something because your shit is broken.

Also greetard, clicking a mouse in a game is nothing like clicking it on the internet. Try a game like FEAR with a mouse and tell me you feel the same way. The sound and experience is so amazing. Also Auto Aim FTL.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You need a new router or to open some ports or something because your shit is broken.

Also greetard, clicking a mouse in a game is nothing like clicking it on the internet. Try a game like FEAR with a mouse and tell me you feel the same way. The sound and experience is so amazing. Also Auto Aim FTL.[/QUOTE]

Clicking a mouse in a game is nothing like clicking it on the internet to you. I've tried FEAR on my friend's PC, and it did nothing to change my stance. To me, a PC shooter is a PC shooter is a PC shooter.

[quote name='Greetard']Did I say anything about other genres than shooters, bitch? No. No I didn't.

The whole point of a shooter is to shoot an enemy, right? Obviously- I'm going to assume you're not that dense. Well now, how do you do that on a PC? Huh? Give up? You click a specific point. You move your mouse to the pixel you want to click on, and ya click it. So, moving on, how do you do click a link on a webpage? Gee, I wonder.

So, you now may be asking yourself, how do I consider this different from any other genre, and, more importantly, how do I feel this is different from a console shooter? Well, ya see, in a puzzle game like Tetris, you're just moving blocks around with the arrow keys on a PC. To me, it is a completely different kind of gaming experience- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work. In a platformer you're just trying to guide your character around a 3D environment using the mouse to adjust the camera and arrow keys/ ASWD to move- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work. Fighters? Clicking different button sequences- you don't need to click shit and make it feel like work? See what I'm gettin' at? I spend enough time on the internet as it is- I don't want the feeling to start leaking into my games (which, yet again, is a just my view)

This is the same reason I don't like the DS. The games just feel like work on a PDA. But I'm not going to knock the people who do enjoy playing them- because a few million people backing the system can't be wrong.

Just like playing different genres on the PC, playing shooters on a console feels completely different to me. Squeezing a button shaped like a frigin' trigger feels a little more...oh, I don't know...gamish? Moving a thumbstick doesn't feel as mundane and average as moving a mouse to me. I'm currently doing one of the two right at this exact moment! Betcha can't guess which one (and, again, I'm assuming you're not that dense). I like not having that absolute, complete control over where my crosshair goes on screen like on a PC. It adds a little more unpredictability and fun. It increases the tension of a match. And in an attempt to drive this point deeply in your skull, this is also just my opinion.

As stated in the original post, "It just ain't my bag"- I'm sure plenty of people find clicking shit fun. I'm not trying to express my word as law- just throwing out the way I view PC FPS's. But go ahead, prove my opinions wrong. This is the internet, after all. Subjectivity doesn't exist- even on the rare occasion that it actually isn't someone's own opinion that they're trying to objectify! AMIRITE?

P.S. You're real cool for unnecesserily shitting on the Wii, too. I guess a few million people can be wrong, huh?
I guess I can just sum this whole thing up as "fuck you."
:dunce:
[/QUOTE]

SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!

my comment was more of a parody of your "it's like surfing teh interweb" reduction of PC FPS games, than a personal attack...

I understand you don't like PC control, I gathered as much from your first post, but it wasn't necessary to post your life story to justify that fact.

This thread has degenerated past the point of being worthy of any other comment.

degenerated? read the OP and tell me it wasn't already a gamefaqs nightmare :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!

my comment was more of a parody of your "it's like surfing teh interweb" reduction of PC FPS games, than a personal attack...

I understand you don't like PC control, I gathered as much from your first post, but it wasn't necessary to post your life story to justify that fact.

degenerated? read the OP and tell me it wasn't already a gamefaqs nightmare :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, you suck at parody. The dunce cap says it all.

Halo is a great series, but Halo 3 is nothing new. Just HD, very few enhancements... I think the storyline is about as thin as it could get even though Bungie brags about the effort put into it.

Gears is really a groundbreaking shooting game. Blends the more popular run and gun shooters with the slightly more strategic shooters. Adds an uber storyline, along with really unique controls.

Im going with Gears. Definitely enjoyed the hell outa that game even though I didnt play much online. Kinda wish my boys would shift back to gears instead of Halo3.

[quote name='Lupuri']Halo is a great series, but Halo 3 is nothing new. Just HD, very few enhancements... I think the storyline is about as thin as it could get even though Bungie brags about the effort put into it.

Gears is really a groundbreaking shooting game. Blends the more popular run and gun shooters with the slightly more strategic shooters. Adds an uber storyline, along with really unique controls.

Im going with Gears. Definitely enjoyed the hell outa that game even though I didnt play much online. Kinda wish my boys would shift back to gears instead of Halo3.[/quote]

Uber Storyline? Please that was some of the most random generic sci-fi shit I have ever heard.

Halo 3 has alot of new stuff, saying its just HD and nothing else is new is just stupid.

Saved Films, 4 player co-op single player, custom games, forge mode. They made the game to have unlimited replayability.

If you thought Halo 3 was gonna be completely different from the earlier ones you were wrong. The basic gameplay remains the same. I think they took the "if its not broke dont fix it" approach.

[quote name='Greetard']Well, you suck at parody. The dunce cap says it all.[/QUOTE]

and you suck at not taking things personally. must be fun to be so sensitive. cheers!

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']So who here thinks that GEARS OF WAR , still rules xbox live over HALO3??? After playing H3 for about a week and then going bak to GOW , i'll stick to GOW!!!! I'm sure illl get plent y of flames for this one . . . . . yay!!!:beer:[/QUOTE]

Two different styles of game that both play differently online. Some people will probably prefer one over the other while others will prefer the variety.

[quote name='InuFaye']Uber Storyline? Please that was some of the most random generic sci-fi shit I have ever heard.

Halo 3 has alot of new stuff, saying its just HD and nothing else is new is just stupid.

Saved Films, 4 player co-op single player, custom games, forge mode. They made the game to have unlimited replayability.

If you thought Halo 3 was gonna be completely different from the earlier ones you were wrong. The basic gameplay remains the same. I think they took the "if its not broke dont fix it" approach.[/quote]Its pretty clear that you are a halo fan boy, and arent looking at this straight through. What major changes were there in Halo? Added the Mongoose, gravity hammer, Fuel Rod, Spartan Laser, and two new grenades. Made the sword seriously bitch, and made the needler stronger/2handed. Halo 3 is just that... HALO - 3. Its nothing revolutionary. Did I expect more then what we received? Hell no... Gears was game of the year for a reason... The storyline really is differnt and very deep (although being not a nerd, I dont know dick about Sci Fi outside of SW.) The approach to weapons is differnt in some cases (grenades, torque bow, the 'arching' of the boomshot) and miles ahead of others with the active reload system. The fact that Gears isnt a 'hurry up and die' game takes a LOT more time and skill to master. So yeah... Halo3 is still Halo (although good), Gears is entirely new and indeed revolutionary.

But Im stupid, because I think Gears is better then Halo3. Thats fine...
Just do yourself a favor, and challenge yourself to look at the facts versus what you think are facts. FYI... H3 is in my box right now.

gears because i just feel it takes skill with that game. halo ,its kinda like run around , shoot, die... and then reapeat. gears is more of step by step process.
its new.its innovative.

[quote name='Apossum']and you suck at not taking things personally. must be fun to be so sensitive. cheers![/QUOTE]

Oh, fuck you Mr. High-and-Mighty. I seriously doubt that no one takes anything said against them in a public medium personally- even if only a small amount. Hell, if you truly, honestly didn't give a fuck about your internet perceptions, you wouldn't have responded to me callin' you out in the first place.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']gears because i just feel it takes skill with that game. halo ,its kinda like run around , shoot, die... and then reapeat. gears is more of step by step process.
its new.its innovative.[/QUOTE]

Halo definitely requires skill.

[quote name='Lupuri']Its pretty clear that you are a halo fan boy, and arent looking at this straight through. What major changes were there in Halo? Added the Mongoose, gravity hammer, Fuel Rod, Spartan Laser, and two new grenades. Made the sword seriously bitch, and made the needler stronger/2handed. Halo 3 is just that... HALO - 3. Its nothing revolutionary. Did I expect more then what we received? Hell no... Gears was game of the year for a reason... The storyline really is differnt and very deep (although being not a nerd, I dont know dick about Sci Fi outside of SW.) The approach to weapons is differnt in some cases (grenades, torque bow, the 'arching' of the boomshot) and miles ahead of others with the active reload system. The fact that Gears isnt a 'hurry up and die' game takes a LOT more time and skill to master. So yeah... Halo3 is still Halo (although good), Gears is entirely new and indeed revolutionary.

But Im stupid, because I think Gears is better then Halo3. Thats fine...
Just do yourself a favor, and challenge yourself to look at the facts versus what you think are facts. FYI... H3 is in my box right now.[/quote]

Halo Fanboy?!! HAHAHAH. That was a good laugh. Look at gears though. If you try and tell me the storyline in halo is deep you obviously have never read any novels or watched any movies with a decent story. I dont particularly love halo but the argument you are making is false. If you thought gears was revolutionary you my friend are wrong. Im not gonna sit here and debate the fact that halo 3 has much more to offer the genre then gears did to its genre. Halo 3 has added more then a couple of weapon types to the game. Its added so many modes and features and community access to the game then any other console fps before it. Halo 3 is revolutionary in the way it handles all of these things. Its not the core gameplay surrounding halo that is revolutionary(although the first one did revolutionize console fps) its all the features they managed to pack into 1 multiplayer expirence. So many games types, so many ways to configure the maps it seems like the expirence could go on for along time.

Gears mulitplayer is a weak little bitch compared to the awesomeness that is halo multiplayer. Get used to that fact.

[quote name='Greetard']Oh, fuck you Mr. High-and-Mighty. I seriously doubt that no one takes anything said against them in a public medium personally- even if only a small amount. Hell, if you truly, honestly didn't give a fuck about your internet perceptions, you wouldn't have responded to me callin' you out in the first place.[/QUOTE]

whut

[quote name='InuFaye']Halo Fanboy?!! HAHAHAH. That was a good laugh. Look at gears though. If you try and tell me the storyline in halo is deep you obviously have never read any novels or watched any movies with a decent story. I dont particularly love halo but the argument you are making is false. If you thought gears was revolutionary you my friend are wrong. Im not gonna sit here and debate the fact that halo 3 has much more to offer the genre then gears did to its genre. Halo 3 has added more then a couple of weapon types to the game. Its added so many modes and features and community access to the game then any other console fps before it. Halo 3 is revolutionary in the way it handles all of these things. Its not the core gameplay surrounding halo that is revolutionary(although the first one did revolutionize console fps) its all the features they managed to pack into 1 multiplayer expirence. So many games types, so many ways to configure the maps it seems like the expirence could go on for along time.

Gears mulitplayer is a weak little bitch compared to the awesomeness that is halo multiplayer. Get used to that fact.[/quote]Again, facts?
The skulls? Is that what Halo 3 added... because we are talking Halo 3 here and not just the series. Hence my point all along. Halo 3 is just Halo .... 3. Its nothing new, nothing expansive... same old Halo. Again, I played Halo for about 4 hours last night... loved it. But Gears was an advancement in Epic's title that put them on the map... Gears 2-3-4-whatev will continue to be huge as the years roll on, not saying Halo wont be (shit, I still played H2 constantly until H3 hit..) As I said... Gears bridged the gap between the run and gun/hurry up and die shooters and the strategic off the wall shooters (R6 type.) Halo is a refined version of UT, Quake3 Arena... etc etc. Halo did FPS consol gaming the best, no doubt... but the 3rd-1st.. Gears has got it.

Read novels? Again... Im no nerd (geek pls...) Movies... trust me when I say that Im a HUGE movie buff (who else would have landfill as their avatar?) All bragging aside, I can sniff deep storylines... I even know the Halo storyline back to Marathon.. But you're simply in denial... and H8n on Gears. ;)

[quote name='Lupuri']Again, facts?
The skulls? Is that what Halo 3 added... because we are talking Halo 3 here and not just the series. Hence my point all along. Halo 3 is just Halo .... 3. Its nothing new, nothing expansive... same old Halo. Again, I played Halo for about 4 hours last night... loved it. But Gears was an advancement in Epic's title that put them on the map... Gears 2-3-4-whatev will continue to be huge as the years roll on, not saying Halo wont be (shit, I still played H2 constantly until H3 hit..) As I said... Gears bridged the gap between the run and gun/hurry up and die shooters and the strategic off the wall shooters (R6 type.) Halo is a refined version of UT, Quake3 Arena... etc etc. Halo did FPS consol gaming the best, no doubt... but the 3rd-1st.. Gears has got it.

Read novels? Again... Im no nerd (geek pls...) Movies... trust me when I say that Im a HUGE movie buff (who else would have landfill as their avatar?) All bragging aside, I can sniff deep storylines... I even know the Halo storyline back to Marathon.. But you're simply in denial... and H8n on Gears. ;)[/quote]

Are you serious? Halo 3 has done more for multiplayer in console shooters then Gears of War could ever has possibly imagined. Gears multi was limited to a couple of modes where you couldnt play ranked matches with your friends. Gears didnt break the gap between the run and gun/ and strategic shooters. Gears just refined the game play that was in kill.switch, added some stupid looking aliens and everyone talks about how "revolutionary" it is.

I find it even funnier that you continue to say you arent a nerd yet you are aruguing on a site called cheapassgamer.com with a bunch of other people that play games if one game or the other is better. You are a nerd and you sir are in denial.

Halo 3's multiplayer is a whole lot more varied and chaotic than Gears of War's IMO. It's probably gonna last me a lot longer, Gears of War's multiplayer didn't last me much more than two months.

[quote name='InuFaye']You are a nerd and you sir are in denial.[/quote]Im a geek, big differnce...

[quote name='InuFaye']Are you serious? Halo 3 has done more for multiplayer in console shooters then Gears of War could ever has possibly imagined. Gears multi was limited to a couple of modes where you couldnt play ranked matches with your friends. Gears didnt break the gap between the run and gun/ and strategic shooters. Gears just refined the game play that was in kill.switch, added some stupid looking aliens and everyone talks about how "revolutionary" it is.

I find it even funnier that you continue to say you arent a nerd yet you are aruguing on a site called cheapassgamer.com with a bunch of other people that play games if one game or the other is better. You are a nerd and you sir are in denial.[/quote]

1. Explain to me how you "can't play ranked matches with your friends," seeing as every game I play ranked is with friends of mine.

2. Kill.switch sucked.

I haven't played Halo 3 yet, but Gears of War has been the absolute most fun I've ever had online with a shooter, period.

[quote name='InuFaye']Are you serious? Halo 3 has done more for multiplayer in console shooters then Gears of War could ever has possibly imagined. Gears multi was limited to a couple of modes where you couldnt play ranked matches with your friends. Gears didnt break the gap between the run and gun/ and strategic shooters. Gears just refined the game play that was in kill.switch, added some stupid looking aliens and everyone talks about how "revolutionary" it is.

I find it even funnier that you continue to say you arent a nerd yet you are aruguing on a site called cheapassgamer.com with a bunch of other people that play games if one game or the other is better. You are a nerd and you sir are in denial.[/QUOTE]

how long have u been gaming? cause u r wrong.

halo 3 was weak and played basically like a Halo 1 remake. it used the same levels, same aliens, added a shitty "boss battle" with the guilty spark, and made playing Legendary mode so easy. they also fucked up ranked matches now since you can just play with friends that are rly good to boost your rank.

its matchmaking system is pretty much crap since all you have to have is a bad day to lower your rank then the next day rape the lower level guys to boost back your rank

Forge mode - has been done by pc games already
game replay - again done by pc games already

and ur so called "unlimited replay value" is wrong, the game is just simply not fun after a while

but you have to admit that Halo 3's story was as thin as it could possibly be (the flashback attempts were gay) and the ending was so freaking gay ("call me when you need me"), why cant this series finally die!

weapons were AGAIN downgraded but the sword is a bitch weapon now, sniper is slow, the needler is way too powerful, the bute shot is shit now and melees weird.

the only time i have fun is when i play with my friends on Infection mode on Sandtrap.

halo 3 did nothing revolutionary...

GoW on the other hand atually DID something. yes the duck and cover was first in killswitch but how bad was killswitch and who knew about that game? GoW took that concept and finely tuned it. it also brought forth the chainsaw animation, bodies exploding, heads poping off and you can see the spine. yes it is limited to 4 modes but those modes fun to play and is a lot more fun to play with friends.

yea the graphics and textures take about 1 - 2 seconds to load but compared to Halo 3's load as you go crap, its nothing.

the story was interesting and pulled me in.

GoW is overall a better and funner game then Halo 3

Epic Games took a chance and succeed with GoW while Bungie got cocky and said "eh they will like it ether way" and gave us this train wreck.

and before you say that im a GoW fanboy or that i just havent play it enough, i have. i am in a clan and i have to play both games back and forth while giving tryouts for my clan so i have a lot of gameplay on me.

I'm suprised this thread is still up, the first post was meant to be inflammatory and there's been nothing really constructive since except encourage arguements over which is 'funner'.

Besides, everyone knows Goldeneye is better than either.

[quote name='daroga']Forge mode what done on the PC? What game lets you play a map editor with people online?[/QUOTE]
Garry's mod is like Forge to an extent. Though I think the other post was referring to the fact that most high-profile PC games have an editor already.

[quote name='mrelusive']Garry's mod is like Forge to an extent. Though I think the other post was referring to the fact that most high-profile PC games have an editor already.[/quote]Forge is pretty monstrouly different than PC level creator / editor. They have common elements, sure, but they're pretty different animals. I'd say Forge as a whole is unique to Halo 3.

bread's done
Back