Gears of War3 LE XBOX 360 Console $299.99 Newegg

Good deal indeed, and if you buy the console bundled with Microsoft XBOX 360 Live 12 month Gold Card, you get add'l $15 off. And, the total comes out to $323.98 + Tax.

300 bones is a heck of a deal. This is one of the most bad-@ss looking custom consoles to date. The controllers are equally cool.

I might actually have to get this. I'm still on my first (RRoD repaired) 360 from about six months after the system's launch, and I'm sick of hearing its loud fans every time I want to play anything.

The new models are quieter, right? If so, I think I'll bite on this one. I have some Christmas money lying around, waiting to be put to good use, after all.

Thanks for the heads-up, BoMo.

Sick deal since my Costco didn't have any. Figure I can sell my elite 250gb for at least 140, the Marcus and other skins for 20, the game for 30 (have it) and 1 or both of the controllers for 50. Very little out of pocket to get an Xbox that has more memory, will last longer, be quieter and look cooler. And to get live for 8 quarters a month?

My Costco didn't have any either. Was upset that I had missed previous deals, and wish I had gotten the extra 100 dollar gift card Newegg offered a month ago, but this is as good as it's gonna get I think. Any cheaper and it would sell out faster than I could grab one anyway.

I'm interested in selling my old Elite bundled with the wireless N adapter and a few other things on eBay, but I've heard that it's rather expensive and exhaustive to sell anything on there anymore as a private seller.

Anyone wanna give me a tip on what to do and NOT do? I'd like to recoup as much as possible.

Great deal but I believe this will go even lower. All the stores I've seen that carry these bundles had A LOT of them.

[quote name='Intranquill']My Costco didn't have any either. Was upset that I had missed previous deals, and wish I had gotten the extra 100 dollar gift card Newegg offered a month ago, but this is as good as it's gonna get I think. Any cheaper and it would sell out faster than I could grab one anyway.

I'm interested in selling my old Elite bundled with the wireless N adapter and a few other things on eBay, but I've heard that it's rather expensive and exhaustive to sell anything on there anymore as a private seller.

Anyone wanna give me a tip on what to do and NOT do? I'd like to recoup as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend selling the wireless adapter separately as bundles tend to sell a little bit less. I find the hassle worth it 90% of the time.

[quote name='Intranquill']My Costco didn't have any either. Was upset that I had missed previous deals, and wish I had gotten the extra 100 dollar gift card Newegg offered a month ago, but this is as good as it's gonna get I think. Any cheaper and it would sell out faster than I could grab one anyway.

Anyone wanna give me a tip on what to do and NOT do? I'd like to recoup as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

You could try Craigslist. No shipping hassle, no fees, and you can get cash. You'll get lowballers, but if you wait it out you can probably get a decent offer.

I buy and sell on craigslist all the time. Nobody will buy the original design xbox on that site. too many problems with ROD as well as mods. your best bet is to trade that stuff in at gamestop with their current offer.

[quote name='kangchousa']Good deal indeed, and if you buy the console bundled with Microsoft XBOX 360 Live 12 month Gold Card, you get add'l $15 off. And, the total comes out to $323.98 + Tax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out, ended up doing this deal. Selling my old 250gb slim to my friend along with the discounted 12 months to help start him off and ill enjoy my new shiny console :)

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Shamelessly stolen from Slickdeals....[/QUOTE]

OP was posted a few hours before the thread on SD...

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Shamelessly stolen from Slickdeals....[/QUOTE]

Even if it wasn't posted before, who cares, not everyone goes to slickdeals.

Btw, Best Buy has this console on sale for $349.99 with $75 GC offer. It is OOS for shipping, but the store pickup is available.

[quote name='kangchousa']Btw, Best Buy has this console on sale for $349.99 with $75 GC offer. It is OOS for shipping, but the store pickup is available.[/QUOTE]

Assuming a sales tax rate of 8%, and no sales tax at Newegg (I know there are some states where people have to pay, but the majority are tax free), you're actually paying more for the Best Buy deal. And that's assuming you're treating the $75 gift card like cash, but purchases with it also get taxed at the same 8% or whatever rate. So roughly $10 more to go through Best Buy, and you're forced to spend more at their store.

I got it from Best Buy. I used my $100 certificate and end up paing $265 out of pocket with tax and will get $75 gift card + $5 reward certificate (for every $250 spent), So the total would be what $185 and my local store have it in stock for pick up. Can not beat that so far.

I'm going to get it at best buy, thanks for pointing that out. My store has like 30 in stock just sitting on the top shelf. Now to find a place to off load my 1 year old slim.

I almost bit on this, but I really want the Star Wars 360 when it comes out. I will just sell the Star Wars game, the Kinect sensor since I already have one and the Kinect Adventures game it comes with to recoup some of my cost. I am more of a Star Wars fan than a Gears of War fan. R2D2 360 sounds FTW!

[quote name='kevinc23']Is there a chance for Best Buy to price match this?[/QUOTE]

Mine never matches online stores but you could try. You may have to wait until next week though I doubt they will give you the gift card and match newegg.

bread's done
Back