Geforce 7900 GPU- Worth it or wait?

Hex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Right, so Newegg's unveiled the Geforce 7900GT and GTX. I'm looking to upgrade from my 6800XT, and I'm looking to be somewhat frugal, but I also want a badass card. I'm thinking of the highest end model offered by EVGA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130280

Does anyone have any experience with the 7900, and is it worth the expensive buy now, or wait until it's cooled down a bit? My mobo isn't SLI, so I won't be going with dual 7800's or anything, so one card like this is the only option.

Man that's nice. Just wow. I could only imagine stacking that puppy in SLI. Too bad there are no Japanese PC gamemakers that would tap shit like that out though I suppose it wouldn't be needed since they do most of their shit in 2D.
I wonder why ATi doesn't do a dual set like SLi.

[quote name='Sarang01']
I wonder why ATi doesn't do a dual set like SLi.[/quote]

I think they have... I believe it's their Crossfire line. Probably wrong, though.

Too bad the only games I can really give a shit about on PC are HL2, Xanadu Next, Magna Carta, Y's V, Silent Hill 3 and 4 and maybe F.E.A.R. since I keep hearing this heavy tech shit and some praise around.
Man I would LOVE to see Nihon Falcom just fully go into it and make a 3D Y's thrown in with a new 2D one turning everything on just to freak people out. Whatever looks best on PC in graphics would be BLOWN away by that. Or Sega just completely letting go and making a new Rez with full 3D HDTV support. Soz just dreaming now. Shinobi completely fixed up would be nice though as well as Panzer Dragoon or a sequel to Saga, even Nights! would take on a new dimension.
Tip what boardmaker supports it? I've been looking at Gigabyte and unfortunately while they seem like a good motherboard manufacturer it's all about nVidia with them. Is there any other company like them that soup their board with extras and support RAID and Crossfire instead?

[quote name='Sarang01']I wonder why ATi doesn't do a dual set like SLi.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as Tiphireth said, ATI has crossfire capability on some cards, but I hear it's a pain in the ass. When I eventually upgrade my x850xt pe - which won't be for another year or two - I'll end up going with SLI if it still exists.

bread's done
Back