General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='El Gray']There seems to be a pretty good batch of the $8.96 PS2 titles available at a certain local CCity. Anyone looking for any of those in particular?[/QUOTE]
wave.gif
Hello!!! Katamari for the PSP and Gauntlet if anyone finds it. I called every local CC in the Phoenix area (where I am until next friday), and no luck.

Oh, also if anyone finds .hack part 3, please pick that up. It should be down to 3.96. Xbox PSO 1&2 for 3.96 as well.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']As if he had a choice. There is a better GS right down the street, and the Trade n Play is a much better choice if browsing. Grab a burrito at Willys and go to town.[/QUOTE]
Trade n Play? Never heard of it. Kennesaw area?

And I'm more of a Moe's Nachos kinda gal.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You may not be able to see it from the street anymore due to the restaurant.

If you're coming from 75, it's the shopping center just before Bill Heard where the old AMC used to be. The entrance is right before the Wachovia, and the shop is right next to Willys and Nextel(?).[/QUOTE]
Near that Hobby Shop? In any event, I'll try 'em out. And I may skip the Sweet Tomatoes by CC and try this Willys joint.

Forgot to mention a game shop in Discover Mills, close to Books A Million. Lots of 16bit games, though they charge alot. Of course, rent in Discover Mills has to be really expensive, so that makes sense.

[quote name='El Gray']Is the Xbox Ecko LE on sale, too?[/QUOTE]
It was when CC had their clearance/sale two or three weeks back. I don't know if they've raised the price back since then.

[quote name='guinaevere']
wave.gif
Hello!!! Katamari for the PSP and Gauntlet if anyone finds it. I called every local CC in the Phoenix area (where I am until next friday), and no luck.

Oh, also if anyone finds .hack part 3, please pick that up. It should be down to 3.96. Xbox PSO 1&2 for 3.96 as well.[/QUOTE]
I'll keep an eye out for these in any stores that I visit. If anyone sees that $4 PS2 Syphon Filter game and does not want it, please pick one up for me. Thanks.

[quote name='El Gray']I'll keep an eye out for these in any stores that I visit. If anyone sees that $4 PS2 Syphon Filter game and does not want it, please pick one up for me. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
There was one at the Mesa store the other day... if it's still there, I'll grab it for ya.

[quote name='El Gray']I'll keep an eye out for these in any stores that I visit. If anyone sees that $4 PS2 Syphon Filter game and does not want it, please pick one up for me. Thanks.[/quote]

I know someone who picked one up at perimeter yesterday. He said there were 2 left $3.96.

[quote name='guinaevere']Near that Hobby Shop? In any event, I'll try 'em out. And I may skip the Sweet Tomatoes by CC and try this Willys joint.[/quote]
Stop in CC and check it out. That's my store and *gasp* it's well-organized, unlike most other CC's.

[quote name='neocisco']Stop in CC and check it out. That's my store and *gasp* it's well-organized, unlike most other CC's.[/quote]

I ment to ask you this awhile back and I figure some of the other atl cags may be curious as well. How exactly does CC handle the free demo's and How do I go about getting them? I heard there was a free lemmings demo for the PSP and I have never seen any demos actually in the store.

[quote name='kjauburn']I ment to ask you this awhile back and I figure some of the other atl cags may be curious as well. How exactly does CC handle the free demo's and How do I go about getting them? I heard there was a free lemmings demo for the PSP and I have never seen any demos actually in the store.[/quote]

The promo stuff should be in the drawers at the checkout registers. Just ask the cashiers if they have any old promo items and they should be more than happy to get rid of it. It will probably scan at .01. The Lemmings demo is actually put away but I'll put some at the registers tomorrow so they can give them away.

I have heard some people in other parts of the country mention eb/gamestops with the old ace combat flightsticks bundles in stock for $80 markdown. If anyone sees one at a local store let me know.

FYI to anyone reading one of the old ATL threads about 2 weeks back. All the Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat bundles marked down to $16/22 are gone from the woodstock Wal-mart.

There were 32 copies of Madden 2006 PS2 at the local super target. I believe they are marked $13.98 and will be around for awhile. Anyone wanting last years madden should be able to pick it up cheap after another markdown or 2. Probably be 7.98 or 9.98 in the next round of markdowns...

[quote name='neocisco']Stop in CC and check it out. That's my store and *gasp* it's well-organized, unlike most other CC's.[/QUOTE]
No kidding. I stopped in the CC not far from the Galleria on 41 (across from Johnny Rockets, not the CC that just closed which also was a disaster) a couple months back, and the game department was beyond a mess. If I were management there, I'd be absolutely ashamed. Not to mention that those tall dividers look as if they were designed to aid shoplifters.

I'll be honest, I'm partial to the Douglasville shop, the game dept is fairly well taken care of, though the kids working there know nothing about the games if you ever go so far as to ask a question... Not an indepth question mind you, but something along the lines of, "Do you have Ultimate Fish Fryer for the GameSystem 2 in stock?"

Anyway, I haven't been IN the Kennesaw CC in over a year. So when I get back home, I'll stop on by.

I'll also keep an eye out for you. That's you in your avatar, right?
wooper.gif

[quote name='guinaevere']No kidding. I stopped in the CC not far from the Galleria on 41 (across from Johnny Rockets, not the CC that just closed which also was a disaster) a couple months back, and the game department was beyond a mess. If I were management there, I'd be absolutely ashamed. Not to mention that those tall dividers look as if they were designed to aid shoplifters.[/quote]

You're right about the dividers. The Acworst store (just a jab at some friends up there) has the same thing and that's exactly what I thought when I first saw them.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll be honest, I'm partial to the Douglasville shop, the game dept is fairly well taken care of, though the kids working there know nothing about the games if you ever go so far as to ask a question... Not an indepth question mind you, but something along the lines of, "Do you have Ultimate Fish Fryer for the GameSystem 2 in stock?"

Anyway, I haven't been IN the Kennesaw CC in over a year. So when I get back home, I'll stop on by.

I'll also keep an eye out for you. That's you in your avatar, right?
wooper.gif
[/quote]
Uh, not quite.:lol: More like my sig.;) I'll be the one wearing some type of game shirt. I don't always look approachable but I am.

[quote name='neocisco']Uh, not quite.:lol: More like my sig.;) [/quote]
urf. I turned sigs off ages ago. As much as I come to a cheap game site to look at pictures of skanky women, it got kinda old fast. But I guess I'll just take a peek to see...

ahAHAHahahahaa!! Nice, cisco.

I'll be the one wearing some type of game shirt. I don't always look approachable but I am.
I'll be the lady who everyone thinks must be buying for her kids.
animeangry.gif
A) I don't have any. B) I don't want any. C) If I had, they'd be buying their own games.

[quote name='guinaevere']No kidding. I stopped in the CC not far from the Galleria on 41 (across from Johnny Rockets, not the CC that just closed which also was a disaster) a couple months back, and the game department was beyond a mess. If I were management there, I'd be absolutely ashamed. Not to mention that those tall dividers look as if they were designed to aid shoplifters.[/quote]

Yeah I was in cumberland 2 weeks back and I couldn't believe how trash the area was. Worked out for me since I was willing to spend 15-20 minutes digging and walked away with about 8-10 games from the old clearance for $1.96 to $5.96. Don't remember everything, but I did find a wario world NGC and a few decent games I had been looking for...

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I was in cumberland 2 weeks back and I couldn't believe how trash the area was. Worked out for me since I was willing to spend 15-20 minutes digging and walked away with about 8-10 games from the old clearance for $1.96 to $5.96. Don't remember everything, but I did find a wario world NGC and a few decent games I had been looking for...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, two years ago we lived in Smyrna pretty close to Cumberland and it is definitely an area in flux. Now I just work up here and do most of my lunchtime shopping at these stores. It can be trashy (especially at the mall), but once the major renovation of the mall is done and they complete the new event hall they're building next to 75, I suspect things will perk up considerably. Despite appearances, real estate in the area is quite valuable, as much of it is still considered ITP (call it "Smynings" or "Vinings North"). We only owned our house there for less than two years and still ended up with a $40,000 profit. And it makes sense, with people living way the hell out in Woodstock, Cumming, and all over Gwinnett. When you think about it, is the Mall of Georgia enough consolation to make up for a 90 min. commute? I'd rather live closer in and maybe not have the shiniest mall.

So, any more insight into the CC sale in the ATL area?? I'm a little confused by this sale... I went to the CC at Cumberland during lunch today and they had a TON of the games on the list. I took Killzone, R&C:UYA, and Sly 2 to a clerk to do a price check, but they were all listed at their normal prices. The other games on the list were marked full price as well. I know that the specific games that I picked up were YMMV, but the other games weren't enticing enough for me to ask for another set of price checks.

Anyhow, I was about to give up when I found a different copy of R&C:UYA w/ a $10 sticker on it. I took that to the cashier, and despite it ringing up for $20, she went ahead and manually changed it to $10 w/o me having to say a word!

So what gives on this sale? Any advice would be appreciated. If someone here wants me to pick up something for them at Cumberland, let me know. They had a copy of Indigo Prophecy, a couple copies of ATV Offroad 3, NFL Street 2, Driver Parallel Lines, etc. Lots of stuff!

[quote name='Gator']So, any more insight into the CC sale in the ATL area?? I'm a little confused by this sale... I went to the CC at Cumberland during lunch today and they had a TON of the games on the list. I took Killzone, R&C:UYA, and Sly 2 to a clerk to do a price check, but they were all listed at their normal prices. The other games on the list were marked full price as well. I know that the specific games that I picked up were YMMV, but the other games weren't enticing enough for me to ask for another set of price checks.

Anyhow, I was about to give up when I found a different copy of R&C:UYA w/ a $10 sticker on it. I took that to the cashier, and despite it ringing up for $20, she went ahead and manually changed it to $10 w/o me having to say a word!

So what gives on this sale? Any advice would be appreciated. If someone here wants me to pick up something for them at Cumberland, let me know. They had a copy of Indigo Prophecy, a couple copies of ATV Offroad 3, NFL Street 2, Driver Parallel Lines, etc. Lots of stuff![/QUOTE]

Neo said something about this being part of the 7/4 sale. That's probably why no one is marking them yet. Hopefully we get more markdowns tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Cochese (in this thread, and the other). I'll head back to Cumberland tonight (they had a few eyetoys that I'm interested in) and let you all know what's going on.

[quote name='Gator']Thanks for the info Cochese (in this thread, and the other). I'll head back to Cumberland tonight (they had a few eyetoys that I'm interested in) and let you all know what's going on.[/QUOTE]
Did they have any clearance titles that actually had the camera with them?
If you come across an extra, I'd surely be interested.

I hate being out of town during this clearance. With good enough sales, I've driven to Alabama and random parts of Georgia to grab some games. In phoenix, I have about 4 CCs within driving distance. The next one out is about 200 miles away. =\

[quote name='guinaevere']I hate being out of town during this clearance. With good enough sales, I've driven to Alabama and random parts of Georgia to grab some games. In phoenix, I have about 4 CCs within driving distance. The next one out is about 200 miles away. =\[/quote]

I thought I was extreme when I drove all over town for the TRU green tag sale with the B2G1F tie in. My wife thought I was crazy because I even stopped at 2 on the way back from our Orlando trip...

[quote name='kjauburn']My wife thought I was crazy because I even stopped at 2 on the way back from our Orlando trip...[/QUOTE]
That isn't crazy, that's inspired. And I'm sure she did plenty of shopping at her stores. I'm a girl, I know these things.
blush.gif

[quote name='guinaevere']That isn't crazy, that's inspired. And I'm sure she did plenty of shopping at her stores. I'm a girl, I know these things.
blush.gif
[/quote]

I just dragged her into it with me when I bought her a teal nintendogs bundle last christmas with GR credit. By the time the dslite came out I had to ebay the bundle off so we could go out on launch morning to get her a new dslite. Now we are both waiting for the Wii...

[quote name='kjauburn']I just dragged her into it with me when I bought her a teal nintendogs bundle last christmas with GR credit. By the time the dslite came out I had to ebay the bundle off so we could go out on launch morning to get her a new dslite. Now we are both waiting for the Wii...[/QUOTE]

Count yourself lucky. My wife grudgingly approved my DS Lite purchase, and after seeing it next to the original scoffed and declared it clearly inferior to the original: "It's not all that much smaller, there's like no difference in the brightness and it's not as comfortable to hold. You just like it because it matches your iPod. You're such a lemming."

And yet she has six pairs of shoes that look exactly the same to me. :roll:

[quote name='kjauburn']By the time the dslite came out I had to ebay the bundle off so we could go out on launch morning to get her a new dslite. Now we are both waiting for the Wii...[/QUOTE]YAY! Excellent work, my friend.
wooper.gif

[quote name='Tybee']"It's not all that much smaller, there's like no difference in the brightness and it's not as comfortable to hold. You just like it because it matches your iPod."[/quote]
There is a HUGE difference in brightness and it has smoother edges, so it is a lot more comfortable to hold when playing. And seeing that I carry my DS everywhere with me in my purse, the afternoon that I carried my younger brothers lite in my bag instead of my own... I can tell you, the dsLite is a great deal smaller as well. I think she just must be fooling with ya.

But if she isn't this is when you turn and look her in the eye and speak from the heart. "Darling, you're right as always. It does match my iPod. One of the many, MANY things I'm learning from you, is how to coordinate and accessorize."
wink.gif

And yet she has six pairs of shoes that look exactly the same to me. :roll:
ha!

[quote name='guinaevere']There is a HUGE difference in brightness and it has smoother edges, so it is a lot more comfortable to hold when playing. And seeing that I carry my DS everywhere with me in my purse, the afternoon that I carried my younger brothers lite in my bag instead of my own... I can tell you, the dsLite is a great deal smaller as well. I think she just must be fooling with ya.
I know that's true, and you know that's true, and maybe even she knows that's true...But she won't admit it. She's just annoyed because she thinks it's a waste of money (which, let's be honest, in the big scheme of things, it is) and it replaces the original DS that she drove all over town to get for me as a surprise for Christmas two years ago.

But if she isn't this is when you turn and look her in the eye and speak from the heart. "Darling, you're right as always. It does match my iPod. One of the many, MANY things I'm learning from you, is how to coordinate and accessorize."
wink.gif

Ooooo...That's a good line. Wish I'd had that on hand at the time. Maybe the opportunity will come up again. She'll probably roll her eyes and give me one of those "You're full of it, but I love you anyway" kisses.

I spent the morning on the CAG trips of all CAG trips. In 2 hours I hit the Circuit City's at Perimeter, Buckhead, and Cumberland! They have lots of games on the list. I saw lots of (supposedly) hard to find titles like Hulk UD, Wild Arms 4, Indigo Prophecy, and Radiata Stories. I didn't find any copies of Time Crisis: Crisis Zone, We

[quote name='Tybee']and it replaces the original DS that she drove all over town to get for me as a surprise for Christmas two years ago.[/quote]
Ah ha! That right there is the heart of the issue!

It's for similar reasons that I'm unable to part with my DS. My younger brother, my best friend and gaming buddy, imported a candy pink (a color unavailable here in the states) DS for me for my birthday (and as we have the same birthday it's even more of a sentimental issue). I mean, how can I possibly put that on the shelf?! Of course, when he's playing his very shiney and very Very bright ice blue dsLite, it's hard for me not to want one. (Just in a pretty girly color which so far, isn't available.)

I think he's testing just how devoted I am as a sister.

You rock Gator! I picked up Radiata for $5 when BB cleared them out, and I'm good with the other titles, but I'm sure other atlanta CAGers will be hitting you with location requests. =D

[quote name='guinaevere']Ah ha! That right there is the heart of the issue!

It's for similar reasons that I'm unable to part with my DS. My younger brother, my best friend and gaming buddy, imported a candy pink (a color unavailable here in the states) DS for me for my birthday (and as we have the same birthday it's even more of a sentimental issue). I mean, how can I possibly put that on the shelf?! Of course, when he's playing his very shiney and very Very bright ice blue dsLite, it's hard for me not to want one. (Just in a pretty girly color which so far, isn't available.)

I think he's testing just how devoted I am as a sister.[/quote]

Well, what I'm doing with the old one is sending it to my little brother, who can't afford a video game system, along with some games for his birthday. My wife said she'd rather I sell it, but I told her I wouldn't be able to get much for it at this point and it would mean much more to my brother, which she accepted. So I figure, received in love, sent on in love.

Some more backstory: In 2000 I flew out to L.A. to cover E3 for a Web site I wrote for at the time. Since my brother lives out there, I brought him along. While I was doing some interviews, he secretly won one an original GBA (three months before they were due to launch) at the Nintendo booth by waiting in line for three hours to play the roulette game they were running that year. After the show was over he, I, and one of my co-editors were sitting around waiting to leave for the airport and musing on how cool it would be to have a GBA. And what does he do but pull one out of his bag and hand it to me. I couldn't believe it. I still have that unit.

My reaction was the same when Mrs. Tybee got me the DS for Christmas (I hadn't even asked for it because I knew it was going to be such a pain to get and we didn't have a lot of expendable income at the time). Utter shock and delight.

Aww, that's a really sweet story.

When I was younger I would ask for a PSX/N64/whatever for Christmas, and never got it. My parents were strange, they would get me any PC game I asked for, a new video card or more RAM, but they just refused to get me a console. When the GBA came out I dutifully asked for it...imagine my delight on Christmas morning when they actually got it for me!

[quote name='Tybee']Well, what I'm doing with the old one is sending it to my little brother, who can't afford a video game system, along with some games for his birthday. My wife said she'd rather I sell it, but I told her I wouldn't be able to get much for it at this point and it would mean much more to my brother, which she accepted. So I figure, received in love, sent on in love.[/quote]
Rock on! As nice as it is to get a few bucks back when you can, it's always better when you can be a blessing to someone. =)

Some more backstory: In 2000 I flew out to L.A. to cover E3 for a Web site I wrote for at the time. And what does he do but pull one out of his bag and hand it to me. I couldn't believe it. I still have that unit.
I see that brother Tybee rocks just as much. And that is a great story!

Only thing game related that I've won that I can recall is a Chomp (you know, from Mario) soccer ball from Nintendo Power earlier this year. I need to take it to a field and take some pictures. It's the coolest thing ever... next to going to E3 with your brother... and he, winning a GBA.

My reaction was the same when Mrs. Tybee got me the DS for Christmas (I hadn't even asked for it because I knew it was going to be such a pain to get and we didn't have a lot of expendable income at the time). Utter shock and delight.
awww! =D

[quote name='such great heights']When I was younger I would ask for a PSX/N64/whatever for Christmas, and never got it. My parents were strange, they would get me any PC game I asked for, a new video card or more RAM, but they just refused to get me a console.[/quote]Huh. Maybe they didn't feel there was enough room to hook up a console to the tv?

When the GBA came out I dutifully asked for it...imagine my delight on Christmas morning when they actually got it for me!
Yay!

GBA rocks. I never really got into handheld systems until the GBA... and I've been playing video games since 1979... we'd be first in line for the latest console on release day. The first handheld we got was in 1992. The sega game gear, was it? Dang that thing was huge. But I just didn't get too into portable gaming until Pokemon Ruby.

Don't laugh. Pokemon are awesome. Along with my desire for a pet Yoshi, I also desire a herd of pokemon. *giggles*

The Roswell Supertarget had a few copies of Infected PSP $19.98, NBA Street Showdown PSP $20.98, and 187 Ride or Die Xbox $9.98.

Me & My Katamari for the PSP was part of the markdowns to $19.98, but they didn't have any in stock.

[quote name='guinaevere']
Huh. Maybe they didn't feel there was enough room to hook up a console to the tv? [/quote]

It was a very strange situation, because they bought me a TV for my room so that I could occasionally rent Playstations, etc., from video stores...but they just wouldn't buy me one! Ah, parents. Totally inexplicable.

[quote name='kjauburn']The Roswell Supertarget had a few copies of Infected PSP $19.98, NBA Street Showdown PSP $20.98, and 187 Ride or Die Xbox $9.98.

Me & My Katamari for the PSP was part of the markdowns to $19.98, but they didn't have any in stock.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard good things about 187 Ride or Die. Any idea if it's even worth $9.98?? That's a good price for a not-too-old game...

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I haven't heard good things about 187 Ride or Die. Any idea if it's even worth $9.98?? That's a good price for a not-too-old game...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't recommend it. Not even at $10. That $10 is better used towards a game you'll actually enjoy playing, holla.

[quote name='El Gray']I'm about to hit the Northpoint CCity at lunch for some of these $8.96 GBA and DS titles. Any requests?[/QUOTE]

FFIV if you see it.

No luck on the FFIV. I bought one there for 22.99 a couple of weeks ago, though, so I get to go pricematch that down sometime soon. :)

As for what I did get:

Ultimate Spidey DS (2-3 left)
Pac N Roll (maybe 2 left)
Trace Memory (3 left I think)
Tales of Phantasia (got the last one)
Getting Up LE, PS2 (1 left)

NO luck on Sword of Mana or Metroid Zero Mission or GTA: GBA

They DO have, for DS:

Polarium (4x)
Spyro
Ultimate Spidey
Dragonball Z
Finding Nemo
Guilty Gear (1x)
Incredibles
King Kong
Marvel Nemesis
Monster Truck DS
Pac N Roll
Tiger Woods (2x)
Trace Memory

Good luck!

Edit: Also of note, they have marked the PS2 games at 8.96, and have them in a bin in the center of the store. Indigo, Hulk, Gun, Russia, others still available. There's an Evil Dead game in there that I didn't remember from the list... and the FRIENDS game. Heh.

[quote name='guinaevere']I wouldn't recommend it. Not even at $10. That $10 is better used towards a game you'll actually enjoy playing, holla.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha.....cool....that's kinda what I figured. It looked pretty bad, but everything has it's price.......I guess I'll wait until it's 99 cents ;)

Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='El Gray']
Edit: Also of note, they have marked the PS2 games at 8.96, and have them in a bin in the center of the store. Indigo, Hulk, Gun, Russia, others still available. There's an Evil Dead game in there that I didn't remember from the list... and the FRIENDS game. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Friends game?? Like Ross, Rachael, Chandler, et al.???
Or am I an idiot?? Well, I AM an idiot, but still....

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Friends game?? Like Ross, Rachael, Chandler, et al.???
Or am I an idiot?? Well, I AM an idiot, but still....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they made a Friends: The One With All The Trivia video game around the time that series ended.

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, they made a Friends: The One With All The Trivia video game around the time that series ended.[/QUOTE]

WOW! :shock: I'll have to remember to get to the store and not buy that ;)
But, I guess it's a fun little gift for fans of the show....

[quote name='El Gray']Looks like the DS Lite is $110 at a Brandsmart in FL. Anyone brave enough to try the one in Doraville?[/QUOTE]

If anyone really (and I mean REALLY) needs to know, I can stop on my way home from work. I work on Roswell Rd. and live in Snellville, so I go home 285 East every day......

Let me know by 5pm, but only if it's a huge deal. I'm not just going to do it for the sake of curiosity.... ;)

[quote name='El Gray']Don't go on my behalf. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am too. I don't have the $$$ to get one now, but that's a good deal. I just don't want to brave the hazard that is PIB, unless it will help close the deal on a DS Lite for someone.....always looking to foster good Karma (not that I believe in Karma ;) )

[quote name='Tybee']FFIV if you see it.[/QUOTE]
I'm flying back into town tonight. I picked it up for trading this morning. I think you're the first local to mention looking for it, so we can talk (PM) trade later this week if you don't find it.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Ha ha.....cool....that's kinda what I figured. It looked pretty bad, but everything has it's price.......I guess I'll wait until it's 99 cents ;)

Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]
No problem. =)

The absolute best thing about 187 Ride or Die are the Mega 64 spots. You can see them right off of Ubi's official page under News. Video one (can coolers) is stoopid, but two and three are good for a laugh.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']If anyone really (and I mean REALLY) needs to know, I can stop on my way home from work. I work on Roswell Rd. and live in Snellville, so I go home 285 East every day......[/QUOTE]
You realize, we could also just call and ask...

(sorry for the triple post. this laptop is being a goofball right now.)

[quote name='El Gray']NO luck on Sword of Mana[/QUOTE]
The Rome TRU had it on clearance a couple years back for about $7 and I didn't pick it up. Nothing else struck my interest, so I figured I'd hit the TRU in Douglasville and get it there.

Since that day, I have never been able to find Mana for less than $30. >_

[quote name='guinaevere']You realize, we could also just call and ask...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess that is a good idea!!

I just called and CONFIRMED the price at $108!!! That is what the employee on the line said. I heard him typing on the computer after I asked, so it is probably accurate....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back