General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Wal-mart is an easy choice: you're most likely inside, people with you can go buy you chips and Vault to keep you comfy, hell, you could even snah a chair from Lawn & Garden. That sounds easy to me. Plus, no overnight crap.

BTW, isn't WW getting rid of their layways?[/QUOTE]
At the previous releases, Wally set out chairs for the campers. Yes, Layaway is going extinct in Wal-Mart. And it's going to be kinda chilly, someone may want to bring a thermos of hot chocolate or soup. =D

[quote name='eltonto']Wii I will arrive around 10am (18th). Ps3 I will arrive about 7am (16th).[/QUOTE]
And wait over 12 hours?!?! That's too much, my friend. You'll be a wreck sitting in there all day.

So if we do this thing, where should we do it? If Wal-Mart, I was picturing the one on Cobb Parkway, as it's the closest 24-hour one I could think of. But maybe it'd make more sense to go to a more remote location.

Can I just say that the thought of willingly spending more than 30 mins. in a Wal-Mart scares the living shit out of me? But I'll do it for Nintendo.

[quote name='Tybee']So if we do this thing, where should we do it? If Wal-Mart, I was picturing the one on Cobb Parkway, as it's the closest 24-hour one I could think of. But maybe it'd make more sense to go to a more remote location.

Can I just say that the thought of willingly spending more than 30 mins. in a Wal-Mart scares the living shit out of me? But I'll do it for Nintendo.[/quote]

One can't get more remote than the 24hr. Walmart on Lawrenceville Highway. Nothing but hills and trees surrounding. It reminds me of a ghost town. I talk to the manager in the videogame dept and he expects to get about 50 PS3 (they got 77 360s at launch) and about 130 Wiis. At least thats what corporate told him. Thats were I'm going.

[quote name='guinaevere']At the previous releases, Wally set out chairs for the campers. Yes, Layaway is going extinct in Wal-Mart. And it's going to be kinda chilly, someone may want to bring a thermos of hot chocolate or soup. =D

And wait over 12 hours?!?! That's too much, my friend. You'll be a wreck sitting in there all day.[/quote]

Did it for the 360. Between small talk with strangers, white trash throwing a fit at lawaway (the best and very entertaining), my labtop with about 50 movies ripped onto the Hard Drive (thanks Netflix), a couple back up batteries for the labtop, and about $15 for food/drinks trust me its not that hard. BTW did I mention the spectacles that white trash at layaway form when their stuff is missing, can't put a certain item on layaway etc. etc.....the best comedy ever. Plus remember layaway isn't ending until the 20th of Nov. according to the signs at Wal-Mart so the launch lines will still be there. Man I can't wait.

Example:

Cuuuzzz me sir. I need to speak to yourth managaaaa......my 13 inch Sanyo Tv payment is "afixto" come through put I need more time to tha finish the paying the a-balance off me thinks. MAN GOOD TIME AND LAUGHS AT THESE POOR BASTARDS.

[quote name='Tybee']So if we do this thing, where should we do it? If Wal-Mart, I was picturing the one on Cobb Parkway, as it's the closest 24-hour one I could think of. But maybe it'd make more sense to go to a more remote location.[/quote]
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Cobb Parkway Wally (you're talking Marietta/Smyrna area, I'm assuming... because futher up north on 41, I know of two more Wallys near to Acworth. Keep going up towards Cartersville (I think that's the name of the town) there's another Wally by that Rhino.

I know the one I'm hoping for is out of y'alls way, but it's actually nice. It's on Dallas Highyway... although doing a store search the address comes out as
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #3403, 3615 Marietta Highway, Dallas, GA 30157. It's new, the staff and management are super nice. Far and away the only Wally I usually enjoy stepping foot into.

Can I just say that the thought of willingly spending more than 30 mins. in a Wal-Mart scares the living shit out of me? But I'll do it for Nintendo.
ha! You're a good soldier, Tybee.

Be proud of me, I was in the above mentioned Wally the other evening, and I wound up selling 5 DSlite's to a couple families who were asking a clerk questions about the GBA and DS and PSP... the kid (big surprize) wasn't terribly game-savvy, so I spoke up and started talking with the parents and their kids. I even took out my DS to let them see how you can play either GBA or DS games, and let them play around with the system and the game play hands on for a few minutes. There was an interactive, but most parents are hesitant to stoop over so low (honestly, the interactives are set at about two feet off the ground... who other than a pre-schooler will play with that? And when do pre-schoolers have disposable income to actually purchase said system?).

One lady bought three DSlites, the other two familys bought one DSlite each.

[quote name='eltonto']BTW did I mention the spectacles that white trash at layaway form when their stuff is missing, can't put a certain item on layaway etc. etc.....the best comedy ever. [/QUOTE]
I dislike that anyone would ever feel the need to get agitated over material goods; life's way too short. And I really don't find another persons' misfortune humerous. *shrugs*

[quote name='guinaevere']Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Cobb Parkway Wally (you're talking Marietta/Smyrna area, I'm assuming... because futher up north on 41, I know of two more Wallys near to Acworth. Keep going up towards Cartersville (I think that's the name of the town) there's another Wally by that Rhino.

I know the one I'm hoping for is out of y'alls way, but it's actually nice. It's on Dallas Highyway... although doing a store search the address comes out as
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #3403, 3615 Marietta Highway, Dallas, GA 30157. It's new, the staff and management are super nice. Far and away the only Wally I usually enjoy stepping foot into.[/quote]

Yeah, I know the Smyrna one is trashy. It was just the most centrally-located 24-hour one I could think of. But that's probably a good reason to avoid it. I'm no connoisseur of Wal-Marts because, as I intimated, I spend most of my time avoiding them if at all possible. While I will defer to the crowd, I think Dallas is a bit extreme. Lawrenceville Hwy is the best suggestion I've heard so far. Is that one decent? We might also want to figure the expected alottment at any given store into this equasion. As we get closer, hopefully we'll be able to find out which store is getting more.

I dislike that anyone would ever feel the need to get agitated over material goods; life's way too short. And I really don't find another persons' misfortune humerous. *shrugs*

Ditto that. That shit (which seems to be Wal-Mart's stock and trade) depresses rather than amuses me. But being inside, the prospect of chairs, an orderly system of handling the waiters, and finishing the ordeal (rather than just starting) at midnight are compelling reasons to take our chances there.

EDIT: Well now it's looking like TRU will be doing preorders for the Wii, starting Oct. 29. I'd much rather give them my money, especially if it saves me having to sit in line for 5+ hours on launch weekend. They should get a huge number of units given their relatively small number of stores and the fact that Nintendo has named them their "official" launch partner. Guess we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Tybee']I think Dallas is a bit extreme.[/quote]
Trust me, I realize that. It's not near to any highway, and for that reason alone most everyone here would vote against it.

Lawrenceville Hwy is the best suggestion I've heard so far. Is that one decent?
I'm not sure that I even know where Lawrenceville is. Not that I couldn't make the effort to actually find it if a bunch of folks were to meet there.

We might also want to figure the expected alottment at any given store into this equasion. As we get closer, hopefully we'll be able to find out which store is getting more.
And if they'll be doing lottery vs first come first served. If it's lottery, then folks should just show up at that Wally's requested time-frame.

EDIT: Well now it's looking like TRU will be doing preorders for the Wii, starting Oct. 29. I'd much rather give them my money, especially if it saves me having to sit in line for 5+ hours on launch weekend.
Awesome.

[quote name='guinaevere']Trust me, I realize that. It's not near to any highway, and for that reason alone most everyone here would vote against it.

I'm not sure that I even know where Lawrenceville is. Not that I couldn't make the effort to actually find it if a bunch of folks were to meet there.[/quote]

Don't feel bad. I had to look it up too. It's in Duluth. On the way we can go to Super H Mart and stock up on Asian snacks to round out the Nintendo experience. Sittin' in line noshing on fresh-made sushi and kimchi will help to both offset the Wal-Martness and drive away the nonbelievers. ;)

Here's the store finder results for Atlanta:

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_...me=ALL&sfatt=ALL&rx_title=&rx_dest=/index.gsp

And if they'll be doing lottery vs first come first served. If it's lottery, then folks should just show up at that Wally's requested time-frame.

Do some Wal-Marts use a lottery? I thought they all used FCFS?

Did you know there are only three TRU's left in Atlanta? Tucker, Smyrna, and the one near Phipps. That's crazy. I knew they were on the fast slide to oblivion, but I didn't realize they'd thinned out so much.

I second the Dallas Hwy Walmart, that was the first place I saw Xbox360's after the shortage ended, since I've moved to this part of town I go there instead of the Acworth one and it's always better stocked. I will be there after work that Saturday night to try to score a Wii.

[quote name='Tybee']Did you know there are only three TRU's left in Atlanta? Tucker, Smyrna, and the one near Phipps. That's crazy. I knew they were on the fast slide to oblivion, but I didn't realize they'd thinned out so much.[/quote]
You're forgetting Kennesaw unless it closed down in the last 3 days.

[quote name='neocisco']You're forgetting Kennesaw unless it closed down in the last 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Oops...Check that. Their store locator is just poorly designed.

Plenty of TRUs to go around...for now. ;)

Has anyone seen the Gargoyles season 2 part 1 DVD anywhere? :headache: Wal-Mart got rid of their copies a long time ago, and now I've learned that Best Buy is no longer carrying it. Any suggestions other than on-line?

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='Tybee']Oops...Check that. Their store locator is just poorly designed.

Plenty of TRUs to go around...for now. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I THINK the one at Northpoint is still going strong... I was in there not too long ago.

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone seen the Gargoyles season 2 part 1 DVD anywhere? :headache: Wal-Mart got rid of their copies a long time ago, and now I've learned that Best Buy is no longer carrying it. Any suggestions other than on-line?

Thanks,
-B[/QUOTE]
Do you have something against DDD?
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=BVD041349

Probably as good a price as you'll find.

I'll keep an eye out locally, though. Maybe a mall store or something?

[quote name='Tybee']On the way we can go to Super H Mart and stock up on Asian snacks to round out the Nintendo experience. Sittin' in line noshing on fresh-made sushi and kimchi will help to both offset the Wal-Martness and drive away the nonbelievers. ;)[/quote]
:galomp: I love you Tybee!! To date I've been limited to Tomato on Cobb Parkway... this looks AWESOME!! Now to figger out where Duluth is. I know exactly where I'll be getting lost tomorrow. YAAAAAyy!! Driving home with a cold Boss Coffee. Life rocks.

Do some Wal-Marts use a lottery? I thought they all used FCFS?
For the 360, the Wallys around here used the lottery system. If you strike out during TRUs pre-order, we'll have to inquire of our Wmarts for the manner in which they'll be doing the launch.

[quote name='neocisco']You're forgetting Kennesaw unless it closed down in the last 3 days.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you didn't get the memo? Smartguy. =P

And there's a decent one in Douglasville. Also one out in Rome, but I only go to that one if I drive out there to browse their liberry.

[quote name='guinaevere']:galomp: I love you Tybee!! To date I've been limited to Tomato on Cobb Parkway... this looks AWESOME!! Now to figger out where Duluth is. I know exactly where I'll be getting lost tomorrow. YAAAAAyy!! Driving home with a cold Boss Coffee. Life rocks.[/quote]

Yeah, Super H Mart is the shit. Are there specific food-related things you're looking for? Make sure you also check out Your Dekalb Farmer's Market down in my neck of the woods.

For the 360, the Wallys around here used the lottery system. If you strike out during TRUs pre-order, we'll have to inquire of our Wmarts for the manner in which they'll be doing the launch.

Well, the latest is that TRU will be requiring bundles. Depending on the composition of said bundles, Wal-Mart may still be very much on the table. I've got Zelda paid for at EB and would just assume get everything else at Best Buy with GGCs.

And there's a decent one in Douglasville. Also one out in Rome, but I only go to that one if I drive out there to browse their liberry.

When you're in Douglasville, make sure you eat at Gumbeaux's (in the historic part of town, away from the mall but not too far). Best cajun/creole food outside of New Orleans. I'm not exaggerating. :drool:

[quote name='Tybee']Yeah, Super H Mart is the shit. Are there specific food-related things you're looking for? Make sure you also check out Your Dekalb Farmer's Market down in my neck of the woods.[/quote]
I haven't been to a Farmer's Market in over 20 years. But that may be fun to see some time. Is it weekend only?

As for japanese food, all I really need at the moment is noodles. Aside from food, I also love the toys and candy and drinks at Tomato. Anything in a cute package I buy. In fact, that's probably what I liked best about Shenmue and Shenmue II... being able to buy goofy Japanese-packaged thangs.

OH! that reminds me. If anyone is in Discover Mills Mall, go into Pica Pica (the sort of japanese dollar general). At the back of the store there is a display hanging on an endcap. At first appearance I thought it was little packages of shoe cleaner/polisher... but then I saw this great Engrish note that someone in the store put on the display so people would know what it is... it is, "Fixer for Stink." I so need a tiny digicamera to keep in my purse for moments like that.

If anyone around here speaks or reads Japanese, Tomato has a ton of used Manga and they rent videos (of what, I have no idea).

Well, the latest is that TRU will be requiring bundles. Depending on the composition of said bundles, Wal-Mart may still be very much on the table. I've got Zelda paid for at EB and would just assume get everything else at Best Buy with GGCs.
Hrmm... I don't know how ethical this is, but if the bundle is not too bad and includes say Twilight Princess and another controller or whatever, you *could* use the pre-pay of Zelda towards a different game at EB. Just a thought.

When you're in Douglasville, make sure you eat at Gumbeaux's (in the historic part of town, away from the mall but not too far). Best cajun/creole food outside of New Orleans. I'm not exaggerating. :drool:
I know exactly where it is. On the main road (it's Bankhead Highway further north, it may be Veterans Highway or whatever in D-ville). Never ate there. My friends make fun of me for being about as white-bread as it's possible to be.
blush.gif

[quote name='guinaevere']I haven't been to a Farmer's Market in over 20 years. But that may be fun to see some time. Is it weekend only?[/quote]

Well, "farmer's market" is probably a little deceptive in describing it, as it's much, much more than that. Basically, it's the best place to get produce, meat, seafood and international grocery items in Atlanta. It's huge. If there's a weird vegetable from the darkest reaches of Africa or some obscure variety of rice, they have it, and it's probably organic. The quality and selection is amazing and they're ridiculously cheap, too. It's open from 9:00 - 9:00, 7 days a week. Just make sure you bring cash, check, or debit/ATM, as they don't take credit cards.

http://www.dekalbfarmersmarket.com/

As for japanese food, all I really need at the moment is noodles. Aside from food, I also love the toys and candy and drinks at Tomato. Anything in a cute package I buy. In fact, that's probably what I liked best about Shenmue and Shenmue II... being able to buy goofy Japanese-packaged thangs.

Then don't go to Super H Mart. You'll be poor. ;)

Hrmm... I don't know how ethical this is, but if the bundle is not too bad and includes say Twilight Princess and another controller or whatever, you *could* use the pre-pay of Zelda towards a different game at EB. Just a thought.

Thought about that. Might change it to Elebits or Trauma Center, which probably won't be as easy to find at the big box stores around launch. I'll have a better idea of what I want to do once someone gets their hands on the Big Toy Book and we find out the preorder details.

I know exactly where it is. On the main road (it's Bankhead Highway further north, it may be Veterans Highway or whatever in D-ville). Never ate there. My friends make fun of me for being about as white-bread as it's possible to be.
blush.gif

Oh, you have to eat there. It's sooooo good. It's really the best thing in Douglasville. Wish we had a cajun place that good in Atlanta proper.

[quote name='Tybee']Thought about that. Might change it to Elebits or Trauma Center, which probably won't be as easy to find at the big box stores around launch.[/quote]
*crying* Why are you not getting Red Steel? That looks SO good!

Then don't go to Super H Mart. You'll be poor. ;)
I'm out the door as we speak... AND I just found out that they're right close to that other MicroCenter. I'll picking up a few things there too.

BTW as we're also talking Wii, they (microcenter) has a generic brand SD 1 gig card for $15, and a 2 gig about the same price after rebates.

Oh, you have to eat there. It's sooooo good. It's really the best thing in Douglasville.
Not today. I'm I planning on sitting in atlanta traffic for a good long while going to Hmart. =D

[quote name='guinaevere']*crying* Why are you not getting Red Steel? That looks SO good! [/quote]

Meh...I've never been a FPS (that's first person shooter or first person slasher...take your pick) fan. Plus, I can already see my wife rolling her eyes. I may get it. Dunno. But there are other things I want first.

I'm out the door as we speak... AND I just found out that they're right close to that other MicroCenter. I'll picking up a few things there too.

BTW as we're also talking Wii, they (microcenter) has a generic brand SD 1 gig card for $15, and a 2 gig about the same price after rebates.

Good to know. There's actually a Microcenter here near where I work. May have to pick one up.

Not today. I'm I planning on sitting in atlanta traffic for a good long while going to Hmart. =D

Well, I didn't mean TODAY, necessarily. Just next time you're in Douglasville.

Incidentally, I took a quick accounting of the DS stock over at the Smyrna TRU today in anticipation of the B2G1 sale next week. They're clearly in flux right now, moving things around for Wii/PS3 and phasing out GBA. Everyone be prepared to spot for one another next week. I'll be looking for:

- Contact
- Touch Detective
- Phoenix Wright
- Magical Starshine

Whether I'll actually find three of those is doubtful, but we live in hope. :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']Meh...I've never been a FPS (that's first person shooter or first person slasher...take your pick) fan.[/quote]
bah.

Plus, I can already see my wife rolling her eyes.
Double bah. Get it for her. Mrs Tybee will love it!

I may get it. Dunno.
Sugar, you only get a game because you actually want o play it. But at least check out the youtube promo for it.

Well, I didn't mean TODAY, necessarily. Just next time you're in Douglasville.
Which was yesterday. I'm in Hiram, and the Center where I volunteer is actually... well it's pretty much across the street from Gumbeaux now that I think of it. ^__^;;

Everyone be prepared to spot for one another next week. I'll be looking for:

- Contact
- Touch Detective
- Phoenix Wright
- Magical Starshine
Gah, never thought of Phoenix being in the TRU 2/1 sale. I just picked it up yesterday for my bro (so I finally got my own copy back) at MicroCenter for 29.99.

I think I'll call the Rome TRU tomorrow to ask for certain titles, because I know about the only good DS game at Douglasville is Trauma Center. Will Contact and Touch Detective be out next week?

Anyway, yeah people post your want games for TRU here so we can keep an eye out for everyone.

[quote name='guinaevere']bah.

Double bah. Get it for her. Mrs Tybee will love it!

Sugar, you only get a game because you actually want o play it. But at least check out the youtube promo for it.[/quote]

It depends on how much I have to play besides that (and there's a lot). I might rent it, someone might get it for me for Christmas. I can't imagine Mrs. Tybee getting anywhere near it, but who knows.

Which was yesterday. I'm in Hiram, and the Center where I volunteer is actually... well it's pretty much across the street from Gumbeaux now that I think of it. ^__^;;

Go and let me know what you think. My favorites are the seafood gumbo and the red beans and rice.

Gah, never thought of Phoenix being in the TRU 2/1 sale. I just picked it up yesterday for my bro (so I finally got my own copy back) at MicroCenter for 29.99.

I think I'll call the Rome TRU tomorrow to ask for certain titles, because I know about the only good DS game at Douglasville is Trauma Center. Will Contact and Touch Detective be out next week?

Anyway, yeah people post your want games for TRU here so we can keep an eye out for everyone.

I would be shocked if Phoenix Wright showed up anywhere. Contact is coming out (sporadically) this week. Touch Detective and Magical Starsign come out next week. The first will be hard to find, the latter, being a Nintendo published title, should be obtainable.

Phoenix Wright is currently in stock at my CC (Kennesaw). I have 5 copies so you might be able to find it at some other CC's that are closer.

[quote name='neocisco']Phoenix Wright is currently in stock at my CC (Kennesaw). I have 5 copies so you might be able to find it at some other CC's that are closer.[/quote]

Oh, I know it's around. I just meant finding it at TRU for the B2G1 sale would be unlikely.

I've never seen this before, so I don't know if it's something new or I just haven't noticed, but the Best Buy in Kennesaw is selling a few import games now for those interested. I saw Jump Superstars ($50) and Naruto ($40) for the DS a few days ago. Also a Naruto game for the PSP.

Anyone getting anything awesome in the TRU sale?

In other news, I think I will wait for the new year to get a Wii. My birthday is then. :D

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone getting anything awesome in the TRU sale?

In other news, I think I will wait for the new year to get a Wii. My birthday is then. :D[/QUOTE]

Still scouting. Most stores should get their new game shipments by today, so I'm going to do final check probably tomorrow.

Hi All. Thanks to Tybee, I just found this thread. Fellow Atlantan here, just saying "Hi!" If any people are going to be at TRU this weekend, let me know!!! :)

FYI...TRU on Cobb has 4 PS3s and 18 Wiis available this weekend. The TRU on Buckhead is going to make sure the line is regulated and does not know how many PS3s/Wiis its getting. The TRU in Marietta will get 5 PS3s and no information on the Wiis yet.

I hope this helps!

[quote name='tinyandi']Hi All. Thanks to Tybee, I just found this thread. Fellow Atlantan here, just saying "Hi!" If any people are going to be at TRU this weekend, let me know!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Good to meet you!! Welcome to the board; it's good to have you. Let us know if there's anything you need. There are some really great people in this thread, so you will like it....

[quote name='tinyandi']FYI...TRU on Cobb has 4 PS3s and 18 Wiis available this weekend. The TRU on Buckhead is going to make sure the line is regulated and does not know how many PS3s/Wiis its getting. The TRU in Marietta will get 5 PS3s and no information on the Wiis yet.

I hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Hey andi. Glad you made it. Nice to meet you.

I'll probably be hitting the TRU in Tucker since it's closest to my house. I should probably call them and find out how they're going to be handling things. Might possibly detour to the one near Phipps. I'm only interested in the Wii.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']The newly remodeled Target in Kennesaw has their Wii accessories set up today, including the glowing gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Don't know that I can make it up there any time soon, but I'm going to check the big Target over on North Druid Hills on my way home tonight.

If any of you are interested the Buckhead CC will probably be selling PS3 at midnight, 11/16. I say probably because this hasn't been made definite yet, just very likely. When I know for sure I'll let everyone know.

So does anyone here have the hook up in a retail store that is selling PS3s, that could help us secure one at launch or at least let us know when they are restocked? Thanks.

The Target Greatland on North Druid Hills does have the Wii stuff out, including the cards. Got one. Very cool.

Also, went by the TRU in Tucker tonight and spoke to the RZone manager. He said they will be doing PS3 preorders Sunday, but that district management was being very obtuse about Wii preorders. He said up until today they said they weren't doing them, now they're saying "maybe," which I took to mean yes. He didn't know how they'd be handling the line but said it's quite possible they'll be using a ticket system. Told me to call tomorrow afternoon and he'd probably know more. Anyway, of all the TRUs I've been to recently, it's the most well taken care of and the manager seemed nice, so I feel confident taking my chances there.

[quote name='neocisco']If any of you are interested the Buckhead CC will probably be selling PS3 at midnight, 11/16. I say probably because this hasn't been made definite yet, just very likely. When I know for sure I'll let everyone know.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming that means other CCs won't be doing a midnight sale for the PS3?

I'm curious cisco, do you know if Buckhead (or any of the CCs) have their projected ps3 numbers? Only because if my understandings are correct, it would appear that the entire store will be open at midnight for a handful of people. Not that other people may come in during the hour to buy a dvd or lcd or have firedog program their remote control... but then again... maybe they won't.

[quote name='tinyandi']I'll be that the TRU on Cobb on Sunday, if any of you happen to be there, say "hi!" to the short girl in line. :)[/QUOTE]
Welcome andi!

I'm finally feeling a little better so I'm amped to go out shopping tomorrow. I'll be hitting a few TRUs and EBs. ...I'll be the tall girl in line.
blush.gif

By the way Tybee, have you seen the TRU/wii pre-order Now thread on the main Video Game Deal forum? It could possibly be a whole lot of nothing thanks to website typo/error that popped up around 10pm Eastern. But you may want to call your local TRU early in the morning to double check.

We don't want to see you missing another pre-order event.

Speaking of pre-orders. I'm having a crisis of conscience with my ps3 preorder. I'm not a huge sony fan, but I had nothing really against them. The Playstation was great. The ps2 is... the weakest of current gen, but there are always a number of games only playable on that specific console...

But this whole thing of Sony putting Lik-Sang out of bidness with that psp lawsuit really frosted me. Namely because the dang thing is REGION FREE!!!

They killed Bleem! (dreamcast) which I can understand, though it still annoyed me at the time, as there were games which ran smoother using BleemCast than the PS. Yes, I tried to justify the Bleem because I liked it. Logically I know they had every right to protect their console from losing sales.

Now they flat out killed LikSang by a lawsuit which I found more vindictive as I can't see how it effected the overall Sony sales. What's lost in Europe was by default, re-captured by the Japanese product.

What also irritates me is that Sony was shrewd enough to go after a HongKong based-business, when they know there are mainland China businesses which do far worse in damages to their sales by copyright infringement/patent infringement et cetera... yet they haven't gone after these Chinese factions as they know they'll get words and no results.

If they had the guts to truly go after big fish who pull gobs of money out of the entertainment industry each year by bootlegging, even in a communist country which protects themselves... then I'd feel Sony were doing what they ought to do. As it stands I feel they're just trying to make an example out of a legit HK establishment.

Now, if LS was selling phoney PSPs, then I'd say Sony is in the right no question. All they were doing, per my understanding of the legal filings, is selling worldwide a product which they were a vendor of anyway. If I'm wrong, someone please clarify.

And sorry for the rant in here guys. I'm just debating what I ought to do about my local pre-order.

[quote name='guinaevere']And sorry for the rant in here guys. I'm just debating what I ought to do about my local pre-order.[/quote]

Do what Lik-Sang would do. Buy it and resell it. ;)

[quote name='tinyandi']I'll be that the TRU on Cobb on Sunday, if any of you happen to be there, say "hi!" to the short girl in line. :)[/quote]

Haha...nevermind. I drove through last night at 7pm and saw already 7 people in line for the 5PS3s. I'll be going to another TRU today.

FYI. The Toys R Us in Buckhead was taking Preorders for the Wii yesterday. Also, aside from Cobb, no TRUs have lines in them as of 11:00am this morning. :)

[quote name='tinyandi']FYI. The Toys R Us in Buckhead was taking Preorders for the Wii yesterday. Also, aside from Cobb, no TRUs have lines in them as of 11:00am this morning. :)[/quote]

Jesus. Don't these people have lives?

Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do at this point. My wife has already forbidden camping out. Guess I'll arrive around 6 am tomorrow and take my chances. I just have the sinking feeling that it's going to be EB/GS all over again and I'd be better off just waiting until Nov. 19.

Damn, already that many people at the cobb tru huh... I guess I'll be taking my chances with walmart on launch night (for a wii anyway, not ps3)

5 people in Alpharetta, 3 people in Kennesaw. Tucker and Buckhead are NOT allowing lines and will call the cops for loitering. How do you all recommend trying to get in on the pre-orders in Tucker and Buckhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back