General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='such great heights']I know there's a BB across from the strip mall with Barnes & Noble/Starbucks, Gamestop, thatusedCDstore and Cingular, a hop and a skip from Town Center. There's an ABC in the same strip mall as BB.

While it's "in Kennesaw" the Postal Service claims that area is in Marietta.

I think it's this one:

2941 Shallowford Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.578.6215[/QUOTE]

That's Lassiter High School. Shallowford and Sandy Plains. That is most definetly NOT Kennesaw.

The other one I know of is off Towne Lake and Eagle Dr in Woodstock.

[quote name='Tybee']So does anyone else here have a Wii? Would be nice to trade numbers with someone local.[/QUOTE]

I do, Tybee. I'll post my number tonight after work.

[quote name='TsuyoiMomonga']Do you know what the address is? I tried looking it up on the site and they didn't have one listed in Kennesaw. Also, I've never really thought to look, but I'm kind of considering buying a 360 so I can have it available to review games with, so is it a common thing for a Gamerush to carry new Xbox 360s?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't answer this yesterday. guinaevere was right, it's the one on 41, and it's not showing up on Gamerush.com's store locator.

2774 N. Cobb Parkway Suite 401
Kennesaw,GA, 30152-3469
(770) 423-9790

[quote name='rupan_sansei']I do, Tybee. I'll post my number tonight after work.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy added a field where you can include it in your profile.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Yeah, I saw that a few days ago and just never used it. I'll add it in there when I get home.

Edit: There we go.[/quote]

Added ya.

I needs help!

I'm wanting to get a gift certificate for my Sister in law to her fav atlanta area restaurant for when she and my big bro will be in town (Christmas week) as one of her pressies. The restaurants name is Dominic's and it serves italian food and is in a nice little area. I've only been there once and it was night, so I didn't get a good look, but the trees all had nice lights.

If anyone can help me find the address/phone number of this place, I'd be SOOO grateful!!

related: Aren't there sites where you can buy a $50 gc for $25 to various local restaurants/shops/et cetera? I'm just about out the door as I type this, so I don't have the time to check at the moment... but if anyone has any links, that'd be super cool to check into.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Sorry I didn't answer this yesterday. guinaevere was right, it's the one on 41, and it's not showing up on Gamerush.com's store locator.[/quote]That's not so bad, the GR store locator sometimes lists a residential home as a hiram/dallas area GR. I went driving one night to doublecheck an area I was pretty sure didn't have a BB, and as I drove past, I just sorta chuckled. :roll:

[quote name='guinaevere']I needs help!

I'm wanting to get a gift certificate for my Sister in law to her fav atlanta area restaurant for when she and my big bro will be in town (Christmas week) as one of her pressies. The restaurants name is Dominic's and it serves italian food and is in a nice little area. I've only been there once and it was night, so I didn't get a good look, but the trees all had nice lights.

If anyone can help me find the address/phone number of this place, I'd be SOOO grateful!!

related: Aren't there sites where you can buy a $50 gc for $25 to various local restaurants/shops/et cetera? I'm just about out the door as I type this, so I don't have the time to check at the moment... but if anyone has any links, that'd be super cool to check into.

That's not so bad, the GR store locator sometimes lists a residential home as a hiram/dallas area GR. I went driving one night to doublecheck an area I was pretty sure didn't have a BB, and as I drove past, I just sorta chuckled. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Is it this one? http://www.accessatlanta.com/dining...=1&orderby=1&searchtype=quicksearchrestaurant

I prefer Maggiano's, but I haven't tried this one yet. Looks good, anyway!

[quote name='guinaevere']related: Aren't there sites where you can buy a $50 gc for $25 to various local restaurants/shops/et cetera? I'm just about out the door as I type this, so I don't have the time to check at the moment... but if anyone has any links, that'd be super cool to check into.[/QUOTE] Oddly enough, it's named www.restaurant.com

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is it this one? http://www.accessatlanta.com/dining/restaurants/21992/DetailedList.jspd?activity=21992&searchcriteriaurl=c2l0ZWlkPTMwMSZsaXN0aW5ndHlwZT0xMDAwMiZjdWlzaW5laWQ9MjQmcmFuZ2U9QUxMJmNhdGVnb3J5aWQ9QUxMJm5laWdoYm9yaG9vZGlkPUFMTCZzb3J0Ynk9MSZvcmRlcmJ5PTEmY3VycmVudHBhZ2U9Nw==&currentpage=7&sortby=1&orderby=1&searchtype=quicksearchrestaurant
[/quote]
I think that's it! Thanks a million.
I prefer Maggiano's, but I haven't tried this one yet. Looks good, anyway!
It's funny, she's a convention planner so she's always getting free stays in the best hotels and free meals at the best restaurants... I went to her birthday party last year at Dominick's and thought it nice, but nothing exceptional. My guess is that it holds a lot of fond memories.

[quote name='Gator']Oddly enough, it's named www.restaurant.com[/quote] Wise guy.
tongue.gif

That's a great site! They even have Dominicks listed, but they're all out of the half price GCs this month. So close.

Atlanta Cuisine (my favorite site after CAG) also has half-priced GCs (www.atlantacuisine.com), but they come in small batches and go quickly. But they're also for really top notch restaurants. If you start hanging out over there I go by Hrothgar on the forums.

Not a fan of Maggiano's or Dominick's. My favorite Italian places in town are Sotto Sotto, La Grotta, and maybe Alfredo's. Figo is cheap and decent with nice weekly specials.

Thanks for that site, Tybee! I'll take a peek around.

And I also checked BigYellow both under "dominic's" (nothing resembling the restaurant) and "dominick's" and this is in fact the right place (yay for having a picture!!). I'm totally grateful to Ubii for the help in the correct spelling and the links, I just wanted to make sure I didn't drive all the way across the city for the wrong place.

Edit: I'm looking at the L'Thai GCs that are on Atlanta Cuisine. My big bro has become a thai fan, and that would be nice, but they're only gonna be here for a short stay...

[quote name='guinaevere']Thanks for that site, Tybee! I'll take a peek around.

Edit: I'm looking at the L'Thai GCs that are on Atlanta Cuisine. My big bro has become a thai fan, and that would be nice, but they're only gonna be here for a short stay...[/QUOTE]

I've eaten there twice. I don't know if I'd call it the best Thai in the city, but it's up there. It's unique because he uses primarily organic ingredients (all protein can be ordered with a slightly more expensive organic option). There's a long thread about it in the Atlanta Restaurants forum that will tell you everything you'd want to know about it:

http://www.atlantacuisine.com/cgi-bin/eforums/YaBB.pl?num=1143256863

[quote name='guinaevere']Thanks for that site, Tybee! I'll take a peek around.

And I also checked BigYellow both under "dominic's" (nothing resembling the restaurant) and "dominick's" and this is in fact the right place (yay for having a picture!!). I'm totally grateful to Ubii for the help in the correct spelling and the links, I just wanted to make sure I didn't drive all the way across the city for the wrong place.

Edit: I'm looking at the L'Thai GCs that are on Atlanta Cuisine. My big bro has become a thai fan, and that would be nice, but they're only gonna be here for a short stay...[/QUOTE]

Sounds great! I just don't understand how it can be on Peachtree St. and in Norcross. When I think of Norcross, I think of Jimmy Carter Boulevard and Papa Deaux', and the area around there.

If anyone comes across an extra Wii Nunchuck tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it if he/she picks it up for me. I'll gladly meet you somewhere in atlanta and pay you back!

[quote name='Gator']If anyone comes across an extra Wii Nunchuck tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it if he/she picks it up for me. I'll gladly meet you somewhere in atlanta and pay you back![/QUOTE]

I posted this a few days ago for TsuyoiMomonga, but the Blockbuster GameRush in Kennesaw tonight still has the display cards for the various Wii accessories hanging as if for sale. Never heard if they actually had them or not.

2774 N. Cobb Parkway Suite 401
Kennesaw,GA, 30152-3469
(770) 423-9790

Thanks for all the info from two weeks before. I'm here in Atlanta now, ended up getting two Georgia CityPasses through the Maxwell AFB MWR (tax free damned it! :) ). I used Priceline's bidding system, and ended up getting a fifth floor room at the Evergreen Marriott Resort at Stone Mountain for $85 (regular price is around $180 I think). True trip planning by the way of the CAG!

The g/f and I are going to check out the Aquarium, CNN Center, Museum, and stop by Underground Atlanta tomorrow. Hell, I'm not even too sure about the best way from here to there. I ended up going to a Publix to pick up a few things to bring back earlier, and got lost. Then, a Hindu guy gave me bum directions that took me all the way around the park.

So, any local Kmarts or TRU's nearby? Wouldn't mind stopping to check up on some clearance stuff after everything else is taken care of tomorrow. Or have any suggestions on what else to check out while downtown tomorrow?

Thanks for the heads up rupan. Luckily, my wife picked one up for me from the Buckhead TRU this afternoon. She said that they had quite a few.

Skylander, I wouldn't bother with underground... if you want good shopping for your g/f, take Marta (north line, Doraville train) up to the Lenox station stop, and shop at Lenox Mall in Buckhead.

I was in EBgames in edgewood on Thursday and noticed that they had a few used Wii games -- Red Steel, Madden, ExciteTruck, and (maybe) Zelda ... all $45. Someone could do very well with the B2G1 sale they have going on this weekend.

I'm honestly a big fan of thai myself, and if you're looking for a place closer to Hiram just head up east west connector towards south cobb drive. There's a place called Curry Curry about 3 miles before South cobb drive. The chef actually battled on Iron Chef and has recieved tons of awards. I recommend the masaman curry and try the basil rolls. They have a coconut soup that's interesting too.

I stopped by brandsmart near kennesaw sunday and found wii accessories and also advanced wars DS for 4.98. They were sold out on Advanced Wars, but they had plenty of Wii stuff.

Anyone know of any deals on a 19 inch widescreen lcd monitor? I'm looking to drop between 150 and 200.

[quote name='magicite']There's a place called Curry Curry about 3 miles before South cobb drive. The chef actually battled on Iron Chef [/quote] I'm no thai fan, but I've seen Curry Curry... maybe I'll drag my brother there while he's in for the holidays.

I haven't seen any deals on lcds since black friday. But to be honest, I haven't actively looked.

[quote name='Dkellar']Shit another nice warm day in December! Hot damn it's good to live in the South![/quote]Nonononononono!!! I want cold weather!!! I wanna wear sweaters and mittens and scarves. This warm weather is so boring.

Okay. I made a thread in the main forum because I thought all Best Buys dropped prices on PSP games. Turns out, it's only at Douglasville. I'll cut and paste the deals, as I've asked for the thread to be moved to a more appropriate forum and the link may not work.

Bomberman
The Con
Gradius Collection
Lumines
Me & My Katamari
NBA Ballerz Rebound
NeoPets PetPet Adventure
Scooby Doo (something something... I wrote it down in my notebook but I can't read it)
Wipeout Pure

Field Commander
From Russia with Love
King Kong
Untold Legends

[quote name='Dkellar']Shit another nice warm day in December! Hot damn it's good to live in the South![/QUOTE]

Ugh. I'm tired of this shit. It was nice for a day or two, but a week and a half of 70+-degree weather in late December is just wrong. If I wanted summer year-round, I'd live in Florida or southern California. I like SEASONS. Warm weather when the grass is brown and there are no leaves on the trees is flat out depressing. Just makes me think of global warming. Thankfully, it will be cooling down tomorrow.

I ended up picking up the 19 inch at CC for 179.99 wiht 20 dollar mail in rebate. Not bad at all.

Isn't it interesting how people deny globabl warming, and here we are in december and it's in the high 60's, early 70's? I don't think anyone will get the picture until Canada is considered tropical.

Now I'm currently looking on a deal for a xbox 360. I also heard that Brandsmart has like 30 ps3's over on peachtree industrial.

Go to Curry Curry. They're awesome :) They're a little more trendy than normal Thai, but their curry's are phenomenal.

[quote name='magicite']Now I'm currently looking on a deal for a xbox 360. [/QUOTE]

TRU is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of a 360 before Xmas.

I picked up the Premum 360 of craigslist with ncaa 07 for a flat 300. Savings of 120 considering tax, and more like 170-180 if I actually liked the game.

Now I'm looking for....

Nothing. My printer came in today, I have my 360 and gears of war. I'm stacked on DS games. Life is good.

Anyone want to buy a psp? 250 and I have GTA liberty City, Valkrye profile, monster hunter, x-men, Chapelle show, family guy movie, and 1gb stick. Plus I can downgrade it and show you how to dl games for it. pm me if you're interested. The power button slightly sticks though. Only flaw.

I also have a rotweiler puppy I picked up that got ran over, but was so small the car went right over her. She looks to be full blooded, and she's an extremely loving floppy eared puppy who needs a good home. She's about 15 punds right now, and will probably grow to be 70-100 pounds. Rotwielers are renowned for their guard dog abilitied.

[quote name='magicite']Rotwielers are renowned for their guard dog abilitied.[/quote]Better as family dogs, though, from what I understand--on par with Golden Retrievers. What I've seen backs this up; my friend had one damn sweet Rotty when we were growing up. Dunno how that dog dealt with a family of 6 kids, but she was just the most laid back dog in the world.

Are you in Atlanta? There's a no-kill shelter with a website at www.pawsatlanta.org . They might be able to direct you to a shelter closer to where you live, too, or a Rotty rescue society that'll take the critter. Since the pup's from a breed with a mean reputation, there's a possibility that someone may want to take her to train for dog fighting, so getting her to an org with experience with that sort of thing might be a good idea.

I found a home for her. She's in training to be a guard dog for a car lot. I honestly think she's way too sweet, but they were in love with her, and the rot they have is almost 15, so I know she'll have a permanent home.

I'm currently In oklahoma with my mom for the next 5 days. Time to scour Tulsa for gamer deals. I'm trying to find a second wireless 360 controller. Also sprint wireless internet is pretty good. I get roughly 128kb speeds, which is great for most basic usage.

If anybody can find me a copy of Fatal Frame III at a TRU ($10) I'd be glad to either make a good trade for it or pay $15 to have it shipped to me. The Gwinnett TRU has 2 and Lithonia has 3, as of this morning. If anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas, ATL CAGs!

Just wanted to wish happy holidays to all the local CAGs. I just got a Wii! How fun! Feel free to register me; I've added my code to the profile.

I'm going to hit up the Gwinnett TRU by Gwinnett Place in the morning. I had great success last year. Hopefully it wasn't picked clean due to Christmas.

The Gwinnett Place TRU is empty. They hardly had any of the clearance games I wanted. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last Atelier Iris 2 and Steambot Chronicles. They had one Odama left. They were pretty much wiped clean of almost every game.

[quote name='Dkellar']The Gwinnett Place TRU is empty. They hardly had any of the clearance games I wanted. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last Atelier Iris 2 and Steambot Chronicles. They had one Odama left. They were pretty much wiped clean of almost every game.[/QUOTE]
I got the last one of those titles at Buckhead, myself, along with the GTA Double Pack and CoD: LE. They still have a couple of Battalion Wars left. Buckhead and Northpoint both still have Gunstar Super Heroes, Drill Dozer, and Metroid Pinball, I believe.

No Donkey Konga 2 or Odama at either. No Chibi Robo. No Minish Cap.

One or two copies of Rebelstar left at Buckhead.

Anyone else?

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone spotted any unbundles PS3s in the general ATL area? I may be interested in taking the plunge.[/quote]
I know a guy that works at a Blockbuster and he said someone returned TWO PS3s on Christmas Eve. I went up there today, and sure enough they were behind the counter. I don't know if they are 20/60GB, but at 5:30 today, they existed at the Blockbuster on Ridge Road (heads up guinaevere!).

-Rusty

P.S. By the way, I have tons of credit at Gamerush (although not a enough for a PS3)... has ANYONE seen Wiimotes or Nunchuks at Gamerush? I desperately need a new controller set, but I can't find them anywhere!

avoid the maggianos at cumberland.

horrible service. not a good time. i didnt think that being a waiter was so intensive.

Anyone that's interested:

Fry's in Alpharetta has PS3s, both 20GB and 60GB. Of course, it's a bundle again, but only 3 games and a controller this time, not 5. They had plenty of each, I'd say maybe 20 total, including an opened 20GB that they had marked as $475 if someone is interested in biting.

Oh yeah, the 20GBs seemed to come with Talladega Nights, but not the 60GBs.

It's hard as hell to find used 360 accessories around here. Also, I'm going to try and get to kennesaw TRU tomorrow and pick up a COD2 GOTY.

Picked up a Wii at Target at North Point Parkway around 10:30 this morning. They had a bunch...maybe 15 left or so.

On a side note, anyone know where I can get some Wii component cables? It's ridiculous that these are harder to find than the controllers.

Also picked up a Wii for a friend at the Edgewood Target. They've got one more system and one more nunchuk.

Tons of Psyclone Wii Component Cables at the Wal-Mart on Mansell Road in Alpharetta...maybe 12 sets or so. Only $19.77 and they work great.

Plenty of COD2 GOTY at TRU Kennesaw, and I picked up all three BK games at Bells Ferry and 41.

Still no luck on low priced accessories though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back