General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

Spotted 3 60 GB PS3s at the Target on State Bridge Road and Peachtree Parkway in Alpharetta. They might last a while, because the clerk actively discouraged a person from getting it, noting that the games weren't any good and you needed to shell out another $50 for an HDMI cable (both half-truths).

Meanwhile, in the same time period, 5 other people came looking for Wiis. Looking back a year, I'm not sure anyone could have guessed that there was more interest for a new Nintendo system over any others and that the Playstation 3 would look unfavorable compared to the Xbox 360.

The Circuit City on Cobb Parkway has PS3s in-stock as of this afternoon. I witnessed a guy buy TWO PS3s. When I asked the clerk if they had both the PS3 and the Wii in-stock (they had empty boxes of both systems on their shelves), he said they had some PS3s, but no Wiis. Later on, when I was checking out, I witnessed someone asking about the Wii... the clerk look supremely annoyed, as if she had been fielding that question way too often.

I went to the TRU next door and walked away with Odama, Feel the Magic, and Karaoke Revolution Party (it was still on the shelf marked as $30; got it for $10). They don't have much left, but I did see 2 Odama's and a few Metroid Pinball games still in the bin.

Oh yeah! The TRU at Gwinett had 3 Wii classic controllers and a few Wii Points cards in the glass shelf behind the register.

Fellow ATL CAGs.....I need your help.

Looking for a new or used copy of Pikmin 2. This game looks to be all but abandoned, but there has to be a copy out there somewhere. If you've spotted one, or have an idea where I might be able to find one, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

[quote name='Felder71']Fellow ATL CAGs.....I need your help.

Looking for a new or used copy of Pikmin 2. This game looks to be all but abandoned, but there has to be a copy out there somewhere. If you've spotted one, or have an idea where I might be able to find one, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you live, but I looked for the game used using the store locator feature at ebgames.com. It looked like Lawrencville and Tucker each had at least 4 used copies. There were lots of other stores that showed 1-3 copies each. My advice would be to go to ebgames.com and find the stores closest to you and use the store locator feature to find a store closest that has it in stock.

Good luck!

[quote name='Felder71']Fellow ATL CAGs.....I need your help.

Looking for a new or used copy of Pikmin 2. This game looks to be all but abandoned, but there has to be a copy out there somewhere. If you've spotted one, or have an idea where I might be able to find one, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

While I haven't checked lately, I was always able to find that one at Sears in their big bucket-o-games.

Ubiiquitous,

I swear I looked on EBGames for Pikmin 2 the other day and it didn't come up, only Pikmin 1. Now, Pikmin 2 shows and Pikmin 1 is gone. There's only one store by me that had a copy but it would be worth going out of my way.

rupan,

The two Sears I went to didn't have them any more although I do remember them there at one point in time.

However, I got super lucky and found a brand-new one at a Target on Roswell Road, lurking behind some copies of Madagascar. And it wasn't even GH, so it's got the original box and everything. Couldn't be more happy (well, I would be if I could snag some more Wii controllers and nunchucks but that can wait).

Thanks again to all for your help.

I have best buy and circuit city gift cards so has anyone seen a Wii at those stores?

BTW atleast 10 ps3's at best buy near mall of georgia

[quote name='macdaddy2227']I have best buy and circuit city gift cards so has anyone seen a Wii at those stores?

BTW atleast 10 ps3's at best buy near mall of georgia[/QUOTE]

The only time I've seen them at those stores is on a release, like a Sunday morning where they have a minimum of that many systems.

As for PS3s, the shortage is over. This weekend, I was at 3 Targets, 2 Best Buys, and a Circuit City, and all of them had some. Heck, Best Buy and their release this morning had 65 and there were still 58 or so left this evening. I think the incessant demand is just about done. Probably another month or so before we see the Wiis in steady supply.

[quote name='Dkellar']The Gwinnett Place TRU is empty. They hardly had any of the clearance games I wanted. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last Atelier Iris 2 and Steambot Chronicles. They had one Odama left. They were pretty much wiped clean of almost every game.[/QUOTE]

is this the one in Duluth?

Returned to Athens TRU, wii controllers in stock.

Went by Edgewood last night...

the EBGames had a hand-written sign posted on the front door that read "We have PS3s in stock!"

Also, the Target had a copy of the Zelda: TP soundtrack + mini-sword and shield on the discount toy aisle -- $28 +15% off

The Fry's at Alpharetta was hiliarious today....they had a display of so many Playstation 3s, that they formed a little design with it, much like they do with Coke 12 packs. I believe there were close to a 100 of them. And then by the main video game register, there was a handwritten sign saying, "Nintendo Wii is sold out." The video game state of affairs is

My big question is: who is buying the PS3 software they have? If you look at the stock boxes, they literally have 1000s of copies of Resistance, Madden, and Ridge Racer. They must have had to buy a ton to get all their PS3s.

Did everyone have a nice Christmas and New Years?

I only got to see the Lights at Life once this year, but as always it was very nice.

[quote name='guinaevere']Did everyone have a nice Christmas and New Years?

I only got to see the Lights at Life once this year, but as always it was very nice.[/QUOTE]

Hey Guin. Welcome back. Things were quiet here. Didn't get to Life this year, or any big light display (though last year we drove down to Callaway).

Thanks Tybee. =)

I keep hearing about Callaway. And I keep forgetting to take a day and go see it. The irony is that whenever I travel (business or personal) I almost ALWAYS hit whatever gardens that those cities have. I move to Georgia, and keep forgetting to try Callaway.

So I'm looking for a Game Boy Player, but I can't find one anywhere... Has anyone seen one recently or does anyone know where I might be able to find one (preferably at a Gamerush since I have credit there)?

Thanks,
Rusty

I haven't seen many around. But I'll keep an extra vigiliant eye open for ya.

That said, I do have one that I don't actually need now that I finally picked up an SP. Of course, I'm greedy and would like to get eBay type moolah for it. Then again, eBay fees stink and you're a local neighbor. hrmm...

Well, guinaevere, while I'd love to profit from it, go and check the ebay prices for yourself. I think you'll be much more inclined to sell that Game Boy Player. Edit: View my blog post below for the scoop on the whole matter...

Pixelated Ink

Is anyone near a Rhino Games? I would like to hit one up before they close/change to Gamestop, but they're all so friggin' far away...

Any sales going on, if you have visited?

[quote name='El Gray']Is anyone near a Rhino Games? I would like to hit one up before they close/change to Gamestop, but they're all so friggin' far away...

Any sales going on, if you have visited?[/quote]

No sales beyond the normal promotions going on. The stores on the north side of town are woodstock (575 exit 7), Cummings (400 exit 14), Buford (985 exit 4, and Suwanee (85 exit 111)...

I normally shop at the woodstock location since its a mile form the house, but the Cummings store is near my office. Sounds like they are going to try and sale down the old school games and eventually ship them off.

[quote name='kjauburn']No sales beyond the normal promotions going on. The stores on the north side of town are woodstock (575 exit 7), Cummings (400 exit 14), Buford (985 exit 4, and Suwanee (85 exit 111)...

I normally shop at the woodstock location since its a mile form the house, but the Cummings store is near my office. Sounds like they are going to try and sale down the old school games and eventually ship them off.[/QUOTE]

But will they have to sell them off before the change to Gamestop, which is supposedly just a week away?

No "s" on Cumming, btw.

[quote name='El Gray']But will they have to sell them off before the change to Gamestop, which is supposedly just a week away?

No "s" on Cumming, btw.[/quote]

Nope they are taking inventory this weekend and putting the new gamestop computers in on Sunday. We have heard a few different scenarios for the old school gaming, but none that include a quick clearance. Right now it sounds like all items will be boxed up during the inventory and shipped out. Some people have reported they plan to sell it down first, but I heard tonight from a store manager he was told the prepare to box it up during inventory...

[quote name='El Gray']Is anyone near a Rhino Games? I would like to hit one up before they close/change to Gamestop, but they're all so friggin' far away...

Any sales going on, if you have visited?[/quote]Not a whole lot. The only thing I noticed was if you buy GoW, you can take $20 off of a GoW case. Which looks like a diamond plate (pretty sure it wasn't actually metal, though I could be wrong... I didn't really look at it) box about 16" wide, 12" tall and maybe 10" deep? And it has some sort of Gears of War logo/graphics on it.

I was kinda hoping Over G Fighters was still $10 off new but that ended around Christmas Eve. So I kinda missed out on that. But with EBs 25% off, I'll prolly pick it up used in town tomorrow.

[quote name='kjauburn']Nope they are taking inventory this weekend and putting the new gamestop computers in on Sunday. We have heard a few different scenarios for the old school gaming, but none that include a quick clearance. Right now it sounds like all items will be boxed up during the inventory and shipped out. Some people have reported they plan to sell it down first, but I heard tonight from a store manager he was told the prepare to box it up during inventory...[/quote]Having nothing to go on but familiarity with EBs old legacy games (not GS mind you, EB) I'm assuming all the 8bit-DreamCast titles will get shipped to the EB and GS stores which still carry the legacy games.

And there aren't very many of those around iirc. At least not many EBs. I'm not a big GS shopper, so I couldn't say for sure about them.

[quote name='TsuyoiMomonga']So I'm looking for a Game Boy Player, but I can't find one anywhere... Has anyone seen one recently or does anyone know where I might be able to find one (preferably at a Gamerush since I have credit there)?
[/QUOTE]

I saw one at the Northlake TRU over the weekend. Good luck with the flipping.

For those looking for Wii's, the GameStop off of Lawrenceville-Suwanne Rd and Sugarloaf Parkway. has them instock. This GS is by the new Wal-mart. They still had some as of 3:30. Oh, this is also in Gwinnett County.

Anyone else see this thread? ($25 GBA Micros at some Wal-Marts). If anyone checks their Walmart today, let me know how it goes. It's quite a drive to the nearest walmart from Decatur, but it'd be worth it for a $25 micro.

[quote name='Dkellar']For those looking for Wii's, the GameStop off of Lawrenceville-Suwanne Rd and Sugarloaf Parkway. has them instock. This GS is by the new Wal-mart. They still had some as of 3:30. Oh, this is also in Gwinnett County.[/QUOTE]

If only I had seen this thread yesterday, so close yet so far... :(

[quote name='Gator']Anyone else see this thread? ($25 GBA Micros at some Wal-Marts). If anyone checks their Walmart today, let me know how it goes. It's quite a drive to the nearest walmart from Decatur, but it'd be worth it for a $25 micro.[/QUOTE]

Just go straight up Lawrenceville highway; it's not that far!
I might check it out tomorrow.

Anyone going to see the King papers this monday? I'm going to see them but not on the holiday, it'll be too crowded at the center.

If anyone does see them soon, please let us all know your impressions. =)

Anyone stopping by a Rhino videogames anytime soon?? They're clearancing all of their classic games before they turn to the dark side.

If anyone sees a Kid Icarus, Baseball Stars 2 (NES), Zombies Ate my Neighbors (SNES), or an ISSoccer (N64), pick them up and I'll pay you back!

[quote name='guinaevere']If anyone in the area is still looking, my local GameRush has Wiimotes, Nunchucks and 360 wireless headsets in stock.[/quote]

Are you serious? That's almost worth driving home this weekend for... or maybe I'll just keep it in mind for next time.

Yup. They were behind the counter on the wall. I walked right past and then did a double take. They looked to have three each of the N accessories and maybe one or two headsets. Also had a sixaxis but those are all over.

They have the remainder of the clearance games out in bins at the Buckhead TRU. If you want Deep Labyrinth, Ape Escape 3, Trace Memory, Metroid Pinball, Trace Memory, Trace Memory, some cheapass GBA games, or Trace Memory, they're the store for you!

[quote name='El Gray']They have the remainder of the clearance games out in bins at the Buckhead TRU. If you want Deep Labyrinth, Ape Escape 3, Trace Memory, Metroid Pinball, Trace Memory, Trace Memory, some cheapass GBA games, or Trace Memory, they're the store for you![/quote]So Trace Memory then?

I know it's all personal opinion and preference, but I enjoyed Trace Memory so much more than Lost in Blue and no one buys TM. Short, sure. But still enjoyable and interesting.

I actually have a sealed copy of TM from the CCity sale. I will play it at some point. :) Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Oh, and no Game Boy Players at either Buckhead or Northpoint TRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back