General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yes that's the one underneath the BB. I don't recall location in that store, but I am pretty sure it was out of the case there, my notes in my phone don't list the number of copies (Usually that means 1). The clearance section for that target is a few endcaps away from normal game section. Just opposite the back wall of the store.

If it's not there, your next best bet is to drive just a few miles to the new Target at Perimeter mall (it's not far at all) they had multiple copies of Juiced 2 and are located inside the game case. I remember that clearly- as they had more clearance titles.[/QUOTE]

I believe there were 2 copies of Juiced 2 last night as of closing time... but yes, definitely more than one. Top row of the case, I think?

Saw a few copies of Crackdown and several copies of Stranglehold at the Edgewood Target last night - both were 41 dollars. Some Blue Dragons and Juiced 2's there too, but I don't remember how many of each or what price - last I checked they were 29.98.

Nothing too snazzy but thats what they had!

[quote name='guinaevere']Does that FYE ever have anything worthwhile in there? I only go out to Discover Mills about two or three times a year and it's so small. The FYE at Arbor Place is huge compartively. ...sadly their game selection is pretty poor so size makes no difference in this case.[/quote]NO. I generally don't go to mall cd stores, but they're selection is sorely lacking and overpriced. I've been to FYE twice, once when the Bioshock deal first hit and again on the 28th to get a HDDVD addon in time for the 5 movie rebate. I was told just before closing the night before that they had a bunch and when I show up they had none. When I called Saturday to see if Bioshock was back in stock since lots of people reported it occurring in the Bioshock thread, I asked to see if HDDVD drives were back and the guy said they didn't sell out until Saturday and he sold the last one himself. Between them putting a game on sale they never had in stock the entire sale and telling me they're out of drives when they're not and I drove there to get one, it'll be hard for them to get me back in that store (except for Bioshock for 19.99 of course!).

Still have one more Ghost Squad for any local CAG before I promote it on the official TL.

Shockingly, the Target on Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw had Jericho and NHL2K8 for the PS3 clearanced at 12.48 and 14.98, respectively. I went there after work and there were a few copies of each left. Folklore was also on clearance but they were sold out. These were all in the regular display case.

i went to the Atlantic Station target tonight on my way back from buying a 80gb ps3 (which are all of a sudden near extinction in atl) and no folklore or ninja gaiden. Next stop; edgewood Target since its near my house. Nothing on the clearance endcap (as usual) but two copies of folklore behind the glass, marked at 59.99 still. I asked the guy to scan it anyways, and lo and behold, 14.96!!!! So i bought both of them.

Now.....who here wants a copy?! I'd REALLY like to trade one for a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, if anyone has extras. PM me!

[quote name='mitch079']Shockingly, the Target on Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw had Jericho and NHL2K8 for the PS3 clearanced at 12.48 and 14.98, respectively. I went there after work and there were a few copies of each left. Folklore was also on clearance but they were sold out. These were all in the regular display case.[/quote]

Thanks mitch. I want a Jericho (either 360 or ps3 but gotta be under $15)

[quote name='Enron'] I asked the guy to scan it anyways, and lo and behold, 14.96!!!! So i bought both of them.

Now.....who here wants a copy?! I'd REALLY like to trade one for a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, if anyone has extras. PM me![/QUOTE]

Awesome find, Enron. I was going to head down there at lunch, but I couldn't get away from work. I would have gotten one of those copies! Bah! Snooze you lose.
I don't have Sigma, but I did see two copies at the North Druid Hills Target. They were stacked in a toy aisle a couple of aisles past the game section.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']Awesome find, Enron. I was going to head down there at lunch, but I couldn't get away from work. I would have gotten one of those copies! Bah! Snooze you lose.
I don't have Sigma, but I did see two copies at the North Druid Hills Target. They were stacked in a toy aisle a couple of aisles past the game section.[/quote]

Dammnit!

I think im headed up that way now. Thanks for the tip. Lucky for me, i live only a few miles down briarcliff!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']jdawg question for you. Where did you go to high school? I knew a jdawg back in high school.[/quote]There's a lot of JDawggs of various spellings about so chances aren't good, plus I went to school 5 hours away in Virginia! BTW, your avatar pic is a classic.

i went to the Atlantic Station target tonight on my way back from buying a 80gb ps3 (which are all of a sudden near extinction in atl) and no folklore or ninja gaiden. Next stop; edgewood Target since its near my house. Nothing on the clearance endcap (as usual) but two copies of folklore behind the glass, marked at 59.99 still. I asked the guy to scan it anyways, and lo and behold, 14.96!!!! So i bought both of them.

Now.....who here wants a copy?! I'd REALLY like to trade one for a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, if anyone has extras. PM me!
I was just there tonight! When were you there? I looked for clearance stuff, but didn't see it. I am waiting for some stores to drop NGS and may be able to trade with you then, but don't hold your breath. I'm also angling to trade FOR NGS in case I don't find one. That's odd that PS3 stuff was 75% there since I scanned Blue Dragon and Juiced 2 and they were 50%

Damnnit! someone beat me to them! Nothing but a sea of Crackdown there!
You're getting around tonight! If I had looked earlier, I would have saved you the trouble as I didn't see any NGS there last night. If it's any consolation, I scanned a printed bar code on a scanner and it rang up 29.98 still.

[quote name='neocisco']I'd love a NGS if anybody comes across an extra one. I have the worst luck on Target clearances.[/QUOTE]

The Target over on Barrett Pkwy - I remember seeing a handful (NGS3) there on the endcap. Don't remember the price though. I think you work at the CC right near there if I remember reading correctly so hit it up tomorrow or let me know and I'll go back after work.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. The edgewood best buy has a Halo3 package going (desperate to get rid of those damn Legendary Editions lol)

You get:

Halo 3 Legendary Edition
Halo 3 Grunt Special Edition Wireless controller
Halo 3 faceplate

for 99 dollars. Man, they are desperate to get rid of this stuff. Pretty good deal if you need a controller and halo 3.

[quote name='mitch079']The Target over on Barrett Pkwy - I remember seeing a handful (NGS3) there on the endcap. Don't remember the price though. I think you work at the CC right near there if I remember reading correctly so hit it up tomorrow or let me know and I'll go back after work.[/quote]

I was just in there tonight (Wednesday). I went in specifically looking for that game but didn't see it. Did you see them on an endcap on the back aisle? I found one there with several games on it but didn't see NGS. I won't be by there tomorrow but if you are and see one it'd be great if you could grab one for me (assuming they're $18 or less-CAG for life!:D).

[quote name='El Gray']Also noticed one copy of that Earth Defense Force game for 360 that some ppl seem to be excited about.[/quote]

Successfully grabbed it today. Thanks, Gray!

If anyone sees Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 around, please let me know.

Barrett pkwy target has 4 ps3 jerrichos and 4 or more ps3 nhl2k8
Douglassville target was a bust for NGS but had 2k8
trying hiram on the way home
I have a jerricho and a 2k8 if someone wants to trade for MGS

[quote name='neocisco']I was just in there tonight (Wednesday). I went in specifically looking for that game but didn't see it. Did you see them on an endcap on the back aisle? I found one there with several games on it but didn't see NGS. I won't be by there tomorrow but if you are and see one it'd be great if you could grab one for me (assuming they're $18 or less-CAG for life!:D).[/QUOTE]

My bad. I was thinking of PGR3 for the 360, not NGS, which was on the end cap. There weren't any NGS. Total brain fart on my part. If I do see any elsewhere for cheap (I'm planning on checking out Dallas Hwy and Acworth after work), I'll pick one up.

Sorry neo, no NGS at either location. Saw a Blue Dragon for the 360 on an endcap at the Dallas Hwy one for 29.98. They had a few Jerichos for the PS3 there at 29.98 also. Acworth had the PGR3 and Spider-Man Friend or Foe for the 360 for 14.98, I believe.

Wasn't a total loss though. At the Dallas Hwy Target, I saw one 160 gb Western Digital My Book External Drive for 79.99 and was going to buy it as I could use more hard drive space. As I was about to, a 320 gb caught my eye and it was 99.99 so I instead went with that. Not a deal or anything, figured it was a better value.

Took it up to the main registers, wasn't really paying attention as I ran my card through the machine and punched in the pin # until I saw I only owed 10.59. Yeah, the 320 gb Hard Drive rang up at 9.99 + tax. I went to the Acworth one and scanned one at 99.99. I noticed when I got home that there was another barcode stickied over the one on the box. The one stickied says
0 30878 84918 0 - the item # on the receipt says 008001256 GE.

I'm figuring this is a big time YMMV. I think it was the last one at the Dalles Hwy location to but there were 500gb ones as well so who knows if they're marked incorrectly or clearanced?

Checked out the Cobb Parkway target since i was bored. Saw a Blue Dragon stickered at 14.96, but passed. I stuck it behind some strangleholds on the clearance endcap though if any of the rest of you want to go get it!

[quote name='Enron']Checked out the Cobb Parkway target since i was bored. Saw a Blue Dragon stickered at 14.96, but passed. I stuck it behind some strangleholds on the clearance endcap though if any of the rest of you want to go get it![/quote]

Huh...I remember seeing some Blue Dragons there, but they were $30 a couple weeks ago. For that price, no sale, but for $15, I'll take a chance. Hopefully it's still there tomorrow.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Funny I didn't see it today.[/quote]

I don't know how you could have missed it, unless it was buried someplace else before someone stuck it out there. It was right out in front of the electronics clearance endcap, right on the middle peg next to the strangleholds and juiced. Maybe you and I were there at the same time! I contemplated buying it, and walked around with it in hand for about 20 minutes. I was up there from like 5.45-6.15 pm yesterday.

[quote name='Wolfkin']someone was asking about Marvel Ultimate Aliance. I saw a couple of copies at Buckhead Target 1 Normal and 2 PC.
:xbox:[/quote]

By normal, you mean for the 360, correct?

[quote name='Enron']I don't know how you could have missed it, unless it was buried someplace else before someone stuck it out there. It was right out in front of the electronics clearance endcap, right on the middle peg next to the strangleholds and juiced. Maybe you and I were there at the same time! I contemplated buying it, and walked around with it in hand for about 20 minutes. I was up there from like 5.45-6.15 pm yesterday.[/quote]

It was there today as of 12:30. I know, because I bought it. :cool:

Man, I've often been on the sidelines of deals around here, but ya'll have really come through for me this week. Thanks!

[quote name='Wolfkin']someone was asking about Marvel Ultimate Aliance. I saw a couple of copies at Buckhead Target 1 Normal and 2 PC.
:xbox:[/quote]

Checked a little while ago and didn't see any -- 360, PC, or otherwise.

However there is at least one copy of Earth Defense Force 2017 for the 360 at the Buckhead CC across the street. It's in the middle bargain bin buried on the bottom. That should make up for the one I grabbed from Perimeter yesterday. ;)

[quote name='Enron']I don't know how you could have missed it, unless it was buried someplace else before someone stuck it out there. It was right out in front of the electronics clearance endcap, right on the middle peg next to the strangleholds and juiced. Maybe you and I were there at the same time! I contemplated buying it, and walked around with it in hand for about 20 minutes. I was up there from like 5.45-6.15 pm yesterday.[/quote]

Lol, I was there a little after 5:30. Yep, it was in your hand I bet.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Lol, I was there a little after 5:30. Yep, it was in your hand I bet.[/quote]

lmao...Well now I feel very lucky indeed!

Ha. That copy of Blue Dragon now has some history. Passed on by one CAGer, missed out on by another, and in the hands of yet another.

No NGSigma at the Northpoint Target, as of this afternoon. They had Juiced 2 for $30, Spidey FoF for $25, and TH's Proving Groin [Wii] for $25. Quite a few PS2 titles for $10-14, if anyone's interested. SOCOM 2 and 3, Godfather, Ghost Rider, Poker, some anime crap, etc.

Northpoint CCity had 1x F4: RotSS in the clearance bin, along with some Alien Syndromes. Nothing else from the Wii list on the shelf or in the bin.

[quote name='Tybee']However there is at least one copy of Earth Defense Force 2017 for the 360 at the Buckhead CC across the street. It's in the middle bargain bin buried on the bottom. That should make up for the one I grabbed from Perimeter yesterday. ;)[/QUOTE]

Aha! Thanks, Tybee. I dredged through that bin and found the copy of EDF. Thanks!
:applause:

Also, there were several copies of 360 Just Cause, and PD Zero as well as Wii Alien Syndrome (is that worth it?).

Allright, I am hitting up the north Metro-ATL 75/85-lawrenceville corridor stores today. BB, Targe' and CC.
Will report findings. Anyone got any tips?

Still on the hunt for NGS and another Area 51 guide, I think I have all the currently clearanced 360 titles.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Allright, I am hitting up the north Metro-ATL 75/85-lawrenceville corridor stores today. BB, Targe' and CC.
Will report findings. Anyone got any tips?

Still on the hunt for NGS and another Area 51 guide, I think I have all the currently clearanced 360 titles.[/quote]

I can never find anything good out that way. Too many gamers up in the I85 burbs with all the kids and asian population...too much competition!

If you happen to find more than 1 Ninja Gaiden Sigma for 15 bucks, snag me a copy as well!

I hit the CC by Steve Reynolds/Gwinnett Place area this morning, found two Excite Truck/wii for $16.96 - bought one, buried the other at the bottom of the clearance bin. While I was in the area, stopped by Fry's to pick up Condemned/360 for $12.99. Hit the Sears and Target in the area and found nothing of note.

Anybody in NE Atl have any luck finding Bee Movie/360 in Targets? Looking for one for my kids...

[quote name='bier']

Anybody in NE Atl have any luck finding Bee Movie/360 in Targets? Looking for one for my kids...[/quote]

Your kids, Gamer and Score (lol, jk)-
the Snellville Best Buy has a rolly cart near the fron with some games that are 50% off the tagged price. Bee movie was either $14.99 or $19.99 after discount on the rolly cart, your checker has to wait on an over-ride from the manager though.

Best Buy‎
1709 Scenic Hwy N, Snellville, GA
(770) 982-5467‎

This Bestbuy also had the following:
Conan guides .01 (Back on the back wall with Comp. Guides)
Sims Bon Voyage .01 (Back on the back wall with Comp. Guides)
Universe at War Guides .01 (Back on the back wall with Comp. Guides)

Up in the front there was:
a few Lair Guides .01
Tabula Rasa .01 (Also on the back wall)
Naruto Guide .01 (buried)

Also the Target just down the road has 4 Ninja Gaidens at $29.99 and they should be marked down Monday afternoon or Thurs. Afternoon.
If someone would please get me one when they mark them down I would seriously appreciate it.

Buying a game for my kids is a great excuse. Unfortunately I think my wife has caught on though. I played Excite Truck more than my son today :D

Thanks for the heads up, I have a $5 bb reward that would go great with that. Will try to swing by there tomorrow.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']

Up in the front there were
a few Lair Guides .01
Tabula Rasa .01
Naruto Guide .01 (buried)

Also the Target just down the road has 4 Ninja Gaidens at $29.99 and they should be marked down Monday afternoon or Thurs. Afternoon.
If some one would please get me one when they do I would seriously appreciate it.[/quote]

Ugh, snellville/lawrenceville is just waaaaay too far to go for a 15 dollar ninja gaiden :( I used to live out that way and I hated going to scenic highway/ronald reagan area for anything then....now that im downtown, lol.

[quote name='Enron']Ugh, snellville/lawrenceville is just waaaaay too far to go for a 15 dollar ninja gaiden :( I used to live out that way and I hated going to scenic highway/ronald reagan area for anything then....now that im downtown, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's become another Marietta over here. Plus, they're doing Highway 78 construction for the next year-and-a-half, so it will be even crazier.

[quote name='bier']Buying a game for my kids is a great excuse. Unfortunately I think my wife has caught on though. I played Excite Truck more than my son today :D [/quote]

Yeah, ExciteTruck is probably one of the most underrated games on the Wii. Gray hooked me up with it back around the holidays. The motion steering controls work surprisingly well, and I love the on-the-fly deforming landscapes (especially when you "throw" your opponent) and the feeling of air you get in the game.

For $16, it's a no-brainer.

The Target near me (South Ga.) has a couple copies of Blue Dragon for 14.98 and Lego Star Wars II (non-PH) for $10 if anyone is interested let me know.

Score! Found Trauma Center: SO for 17 bucks at the Cobb Pky Circuit City (on the rack, still marked 49.99, not in the bins!)

Too bad I dont have a wii! But picked it up anyways. Any of you want it, let me know!

[quote name='jdawgg76']NGS drop anywhere? It did not drop in Snellville. . .[/quote]
Crap. No they are all gone around me. The Snellville electronics dept. guy said to check Mon or Thurs for their drop. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Pick me up one if you find one.

Anyone seen LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga for 360 at Costco? No luck at Cobb Pkwy or Town Center. Gonna check Perimeter when I get a chance.

bier: There was a copy of Bee Movie for the 360 at the Barret Pkwy Target (on the endcap...covered it with a Transformers coloring book). Also one or two Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (though why anyone would want it, I don't know).

[quote name='Tybee']Anyone seen LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga for 360 at Costco? No luck at Cobb Pkwy or Town Center. Gonna check Perimeter when I get a chance.

bier: There was a copy of Bee Movie for the 360 at the Barret Pkwy Target (on the endcap...covered it with a Transformers coloring book). Also one or two Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (though why anyone would want it, I don't know).[/quote]

Thanks for looking out for me, but I forgot to post on here that I went by the Snellville BB yesterday and picked up Bee Movie. Tried to get out of there with just that but picked up Yakuza also. Both for a total of $31.78 with the $5 reward.

I'll be going by the Mall of Georgia Costco this week and I'll check there for SWCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back